Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What do your parents think of Gaga? Do they stan?

ArtpopAct2

Featured Posts

ArtpopAct2

Inspired to make my first thread due to a discussion I was having in the “What hated song do you like“ thread:vegas:

Anyways, do your parents stan our fave?

Mine shock me because all of them - my stepmom, mom, dad and stepdad, are all conservative and pretty traditional (not homophobic or anything but still) but they all respect her surprisingly.

of course they all like her when she’s playing the piano and will admit she’s talented when she performs stripped down in stuff like Joanne and ASIB. 

My stepmom is the biggest fan of them all though, she loves her and respects her so much and when her and my dad took me to artRAVE for my birthday they both maintain to this day it’s the best concert they’ve ever been to.

I caught my mom knowing the lyrics to Aura when I played it and subsequently found out that most of ARTPOP is on her workout playlist after she stumbled on it on our iTunes :vegas: I usually share my music with her but not ARTPOP because I figured it’d be too abrasive and electronic for her so this surprised me.

My stepdad is the hardest to convert but he finally admitted after her Super Bowl show that it was outstanding, though he always says “she needs to do more stuff on the piano and less pop music” :deadbanana:

One thing they have in common is that they all absolutely LOVE You and I, my stepmom calls it her favorite song of all time. It’s such a powerful tool in Gaga’s arsenal :giveup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GaGaAst

both of them don't know gaga exists. :huntyga:

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

HausofGabo

All my family stans her :firega:

my mom loves everything from Miss Gaga, my Dad’s favorite song is Alejandro.
My sister loves TFM Gaga and my niece goes to parties with me sometimes and loves everything from her.

blankpaper

The past 12 years have been a trip haha. My parents went from

”ugh she’s weird why do you like her” to

”she’s so weird but I guess she has a good voice” to

”why is she dating Tony Bennett?” to

”I don’t like her music, but she’s extremely talented” to

”take lots of videos, I want to see when you get back from Vegas”

reality’s tight if the music is right

i never showed gaga videos ever to them :) 

i still remember i have to watch alejandro and bad romance video on a bootleg cd 5 am :) i'm still 11 btch HAHA i'm scared they know this satanic ritual is real LOL (EDIT i'm 21 now btw .. so its been 10 years ago .. what a silly btch :3) 

KatieJudasGaga4

My mom used to not like her, especially when I was blasting Judas back in 2011 and she's very religious. (She supports the LGBT though)

She changed her mind when she saw ASIB.

My step-father doesn't have a problem with her I think. He told me he enjoys TEOG and Shallow though.

HoneyB

My dad is a stan he owns TFM on Vinyl and CD:vegas: he makes me listen to Monster in the car whenever I drive with him:koons:

My mom was a huge fan of Joanne and loves listening to A-Yo, Million Reasons, And Perfect Illusion:vegas:

My Little brother I got to listen to ARTPOP and he loves Aura and he prefers the demo. I also taught him about Act 2 and he wishes it would leak:billie:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

ProfessionalClown

Step dad is a homophobic asshole so he's not into her.

My mom on the other hand stans her just as much as I do basically. She actually heard Just Dance before I did lmao

Zilla

My mom thought I was stupidly obsessed and it wasn't healthy (lol) but now she calls and tells me that she saw her on TV or stuff like that. So she is interested, I guess I can say that my mom appreciates her but not at the level I do. But I did catch her watching her old videos a while back :laughga:

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Gagaplayer315

My mom has always liked her but I turned her into a stan with ASIB.

My dad is a little madonnster so... :green:

Chromatica Island

Mine do, they saw A star is born and like her music. I have LGBTQ family members (my sister and I are bi and my uncle is gay) so they support us. :heart: My mom loves teog and my dad likes Bloody Mary, Bad romance, Applause, and Joanne

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

AlwaysLoveGaga

They stan Cheek to Cheek :billie:

But in all seriousness, they realize her immense talent, and like a good amount of her work, though they don't listen to her frequently. They like her as a person too and really respect her charity work.

Spoiler

I stan Cheek to Cheek too :heart:

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

Miel

They like her. Initially, because I enjoyed her and they noticed how much she meant to me at a young age. Currently, they understand she is very talented, enjoy her music, and are surprisingly very aware of her humanitarian efforts.

It's almost like she is a perfect combination of their music tastes, too. For my father, some of her music (Speechless, TEOG, all of Joanne) is pleasantly reminiscent of his love for old white dad classic rock. For my mother, some of her music (literally everything else) is reminiscent of her love of disco and 80's pop.

And they both really like Just Another Day dsdjkljakljsd

3 points in and ready for more

Archived