throwback

Lady Gaga cites Madonna as influence

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

kaelergrey

I hope both fanbases will just get along. But I just saw this and its so refreshing. :flutter:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

• Admin changed the title to Lady Gaga cites Madonna as influence
nerdfacekillah

glad they are fine with each other now. this photo is iconic

oscar-party-portraits-jr-lady-gaga-madon

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, nerdfacekillah said:

glad they are fine with each other now. this photo is iconic

oscar-party-portraits-jr-lady-gaga-madon

16 #1 hits and 88 overall Billboard POP hits in a single picture. :vegas:

Madonna fans will never understand Gaga’s humble attitude. I don't think she’s ever hated on Madonna. Gaga’s always cited her as an influence & been nice about her. When other artists do it, the Madonna fans applaud it. But Madonna has ridiculed Gaga many times in the past, her fans think that kind of media bullying/shade is OK, allowed and warranted. It didn’t help. Her and Gaga are very different creatures and the colours speak for themselves, and that is why Gaga has a lot more friends in showbiz and is becoming more respected across the board by music legends and winning respectable acclaim, from institutions like the Academy. It doesn’t get better than being Elton’s kid’s godparent, singing jazz standards with a national treasure, or dining with Barbra Streisand. One minute Madge is shading her, singing mashups of BTW or trying to forcibly assert her own influence in what Gaga does (Born This Way/Express Yourself, reductive, “hundred people in a room”), next she’s trying to get a picture with Gaga’s Oscar. Cher’s seen through Madonna for decades now. I hope they’re fine now & you may think I’m being negative, but don’t be surprised if Madonna comes out with something rude or shadey in the future for a publicity stunt. Never really liked her character, but her music is beyond legendary and I won practically every album on disc

11 minutes ago, Rio said:

Madonna fans will never understand Gaga’s humble attitude. I don't think she’s ever hated on Madonna. Gaga’s always cited her as an influence & been nice about her.

This is not the point. At first I thought Madonna fans were rude but looking at how some other Gaga stans treats us in comments on Instagram and Twitter I started to wonder, but then the Madonna stans starts to attack on a personal level and this behaviour is not accepted. Same for both fandoms. I will defend Madonna tho when a Gaga “stan” is getting brave to attack someone who were more successful than her without a doubt.

Ally Campana
18 minutes ago, Rio said:

One minute Madge is shading her, singing mashups of BTW or trying to forcibly assert her own influence in what Gaga does (Born This Way/Express Yourself, reductive, “hundred people in a room”), next she’s trying to get a picture with Gaga’s Oscar. Cher’s seen through Madonna for decades now.

This part. She’s too flip flop-y. One minute she says ‘Reductive’ and the next she says it was made up by the media and they never really had a feud (when she was the one that pushed the feud to heights). She’s a musical legend but I will never respect her as a person at all. Too fickle.

Does it matter? Damage is done

kaelergrey

Ok guys. Chill. No fighting. :nick:

I get what you are saying. Which is understandable. Of course when your idol is being attacked at any point. You have this urge to defend and protect them. Since you love them. Thats a given. 

Anyways, just chill on the comment section. Love you guys. Hugs. :hug: 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

2 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

This part. She’s too flip flop-y. One minute she says ‘Reductive’ and the next she says it was made up by the media and they never really had a feud (when she was the one that pushed the feud to heights). She’s a musical legend but I will never respect her as a person at all. Too fickle.

The reductive part was for one song and nothing more which she still thinks:rip:

Madge can be messy, I agree, but not so bad

Ally Campana
1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

The reductive part was for one song and nothing more which she still thinks:rip:

Madge can be messy, I agree, but not so bad

Nah. Even after that the whole BTW/ EY performance, dragging Gaga on her concerts + Graham Norton, etc. I love her music. But I just think she’s too fickle. She’s like that one ‘friend’ you keep asking yourself if you’re actually friends or enemies. She switch as she seems fit for her. She’s not THE worst person don’t get me wrong. But she’s ‘bad’ enough for me to want Gaga to stay away from her.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Didymus

Madonna said ONE thing about her. One. Amidst her continuously praising Gaga and making respectful comments despite everyone calling Gaga “the new Madonna”. Even in that now infamous “reductive” interview Madonna clarified that Gaga is not copying her act, just that she had issues with one song in particular. It’s Gaga who kept on dissing Madge on multiple fronts for years before finally caving in.

Gaga was just way too ****ing sensitive and that’s the tea. She has called out other artists multiple times for copying her and without an interviewer asking her a direct question about it so that whole holier-than-thou shtick was a cringefest.

Glad they’re finally ok now.

Didymus
2 hours ago, Rio said:

Madonna fans will never understand Gaga’s humble attitude. I don't think she’s ever hated on Madonna. Gaga’s always cited her as an influence & been nice about her. When other artists do it, the Madonna fans applaud it. But Madonna has ridiculed Gaga many times in the past

This is a blatant lie. Gaga has said HORRIBLE things about Madonna multiple times, Madonna only made one comment about BTW and inserted a cheeky reference to the drama in her tour, while continuously praising her otherwise.

Y’all have just invented an alternative history is the problem. Madonna has complimented Gaga far more than “ridiculed” her (see my post later on). The same cannot be said the other way around.

KindnessPunk28
47 minutes ago, Rio said:

Madonna fans will never understand Gaga’s humble attitude. I don't think she’s ever hated on Madonna. Gaga’s always cited her as an influence & been nice about her. When other artists do it, the Madonna fans applaud it. But Madonna has ridiculed Gaga many times in the past, her fans think that kind of media bullying/shade is OK, allowed and warranted. It didn’t help. Her and Gaga are very different creatures and the colours speak for themselves, and that is why Gaga has a lot more friends in showbiz and is becoming more respected across the board by music legends and winning respectable acclaim, from institutions like the Academy. It doesn’t get better than being Elton’s kid’s godparent, singing jazz standards with a national treasure, or dining with Barbra Streisand. One minute Madge is shading her, singing mashups of BTW or trying to forcibly assert her own influence in what Gaga does (Born This Way/Express Yourself, reductive, “hundred people in a room”), next she’s trying to get a picture with Gaga’s Oscar. Cher’s seen through Madonna for decades now. I hope they’re fine now & you may think I’m being negative, but don’t be surprised if Madonna comes out with something rude or shadey in the future for a publicity stunt. Never really liked her character, but her music is beyond legendary and I won practically every album on disc

You are so bitter and this post is nothing but fake news :lmao: But keep living in 2012 hunty; our QUEENS have moved on with their lives 

38 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

This is not the point. At first I thought Madonna fans were rude but looking at how some other Gaga stans treats us in comments on Instagram and Twitter I started to wonder, but then the Madonna stans starts to attack on a personal level and this behaviour is not accepted. Same for both fandoms. I will defend Madonna tho when a Gaga “stan” is getting brave to attack someone who were more successful than her without a doubt.

Ngl but I’m positive madonna stans are worse. Every fanbase has their rude stans, but Madonna fans are notorious for shitting on Gaga on a much more disgusting level. Patrick Creamuns, for example? You won’t catch Madonna hate on this site(can’t say I’ve seen any), but you’ll certainly find threads of Gaga hate on Madonnanation. Our fave preaches positivity and online kindness, Madonna encouraged negativity back in 2011 and her fans have been awful ever since. 
Ain’t talking about success. Gaga has her own throne at this point, especially after the past two years, she’s doing great in her own lane.

Archived