Sneaky Oliver 23,088 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 I’m desperate to go back to work because I’m afraid I might get fired. I have bills to pay. I’d obviously take care and protect myself but I need to go back asap Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stanley Digaga 975 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 25 minutes ago, Lucas said: They say they have 0 case of coronavirus so far, so I guess it's safe for them, if they don't let anyone enter the city risking to contaminate people It doesn't necessarily means it's safe because, unless they have tested the entire popultaion, they can't be sure about it since some people don't show symptoms. I don't think it's a good idea to go back to work because it's because we weren't strict enough at first that the virus spread so quickly. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,776 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 (Not in my country at least; I'm in the US, and we are leading in number of deaths) She/Her/Hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RenegAde 20,626 Posted April 12, 2020 Author Share Posted April 12, 2020 17 minutes ago, Stanley Digaga said: It doesn't necessarily means it's safe because, unless they have tested the entire popultaion, they can't be sure about it since some people don't show symptoms. I don't think it's a good idea to go back to work because it's because we weren't strict enough at first that the virus spread so quickly. I kinda Agree lets just hope this doesn't backfire . Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RenegAde 20,626 Posted April 12, 2020 Author Share Posted April 12, 2020 19 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said: I’m desperate to go back to work because I’m afraid I might get fired. I have bills to pay. I’d obviously take care and protect myself but I need to go back asap Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Taide 5,789 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 Yes and anyone who knows even relatively little about economy would agree. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Taide 5,789 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 47 minutes ago, Franch Toast said: (Not in my country at least; I'm in the US, and we are leading in number of deaths) Tbh who's shocked that USA, home of tens of millions obese people and bad health care, would lead other countries in death? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,776 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 3 minutes ago, Taide said: Tbh who's shocked that USA, home of tens of millions obese people and bad health care, would lead other countries in death? You forgot to mention an ignorant and negligent federal government. She/Her/Hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,165 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 4 hours ago, xoxo Craig said: No I don't. We are nowhere near the peak of this virus yet here and I think realistically we should wait until like June or July before we can even consider going back to work There's a lot of people getting desperate in a lot of countries. Countries that can't afford to send the kind of help like $1,200 checks a month people complain they can't get by on. In some places ppl don't even get a week's pay in a help a month Some places simply not be able to sustain a lockdown for long. I saw reports and interviews from India there's ppl literally starving. This whole it's not safe yet just keep the lock down... That's not gonna keep flying indefinitely Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maleficent 6 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 5 hours ago, tomsches said: Depends... Austria, for example, has had a steady decrease of new infections in the last weeks and our curve is relatively flat at the moment. So they are gradually reopening the country starting on Tuesday. I think, there should be mandatory testing for every citizen of a country. I know this is incredibly difficult to realise, but if every person of a nation was tested, only those who test positive would need to stay in quarantine and the rest of the population could go on to live their "normal" lives again. If not for everyone in the country, at least 30-40 percent. The USA and Canada are barely testing 10k per 1million population. It’s ridiculous. That number should be 30-40 times as high. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,776 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 25 minutes ago, Economy said: There's a lot of people getting desperate in a lot of countries. Countries that can't afford to send the kind of help like $1,200 checks a month people complain they can't get by on. In some places ppl don't even get a week's pay in a help a month Some places simply not be able to sustain a lockdown for long. I saw reports and interviews from India there's ppl literally starving. This whole it's not safe yet just keep the lock down... That's not gonna keep flying indefinitely It is really sad. It would help if we had a test for antibodies so that people who'd recovered at the very least could get back to work and help the economy. I don't know what the solution is. I don't envy the politicians who have to make these calls. She/Her/Hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,165 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 Just now, Franch Toast said: It is really sad. It would help if we had a test for antibodies so that people who'd recovered at the very least could get back to work and help the economy. I don't know what the solution is. I don't envy the politicians who have to make these calls. It doesn't help that no matter what Governemnts do people are never happy and satisfied. Sometimes situations are too complicated for perfect solutions and perfect solutions don't exist Id like to see all these critics swap positions and try to handle the crisis with very short windows to make decisions and plans with limited resources Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Modern Ecstasy2 2,202 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 Transitioning back to ‘normal’ life will happen in different stages and at different times depending on the city/province/state/country based on how things are in that particular region. In Canada as a whole, I can’t imagine non-essential work resuming until sometime in the summer. “Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RenegAde 20,626 Posted April 12, 2020 Author Share Posted April 12, 2020 2 minutes ago, Economy said: It doesn't help that no matter what Governemnts do people are never happy and satisfied. Sometimes situations are too complicated for perfect solutions and perfect solutions don't exist Id like to see all these critics swap positions and try to handle the crisis with very short windows to make decisions and plans with limited resources Yeah i feel this governor is actually doing something right, cross river state is self sufficient as far as food goes .there's a garment factory here that makes face masks that are meant to be handed out to citizens for free Police are checking people at check points and sending them home if they dont have their mask on. No confirmed cases, boarders closed. Large gathering are still going to be prohibited Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted April 12, 2020 Share Posted April 12, 2020 52 minutes ago, Economy said: It doesn't help that no matter what Governemnts do people are never happy and satisfied. Sometimes situations are too complicated for perfect solutions and perfect solutions don't exist Id like to see all these critics swap positions and try to handle the crisis with very short windows to make decisions and plans with limited resources Actually, for now, with some small exceptions, if they did the lockdowns, the politicians got huge political gains. The governors in US got huge increases of their approval rating. The same with some politicians in Europe, who were going down. Not to mention that almost every government has a lot of new powers. Russia and China regimes also are using this situation to gain popularity by promoting conspiracies, fake news, criticizing democratic countries. Some Asian countries learned that their citizens want the kind of restrictions that their law prohibits. India is using this to continue their discrimination politicies against muslims, which started to gain some international attention. It is actually scary to put all this in the same comment. This is the perfect time to abuse your power and probably some politicians do that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.