12 members have voted

1. 1. Will Aerith Die?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but she'll be resurrected
    • Yes and no. Storyline can branch

Featured Posts

Seeka

For anyone who thinks the title is a spoiler, everyone knows Aerith dies in the original. Nothing to be done about one of the most famous events in gaming culture. 

But what I'm asking now is whether or not you guys believe she will die in the remake?

Eros92

I mean she could. 

But since Cloud has pretty much had visions of her death and its pretty obvious this game ISN'T just a remake and probably has some timey-whimey alternate reality stuff going on it's really unknown. 

Knife

Tampering with that aspect of the story is a sure fire way to piss the fans off.

She has to die.

Seeka
19 minutes ago, Knife said:

Tampering with that aspect of the story is a sure fire way to piss the fans off.

She has to die.

Has to is a beat of an overstatement. There's enough changes in the game for the remake to be it's own canon. 

Calling it a remake is generous. It has enough changes to be called a reimagining. 

Before I watched my brother play, I was sure Aerith was going to die. 

Now I'm more sure of Aerith not dying. 

This is 100% a different canon. 

RAMROD

Will be interesting os she won't, that will be new and wanna see how they will handle the different storyline then. As a long time fan, I am open to it.

But I feel like that she will,  otherwise many other long time fans may be disgruntled cos of it. Feel like most fans just wanna replay it on much better visuals and pixels which we get now, and much less about different storyline. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Knife
31 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Has to is a beat of an overstatement. There's enough changes in the game for the remake to be it's own canon. 

Calling it a remake is generous. It has enough changes to be called a reimagining. 

Before I watched my brother play, I was sure Aerith was going to die. 

Now I'm more sure of Aerith not dying. 

This is 100% a different canon. 

Let me bookmark this, and in ten years when Part 2 comes out we'll see who was right. :billie:

Seeka
17 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Will be interesting os she won't, that will be new and wanna see how they will handle the different storyline then. As a long time fan, I am open to it.

But I feel like that she will,  otherwise many other long time fans may be disgruntled cos of it. Feel like most fans just wanna replay it on much better visuals and pixels which we get now, and much less about different storyline. :shrug:

Maybe that's why they're doing the game in installments? They want to ease fans into the idea that this isn't a true remake?

Because we have already veered away from canon. Sure it's similar. 

But calling this a truthful remake is false in all ways. And I mean that in more than the quest padding. There are changes to events that are different than the original. And like entire swaths that are brand new. 

I think if Square wanted a pure recreation of 7, we wouldn't be getting what we're getting now. 

Plus, also, I think everyone knows the FF fandom was permanently made rabid with FFXV. And Tetsuya Nomura wants to do sh!t his way anymore. 

I doubt that everything will work out like the original. 

Knife

I finally beat Final Fantasy VII Remake and I get why you're asking this now.

I'm not going to spoil anything in the off chance someone reads this who's playing the game or will play the game, but I'm not feeling these plot changes. Of all the Final Fantasy games that could benefit from an alternate/modified story line, this was not one of them.

All the developers had to do was bring the outdated Final Fantasy VII into the modern age and flesh out the world beyond the limitations of what the PS1 was capable of. What they decided to do..was give us Final Fantasy VII: Kingdom Hearts edition. Not here for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Kimchi Fetus
On 4/14/2020 at 9:40 PM, Seeka said:

For anyone who thinks the title is a spoiler, everyone knows Aerith dies in the original. Nothing to be done about one of the most famous events in gaming culture. 

But what I'm asking now is whether or not you guys believe she will die in the remake?

I feel like Barret not dying was a because of the spirits is a sign that she won't die because they broke from that experience 

Archived