Reginald 13,843 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 I've been listening to as much as normal. Actively listening to music is one of my favorite hobbies, not just background noise, however Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MingersPrayer 585 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 I feel like I've been listening to music more actually but it makes sense that the general public use music as a distraction/background activity rather the core focus. Hence declined use. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cookie Tookie 10,546 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 Maybe because certain artists aren’t giving us new music to listen to? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom Bradley 1,638 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 1 hour ago, BradleyCooper said: Which Gaga album is the best to listen to in that situation Born this way It’s a spiritual experience from start to finish and the production is twice as excellent when you’re st*ned. A true pop music bible. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,031 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 1 hour ago, Shadow said: I save data for streaming movies or internet usage. How is everyone's data service? Streaming at home: Use Wi-Fi Streaming outside: LTE Unlimited But services like Spotify have a download option where it downloads so you don’t use data when out and about! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
vyniildisk 12,689 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 I stream music all the time. When im cooking. When im taking a shower, when im walking, in the supermarket. I got a shower speaker and one time i almost got run over by a bus because i have my headphones all the time. My mom used to scream at me for wearing headphones to sleep. I dont know a world without music and i cant even imagine one Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY 6,283 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 2 hours ago, August3 said: I actually listen to more music now, because I have nothing else to do. I have listened to Madonna's entire discography the last few days. Plus I have listened to a lot of artists that I usually never listen to, such as Fiona Apple and Dua Lipa. I’ve also listened to music more. I Stream when I’m working out, sometimes for background noise, and when I shower. When I was commuting to work every day I usually listened to podcasts so I don’t fall within this statistic. And when Chromatica comes out this number will go up Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Temptation 11,209 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 2 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said: Edgy take, but true This is supported by another article I read that said everyone is listening to old music now. We're all letting our true lame selves out. We don't need new music every week/month, just our All Time Top 10 lists I think it’s the other way round. We don’t need to pretend we like lame music anymore just because it’s brand spanking new and promoted as such. We’ve always secretly liked the good stuff but were afraid to show it because it wasn’t the marketing and fashion industry’s newest jewels and drugs. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicogly 2,579 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 3 hours ago, Bradley said: and working okay doctor Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Temptation 11,209 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 OMG i just read the recent article by Quartz that measured exactly how much less people are streaming and which artists have dropped the most: Cardi B The Chainsmokers Sia Daddy Yankee Maluma are all down by 18%!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Andreu 37,216 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 3 hours ago, Shadow said: I have so many physical albums at home or digital albums on my external hard drives, why would I use up the bandwidth if I don't have to? Streaming comes in handy when you're on the move. I can stream home too but not as much. I save data for streaming movies or internet usage. How is everyone's data service? In my case its basically this, I am streaming still a lot, but I would rather listen to the maybe 150 CDs or vinyl I have at my parents house, specially since I have barely hear in the last two years bc of uni etc Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Andreu 37,216 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 9 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said: OMG i just read the recent article by Quartz that measured exactly how much less people are streaming and which artists have dropped the most: Cardi B The Chainsmokers Sia Daddy Yankee Maluma are all down by 18%!!! Now that you mention it reggaeton has gone from being my most listened genre to zero sksks (I dont need entertainment for the bus and the metro anymore ) but I have kept listening to the music that I really liked betomd the entertainment Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Temptation 11,209 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 11 minutes ago, Andreu said: Now that you mention it reggaeton has gone from being my most listened genre to zero sksks (I dont need entertainment for the bus and the metro anymore ) but I have kept listening to the music that I really liked betomd the entertainment I think the pandemic has completely changed the way we see and hear the world. When the crisis is over, I have a feeling we won’t be going back to the way we were. It all sounds so cheap, fake and self-indulgant. The new world at the other end of the tunnel will be very different. The 2020s will be a total rejection of the last decade. So many artists will retire or just vanish out of the spotlight. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 People are watching Tiger King, Money Heist, etc on Netflix, and whatever else is.on Hulu, Prime, Apple, and Disney+. I dont listen to music while watching something on Netflix. ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Diamond heart99 5,262 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 I’ve been streaming the same amount being around home because I always have to have music going. I’ve been that way since I got my first stereo as a little kid. But I get why it’s down - makes perfect sense. Also the true reason why Chromatica was shelved. I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.