Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Final Fantasy 14

Kimchi Fetus

Featured Posts

Kimchi Fetus

Do any of you guys play this. I started like last week and am obsessed. I'm a black mage and white mage

jsn

I've been playing for the last 3 years, and it's been amazing.  I've met some absolutely stunning people who are now some of my best friends through this game!

I play summoner the most, but I have every job leveled to 80.......except Warrior, which is still at like 20 lmao..

shoful

I played the beta way back when and couldn’t really get into it but ive olayed FF13, 15 and the new 7Remake

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

tthen

I've been thinking of joining now that I haven't been on wow in quite a while. How long does it take to get to max out a character in FF14?

Kimchi Fetus
38 minutes ago, jsn said:

I've been playing for the last 3 years, and it's been amazing.  I've met some absolutely stunning people who are now some of my best friends through this game!

I play summoner the most, but I have every job leveled to 80.......except Warrior, which is still at like 20 lmao..

Ugh I need to do Summoner next but I was pretty bad at Arcanist. I will go back to it later haha

jsn
1 hour ago, Kimchi Fetus said:

Ugh I need to do Summoner next but I was pretty bad at Arcanist. I will go back to it later haha

Summoner ends up being one of the more difficult jobs.  They made it easier with the latest expansion, but it's still difficult to optimize and all that.  I think it's loads of fun tho!  Once you get all the skills a nice rhythm develops.

1 hour ago, tthen said:

I've been thinking of joining now that I haven't been on wow in quite a while. How long does it take to get to max out a character in FF14?

It's been so long since I've started I don't quite remember how long it took me to get to end game then (at the time there was just the base game through the very end of the Heavensward expansion).

I feel like you could probably do it in about a month if you played a lot, or a couple of months if you took your time.  There are level/story skips that would put you right at the beginning of the latest expansion, but I don't really recommend it.  The story is one of the biggest selling points, and while it does start off really slow, it builds upon itself so much that you'd be missing out on a lot if you just skipped to the most recent expansion. (A lot of stuff straight up wouldn't make sense lol)

The base game can be off putting to a lot of people; it drags on for a bit before getting interesting in the quests right before the first expansion starts.  New players are constantly being told "just make it through these 100 quests before the expansion and it will start being worth it" by veterans lol. 

Thankfully in the next month of two the next major patch comes out, and it'll include a rework of the base game!  They said they've cut down on a lot of the busy work and even cut out some of the more pointless quests altogether.

Kimchi Fetus
1 hour ago, tthen said:

I've been playing black mage for like maybe 2 weeks on mainstory and my first is at level 60 but just started WHM the other day and it's already at 50 so it goes faster as you progress. The beginning story is very very long though and a bit tedious to most people. I did enjoy it though. 

8 minutes ago, jsn said:

Summoner ends up being one of the more difficult jobs.  They made it easier with the latest expansion, but it's still difficult to optimize and all that.  I think it's loads of fun tho!  Once you get all the skills a nice rhythm develops.

I may try it again. I just switched to white mage to have shorter queue times although that is kind of messy as well. Sooo much pressure.

Rosalina

I’ve been playing for around 2 years now I think, and I just came back after a looooong break. Just reached level 80 on my first class! My main is Astrologian, but I’m really living for Dancer atm too 

Kimchi Fetus
2 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

I’ve been playing for around 2 years now I think, and I just came back after a looooong break. Just reached level 80 on my first class! My main is Astrologian, but I’m really living for Dancer atm too 

I saw a dancer for the first time just now and was like wtf is she doing :deadbanana:

Kimchi Fetus

I was just posting replies to a dungeon but was under free company 

Bradley

Hey everyone, I've been meaning to join. Can anyone tell me the difference between the starter edition and the complete edition? Which one's worth it? Also do I just buy it and get download links or something? And this is international and not just limited to the US right?

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/444748/final-fantasy-xiv-online-starter-edition-pc-download
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/564956/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

@Rosalina @jsn thanks a lot for helping out! :hug:

Edit: I've literally never bought online games before so if you could just share anything relevant to me, I'd appreciate it. :selena:

Rosalina
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

Hey everyone, I've been meaning to join. Can anyone tell me the difference between the starter edition and the complete edition? Which one's worth it? Also do I just buy it and get download links or something? And this is international and not just limited to the US right?

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/444748/final-fantasy-xiv-online-starter-edition-pc-download
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/564956/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

@Rosalina @jsn thanks a lot for helping out! :hug:

Edit: I've literally never bought online games before so if you could just share anything relevant to me, I'd appreciate it. :selena:

I would highly recommend trying out the free trial before buying the full game - you can only level your classes to lvl 35, with one character per world, but there is no time limit, so you can take as much time as you need to see if the game is right for you. 

The starter edition only contains the base game (A Realm Reborn) and the level cap is 50, whereas the complete edition contains all 3 expansion packs (Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers), that brings the level cap to 80 and has all the latest content.

I would have a go at the free trial for a couple of weeks, and if you really like it, buy the complete edition. The starter edition really isn’t worth it IMO because most of the content is outdated and if you like the game you’ll likely buy the expansions anyway.

Yes, you can play the game from pretty much any country, but there are three datacentres: North America, Europe and Japan. You can only interact with players from your own datacenter, and it’s recommended that you choose the one that is closest to your own location and time zone. Most people who are outside those regions (Australia, South America, etc) tend to pick the NA datacenter.

You can download the game and client either from Square’s official store, Steam, or the PlayStation Store if you’re playing on PS4. Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you need any more help! It really is a fantastic game and community, and you’d be more than welcome!

Bradley
7 hours ago, Rosalina said:

I would highly recommend trying out the free trial before buying the full game - you can only level your classes to lvl 35, with one character per world, but there is no time limit, so you can take as much time as you need to see if the game is right for you. 

The starter edition only contains the base game (A Realm Reborn) and the level cap is 50, whereas the complete edition contains all 3 expansion packs (Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers), that brings the level cap to 80 and has all the latest content.

I would have a go at the free trial for a couple of weeks, and if you really like it, buy the complete edition. The starter edition really isn’t worth it IMO because most of the content is outdated and if you like the game you’ll likely buy the expansions anyway.

Yes, you can play the game from pretty much any country, but there are three datacentres: North America, Europe and Japan. You can only interact with players from your own datacenter, and it’s recommended that you choose the one that is closest to your own location and time zone. Most people who are outside those regions (Australia, South America, etc) tend to pick the NA datacenter.

You can download the game and client either from Square’s official store, Steam, or the PlayStation Store if you’re playing on PS4. Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you need any more help! It really is a fantastic game and community, and you’d be more than welcome!

All this is so helpful, thank you so much. I'd definitely use the free trial first before buying it. That's under the assumption that I can continue my level 35 character after buying the complete edition? (if I buy it)

I do have a couple of more questions if you don't mind.

1. Is it complex to play? I've seen gameplay videos and there are like tons of skills to use and I don't know if it takes a lot of playing hours to master them. I mean, if I go into parties and such and do mediocrely with my skills, do I get roasted by the community? How are FF people like? :selena:

2. I live in Asia so the natural datacentre choice for me would be Japan. But how do we communicate? I know there are people from other countries as well but I can't imagine all these users with different native languages communicating freely. Should I pick Europe or NA so at least I can communicate with the community?

3. I've played MapleStory before and it took like months or years to get one character to level 200 (that was before the major overhaul). I mean I have three months of full-time break before I go back to university, but I'd like to just know how much commitment is needed for this game to truly get the most out of it.  Like how long does one take to get from level 1 to level 80 (the maximum right)? Cause MS really took all the days and nights of my life though I really loved it (that's the point of MMORPG anyway).

4. Lastly, do I need to make a lot of in-game purchases to really make progress?

Hope these questions aren't too much, I really appreciate your help.:hug:

Rosalina
7 hours ago, Bradley said:

All this is so helpful, thank you so much. I'd definitely use the free trial first before buying it. That's under the assumption that I can continue my level 35 character after buying the complete edition? (if I buy it)

I do have a couple of more questions if you don't mind.

1. Is it complex to play? I've seen gameplay videos and there are like tons of skills to use and I don't know if it takes a lot of playing hours to master them. I mean, if I go into parties and such and do mediocrely with my skills, do I get roasted by the community? How are FF people like? :selena:

2. I live in Asia so the natural datacentre choice for me would be Japan. But how do we communicate? I know there are people from other countries as well but I can't imagine all these users with different native languages communicating freely. Should I pick Europe or NA so at least I can communicate with the community?

3. I've played MapleStory before and it took like months or years to get one character to level 200 (that was before the major overhaul). I mean I have three months of full-time break before I go back to university, but I'd like to just know how much commitment is needed for this game to truly get the most out of it.  Like how long does one take to get from level 1 to level 80 (the maximum right)? Cause MS really took all the days and nights of my life though I really loved it (that's the point of MMORPG anyway).

4. Lastly, do I need to make a lot of in-game purchases to really make progress?

Hope these questions aren't too much, I really appreciate your help.:hug:

Of course! Always happy to help :hug:

1. It really isn't difficult to play once you get the hang of what each skill does and which ones you need to prioritise. When you start at level 1, you only have access to a few basic skills, which are very simple to understand and use. A lot of the skills you'll unlock aren't very important and you likely won't use them much - I'm a lvl 80 healer and still rely mostly on the same basic attack and healing spells most of time. Once you learn your rotations and your muscle memory adapts, you'll be able to play the game without even thinking about it! The interface is very intuitive and easy to use, so don't worry. If you're worried about messing up in dungeons and stuff, I'd advise starting with a DPS class like archer or pugilist that doesn't require as much responsibility as a tank or healing class. You can play as every class in this game and once you unlock them you can change between them on the fly, so try them all to find one that's perfect for you. And don't worry, the community is super nice and supportive to newcomers, and will be happy to answer any questions you have. When doing a dungeon for the first time, it's worth telling your party, and most of the time they'll be happy to explain any of the dungeon mechanics that you might be unfamiliar with.

2. Pretty much everyone on the JP server only speak Japanese, so it'll be impossible to communicate unless you can speak the language of course. I would recommend the NA servers, since pretty much everyone communicates in English. EU servers is mostly English and German.

3. It really depends on how much time you invest in the game and what you invest your time in. I managed to get from level 62-80 in a couple of weeks in my main class, so I would say it would take around 1-2 months or so to get to 80, assuming you play every day and do your dungeon roulettes and stuff. 

4. There are optional items you can buy, but most of them are cosmetic items like glamours, mounts, and minions that have no bearing on actual gameplay. You can buy character progression and main story skip items, but these are very expensive and are only really for people who want to save time and reach end game as fast as possible.

Oh and yes, when you reach lvl 35 on the trial, you still keep all your progress if you buy the full version. Hope that helped!

Archived