• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doogi

• Americano

• Sexxx

• Elizabeth

''We will no longer be able to side-step the consequences of what we choose to say."

I wonder what this means :huh:  And I kinda don't understand it :sick:

Feels like a threat to me!!...not that im bullying someone!

Danylo â€@DanyloSalles 10h

@ladygaga does @rkelly have a big black cock?

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga 10h

@DanyloSalles @rkelly yes

:lmao:

Btw she said a lot of interesting things in her last Q&A

Edited by PHARAOH

as I lay me down to sleep, colors and rage, explosive charades, showbiz electronica #gaze

nnnn these sound so much like lyrics, is she teasing us already 

Is it me, or did her recent tweet about the "overflow of hate" seem to be talking as much about fans as it was about the GP? I'm not sure how to read it. Gaga seems to go from saying one minute that she doesn't care what people think to saying how upset she is with all of it the next minute. It's tough, I'm sure. I'm not sure how I would handle it. But this quote from my good Ancient Roman buddy, Marcus Aurelius, is something I think about a lot when people are being jerks: "When another blames you or hates you, or people voice similar criticisms, go to their souls, penetrate inside and see what sort of people they are. You will realize that there is no need to be racked with anxiety that they should hold any particular opinion about you.†The people who say crap about Gaga aren't people whose opinions are worth worrying about, anyway. 

Grand Public

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga 2h

@billboard you're included actually. In todays industry, u should be supportive of music period. Why target a passionate + dedicated artist?

Billboard â€@billboard 51m

@ladygaga We got nothin' but love for you & all who dare to create. Would love to talk soon, maybe at more than 140 characters? -@bwerde

Dean Winchester

Gaga is clearly having a meltdown over her debut sales just like we did  anyways billboard remains classy  :legend: while gaga looks childish  :fail: This proves that she is infact one of us  :lolgaga:

freebit

Oh Gaga....

I wish she would give her twitter to an assistant, or just use it sparingly. She's too much of a raw nerve on there at times, and she's only hurting herself when she reacts like this. I feel bad for her, but this is the last thing she needs, I just wish she'd see it.

Did she delete the Billboard tweet? Can't see it. Aren't they usually supportive of her, though? Why's she ticked off?

Did she delete the Billboard tweet? Can't see it. Aren't they usually supportive of her, though? Why's she ticked off?

because she put her heart and soul into this album, and all what BB did over the last week is posting articles showing fewer sales than predicted and comparing how ARTPOP would sell in its 1st week compared to BTW. Have you seen the number of comments, mostly hateful these articles generate. 

Put yourself in her shoes; what would you do if your bread and butter, your heart and soul and mind get bashed every time you're mentioned. Gaga is a human like anyone; she has the right to be upset and she has the right to show her vulnerability. Fans should stop adding to her grief by criticizing her every ****ing move 

Edited by alffy74

because she put her heart and soul into this album, and all what BB did over the last week is posting articles showing fewer sales than predicted and comparing how ARTPOP would sell in its 1st week compared to BTW. Have you seen the number of comments, mostly hateful these articles generate. 

Put yourself in her shoes; what would you do if your bread and butter, your heart and soul and mind get bashed every time you're mentioned. Gaga is a human like anyone; she has the right to be upset and she has the right to show her vulnerability. Fans should stop adding to her grief by criticizing her every ****ing move 

I agree; she has every right to be upset. However, making this public can be hurtful; the general perception has been very negative. I understand that she has a very stressful job and that the constant negative media attention get to you. I appreciate her tweeting to be close to her fans, but I do believe having an assistant or manager to review things a little could help at times when you're feeling upset and out of control. I have regretted sending private messages to people; if those messages were public, I would be dealing not only with my own regret but the embarrassment of having made such a deal public. I can't help but wonder if Gaga is feeling that way now, having said something that perhaps should have been kept behind closed doors.

Bill's response was even-tempered and suggests no ill will, so I do hope that they'll be able to talk it out and work things out. Who knows, perhaps she'll change someone's mind and make the ARTIST vs ARTIST articles less common or prominent. Billboard has been positive about ARTPOP as an album, giving it its most positive Metacritic review, so it's not as simple as "they are constantly putting Gaga on blast."

I agree; she has every right to be upset. However, making this public can be hurtful; the general perception has been very negative. I understand that she has a very stressful job and that the constant negative media attention get to you. I appreciate her tweeting to be close to her fans, but I do believe having an assistant or manager to review things a little could help at times when you're feeling upset and out of control. I have regretted sending private messages to people; if those messages were public, I would be dealing not only with my own regret but the embarrassment of having made such a deal public. I can't help but wonder if Gaga is feeling that way now, having said something that perhaps should have been kept behind closed doors.

Bill's response was even-tempered and suggests no ill will, so I do hope that they'll be able to talk it out and work things out. Who knows, perhaps she'll change someone's mind and make the ARTIST vs ARTIST articles less common or prominent. Billboard has been positive about ARTPOP as an album, giving it its most positive Metacritic review, so it's not as simple as "they are constantly putting Gaga on blast."

I didn't say BB is against Gaga and she never said they are; she said they're contributing. They do so by writing articles that highlight comparative sales, which fuel hateful comments; they use Gaga to get traffic on their websites. Gaga's articles are the most commented on by far.

As to whether making her grief public, may I suggest we look at it differently? Gaga has revolutionized the way celebrities interact with the public. She made herself more accessible and this is why so many fans are still loyal to Gaga; they relate to her as a person. She has always stood against bullying; if she was public about it for others, it's all very natural that she'll be public about it for herself.

I didn't say BB is against Gaga and she never said they are; she said they're contributing. They do so by writing articles that highlight comparative sales, which fuel hateful comments; they use Gaga to get traffic on their websites. Gaga's articles are the most commented on by far.

As to whether making her grief public, may I suggest we look at it differently? Gaga has revolutionized the way celebrities interact with the public. She made herself more accessible and this is why so many fans are still loyal to Gaga; they relate to her as a person. She has always stood against bullying; if she was public about it for others, it's all very natural that she'll be public about it for herself.

I think if she had written this about any other rag that only tore her down, there wouldn't have even been a thread about it. The perception that she's turning away the only ally she has is what's got everyone in a tizzy. Plenty of people cheered her on when she was tweeting about Perez being a pig because after their friendship went sour, Perez did nothing but try to bring her down. Billboard is (from my understanding) flip-floppy. It sucks that her biggest ally talks **** about her, but those are the breaks.

I can imagine how this happened; she's looking through responses to her tweets, retweets, etc. and she sees Billboard mentioning her talking about her spreading hate quote. She gets pissed that they have the audacity to do that and writes her tweet. A bit later, she realizes the crap hit the fan or someone on her team tells her to remove it. It's a natural response, but she removed her tweet which means she regretted posting it. I do feel she, as they say in Spanish, stuck her foot in, and she knew it.

I agree that Gaga is undergoing a lot of stress right now, but for better or worse, these expressions of grief are worsening the situation. Perhaps she should take a break from the internet. Install one of those apps that prevent you from seeing certain websites. I feel like she's being self-destructive, an easy thing to do in a situation like this (I know because I've done it). It is worrying that so many things and changes are happening at the same time, and I feel like all of this ("disappointing" ARTPOP sales, firing Troy Carter, the media never giving her a break) contributed to her snapping at Billboard. Honestly, I hope she has time to... relax, I guess? Be herself again. I love that she's respectful on Twitter and not the "clapback queen" like Rihanna. She's always displayed self control and I guess the reason this is worrying is because it seems like she's losing control (the "excuse me" on LM.com, the "we worked so hard on it :(" tweet about DWUW and "I want to show my musicianship" to that Madonna stan).

Honestly, although I believe the tweet was a bad idea, I understand why Gaga did it. And it's her potential motivation and state of mind that is worrying. She feels betrayed and hurt that she gave the world her all in ARTPOP and they "do what they want with her body." I think it's deeper than she lets on, and you can see it bubbling to the top in her social media.

Edited by Foiled