Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Fiona Apple releases her new album!

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche
1 hour ago, high heeled fem said:

Please tell me what song to listen to first!! I’ve been a fan for 18 years now 

Listen to the entire thing from start to finish. It has an amazing flow and it wouldn't be as nice to listen to songs separately from the first listen

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
2 hours ago, high heeled fem said:

Holy **** that’s so cool ! Let’s chat please 

important: what song shall I listen to first 

From the new album? Honestly the 1st track is pretty great. Other than that: For Her,  Under The Table, Ladies, Heavy Ballon, and Relay all stand out to me. 

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, catsandlabneh said:

I will get back to you as soon as I finish all the albums and have a breakdown here probably :vegas:

Omg I would LOVE that. Tag me plz because I will definitely contribute to that thread. Note: her discography only gets better with each listen because majority of the songs are so complex and original that you notice new things each time. Her 24 year old album sounds fresh as hell even today. 

Honestly a masterpiece. I've never heard anything like it (I'm not familiar with the rest of her work). It's been a long time since an album resonated with me so much. Musically, lyrically - it's perfect.

alsemanche

Also, i just want to say that the Kate Bush reference in Fetch the Bold Cutters made my heart swell I love it so much :bradley:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

imnotyourbabe10

So much taste in this thread!  Excited to finish listening to Apple's new album. 
But ya'll like Kate Bush, too?---yes gawd!

This year is excellent for music -- especially with Alanis' new record o the horizon too :diane:

SKANK

Fetch The Bolt Cutters is Fiona Apple auditioning to join the Triplets of Belleville. I love it.

StressedOut

Loving this album, the instrumentation at the end of Under The Table was AWESOME. The piano on Shameika WENT OFF. 

Ctouf

Hey guys! I had NEVER heard of this artist and I tried to dive into this new album but I don't get why it is excellent or amazing? This is absolutely not the kind of music I listen to and there is absolutely no offense, I'm willing to discover more about her.
But could y'all explain to me why you like her so much? Maybe I'm just too young to get into it but I'm really curious and don't really understand why I don't like it as much as a lot of you guys :heart:

NCgaga

My sister messaged me and said Fiona had a new album out and it’s very good. I had nothing to do last night so I though, hey why not. Fiona has been kind of a mess psychologically for the last decade. But holy crap, this album is goooooodddd. 

NCgaga
8 hours ago, Ctouf said:

Hey guys! I had NEVER heard of this artist and I tried to dive into this new album but I don't get why it is excellent or amazing? This is absolutely not the kind of music I listen to and there is absolutely no offense, I'm willing to discover more about her.
But could y'all explain to me why you like her so much? Maybe I'm just too young to get into it but I'm really curious and don't really understand why I don't like it as much as a lot of you guys :heart:

Maybe you’re just too young to get I to it. I think it would help if you were familiar with a little more of disography and what to expect from her. She comes from an era where real artists used real music, meaningful lyrics and real instrumentation in their songs. I think most In the younger generations won’t get it- not all, but most. They haven’t been exposed to quality and don’t understand it.

Archived