Iconic and LEGENDARIC 

i miss them i still listen to all of these 😭 Anahí was that bitch💚

Anahi and Roberta were awesome.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE GGD
25 minutes ago, Flawless said:

They were HUGE in Brazil. If they wanted to do a reunion tour it would be more than 5-10 stadium dates in the country. I wonder if they were as big in other countries of latin america like Argentina, Colombia, Chile...

Anybody from other countries in Latin America? Let us know if RBD was big in your countries. Thanks. 

UnknownUser71
1 hour ago, Guapo said:

Who on here knows or remembers RBD?

A CLASSIC!

This song was literally everywhere when I was a kid :bradley: Ugh! the nostalgia :bradley:

River
8 minutes ago, Guapo said:

How did you find about them? I honestly donŽt know many non Hispanics who know them besides Brazilians who used to really love them. 

In Israel we are crazy for Telenovelas, we have a specific channel for them called "Viva", I used to watch Muñeca brava with Natalia Oreiro (Tu Veneno is her best song!) and of course Facundo Arana, I was in love with him lol, a guy in my school looked like him and I just lost it :selena:

And all the kids and teens channels used to broadcast Chiquititas, Rebelde Way, Verano del 98, Floricienta (also one of the best), Alma pirata and Casi ĂĄngeles.. all from the amazing Cris Morena.. there were others but I was not a fan of..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

I LOVE GGD
9 minutes ago, River said:

In Israel we are crazy for Telenovelas, we have a specific channel for them called "Viva", I used to watch Muñeca brava with Natalia Oreiro (Tu Veneno is her best song!) and of course Facundo Arana, I was in love with him lol, a guy in my school looked like him and I just lost it :selena:

And all the kids and teens channels used to broadcast Chiquititas, Rebelde Way, Verano del 98, Floricienta (also one of the best), Alma pirata and Casi ĂĄngeles.. all from the amazing Cris Morena.. there were others but I was not a fan of..

Wow! I didn't know telenovelas were big outside Latin America.❀

I LOVE GGD
11 minutes ago, Mister D said:

A CLASSIC!

This song was literally everywhere when I was a kid :bradley: Ugh! the nostalgia :bradley:

Truly a classic.

I LOVE GGD
4 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

Marimar (protagonizada por Thalia), por ejemplo, fue un éxito tremendo en Filipinas. Estaba leyendo que en aquella época cuando se transmitió la telenovela a todas las recién nacidas les ponían de nombre Thalia, etc... Las telenovelas, sobre todo las mexicanas, eran muy famosas en ciertas partes de Europa, Asia, África, etc. 

I kind of knew they were really famous but not at that level! :kiss:

PS. Try not to post a full comment in any language that is not English or youŽll get a warning. I got one for a full post in Spanish like a week ago. 

River
29 minutes ago, Guapo said:

Wow! I didn't know telenovelas were big outside Latin America.❀

I think Ugly Betty is the most successful one, I think it was even succesful in the US because people watched the original and liked it better (the US version is bad imo)

13 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

Those telenovelas were never seen in Mexico (only on pay TV, some of them. Disney Channel broadcast Floricienta, Chiquititas, Casi Angeles...). Televisa (the main network in the country) did not broadcast foreign telenovelas. It rarely did. Televisa bought the formats, as it did with Rebelde Way, and exposed the content beyond the originals. That's why Rebelde, the Mexican version, was more successful, for example, than the original. Televisa used to be so powerful. 

oh I see, this is new to me, because for me like everyone knows the Argentinean telenovals :laughga:

We didn't have Disney Channel, I think it was called Jetix, something like that.

In Israel the Mexican version was less successful, I think because the Mexican dialect was pretty new to our ear and we were pretty much like the Madonna fans vs Gaga :neyde:

Now it seems like the telenovals are struggling or just not that interesting, they became too popular, I briefly watch here in Costa Rica what they have on tv and netflix and it's pretty horrible.. it's mostly gang members and pretty women..

Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa

Don’t even @ me, but Shallow is just a cheap knock off of Rebelde 😂.

ANYWAYS RBD days were the days 

When I saw you for the very first time Looked like Fred Astaire, drinking your red wine

I LOVE GGD
50 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

What about Aventuras en el Tiempo? No one mentions it. And It's my favorite. :selena:

Damn! That was EPIC!

I LOVE GGD
24 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

Do they have subtitles? Aren't they dubbed?

Telenovelas aren't what they used to be. Televisa has not made telenovelas like it used to, but their classics are still broadcast in many countries. In Brazil, for example, they're still a big hit. And yes, Betty la Fea (Ugly Betty in USA), a Colombian telenovela, is one of the most famous and successful in the world. It's the telenovela with the most remakes, if I'm not mistaken. Now it's all about drugs and killing :bradley:

It was def a cultural event in a lot places.❀

I LOVE GGD
1 hour ago, VenusHooker said:

Marimar (protagonizada por Thalia), por ejemplo, fue un éxito tremendo en Filipinas. Estaba leyendo que en aquella época cuando se transmitió la telenovela a todas las recién nacidas les ponían de nombre Thalia, etc... Las telenovelas, sobre todo las mexicanas, eran muy famosas en ciertas partes de Europa, Asia, África, etc. 

The trilogy of Marias! 

Flippy
57 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

What about Aventuras en el Tiempo? No one mentions it. And It's my favorite. :selena:

Honestly it was never one of my faves :huntyga: I tried watching it and it never caught my attention (Couldn't stand the main actor :bradley:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

KURUSHITOVSKA

They are legendary. I miss them so much. 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

River
1 hour ago, VenusHooker said:

Do they have subtitles? Aren't they dubbed?

Telenovelas aren't what they used to be. Televisa has not made telenovelas like it used to, but their classics are still broadcast in many countries. In Brazil, for example, they're still a big hit. And yes, Betty la Fea (Ugly Betty in USA), a Colombian telenovela, is one of the most famous and successful in the world. It's the telenovela with the most remakes, if I'm not mistaken. Now it's all about drugs and killing :bradley:

We don't dub, only kids cartoons and movies, we use subtitles for everything.

I think there's a new Ugly Betty now, it's on Netflix, actually there's like 2-3 more with the original lol

Yeah it's terrible, even the bad girls are not iconic anymore..

Archived