other

Disease and Harlequin songs added to Vulture’s ranking of Gaga songs

monstertoronto

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Can I ask where did they rank Disease? Everytime I try to scroll my page keeps refreshing. Also, what is nr. 1? Bad Romance? 

Disease is #15, #1 is Bad Romance, #2 is TEoG and #3 is BTW. This is the Disease blurb:

For years, fans have wondered, could a happy, healthy Lady Gaga ever revisit the freakiest moments of her first four albums? Wonder no more: Lead LG7 single “Disease” hits with the force of an electropop sledgehammer. Gaga’s channelling the themes of sex and sickness that made “Do What U Want” and “Swine” so uncomfortably compelling. But this time, her muse has changed — she’s no longer consumed by darkness but in control of it. Co-written with her fiancé, Michael Polansky, who also encouraged her to return to pop in the first place, “Disease” is a direct **** you to the idea that great art must come from suffering.

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

ChromaticaGUY
6 minutes ago, Nite said:

Disease is #15, #1 is Bad Romance, #2 is TEoG and #3 is BTW. This is the Disease blurb:

For years, fans have wondered, could a happy, healthy Lady Gaga ever revisit the freakiest moments of her first four albums? Wonder no more: Lead LG7 single “Disease” hits with the force of an electropop sledgehammer. Gaga’s channelling the themes of sex and sickness that made “Do What U Want” and “Swine” so uncomfortably compelling. But this time, her muse has changed — she’s no longer consumed by darkness but in control of it. Co-written with her fiancé, Michael Polansky, who also encouraged her to return to pop in the first place, “Disease” is a direct **** you to the idea that great art must come from suffering.

Oh I love this so much

• Love 2

moonsago
21 minutes ago, Nite said:

15 is actually pretty good considering it’s her entire discography! Thank you! :runhug:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Mister G
5 minutes ago, moonsago said:

15 is actually pretty good considering it’s her entire discography! Thank you! :runhug:

Agreed especially for someone 16 years into her career and starting her 7th solo era. Rejoice monsters, today was a good day.

• Love 3

I just feel like press should wait a little more when it comes to rank a new song. I would wait for the story the song has to tell as a whole and it’s longevity along the pop and music culture, especially when we don’t even have its mv yet. 
It’s a nice placement nonetheless. 

monstertoronto

15 is a great rank, especially for a brand new song that doesn’t even have a video made public yet and has not charted yet. I love the faith in the song and in Gaga’s comeback.