💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo
Just now, Deagan said:

You're telling me the difference between #2 and #30 on BB100 is 4000 pure sales difference then? 

SL was #25. But yes, it’s called the decline in digital music. The same thing you weaponized against Gaga a few pages ago and then when I showed it affected everyone you claimed there was no decline in digital sales. And well, now here we are.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TWICE on hatius
5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I've been her fan for 10 years and I'm on GGD 4 years, you can't call me "fraudulent liddo" because I'm far from that. Only because I'm objective and don't support hate towards other pop girl doesn't mean I'm not a Gaga fan. I hope you don't have anything against her and it's Dua Lipa not Peep. 

The thing is I never quote you at the first place, I only defended miss Gaga against that specific user. I never meant to compare them but my btw post is to point out the hypocrisy of that specific user that you failed to notice and then you started to quote me back. I never hate artists and I don’t celebrate on misfortune unless the lashing needs to be delivered.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

SL was #25. But yes, it’s called the decline in digital music. The same thing you weaponized against Gaga a few pages ago and then when I showed it affected everyone you claimed there was no decline in digital sales. And well, now here we are.

So tell me how many streaming units DL pulled to be #2 and #3 last 2 weeks, and what Gaga did to be #30 and #25 (just to make it very clear which of the two songs is doing better right now).

4 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

The thing is I never quote you at the first place, I only defended miss Gaga against that specific user. I never meant to compare them but my btw post is to point out the hypocrisy of that specific user that you failed to notice and then you started to quote me back. I never hate artists and I don’t celebrate on misfortune unless the lashing needs to be delivered.

No clue what a fraudulent liddo is, but if it has anything to do with being new, I registered here in July 2012, and never have I seen such blatant disregard of other artist's accomplishments as I've seen since SL. The way KP's singles and now Dua Lipa's FN first week debut "prediction" based on one day are used to make fun of them. It's just eww. Without any reason, cuz Gags ain't doing all too well herself right now.

I've laid out everything that I wanted to say in my previous post. Don't get why people wanna go against every little thing I said. The NYT was 97% sure that Clinton would become president and god were they wrong.

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, nest said:

Did he... did he just compare Hilary losing the election to Dua selling less than 50K albums :lmao:

He's just listing CONSPIRACIES :ladyhaha:

6 minutes ago, nest said:

Did he... did he just compare Hilary losing the election to Dua selling less than 50K albums :lmao:

Yes it's a very good metaphor for speaking too fast. Dua did not "sell less than 50k albums", and she won't WW, and I doubt in the US as well. Too bad I can't find my post from 2017 where I said Dua Lipa's New Rules was going to blow up and launch her into superstardom, where some people also laughed it off.

5 minutes ago, justhislife said:

He's just listing CONSPIRACIES :ladyhaha:

Right. And so are all of you.

Luna Lovegood
3 hours ago, Arturo said:

Nope. 

Buzz Angle’s first day report shows Future Nostalgia well under 5SOS, Pearl Jam, The Weeknd, and other albums. 

Buzz Angle is to HDD as Nielsen is to Billboard.

https://www.buzzanglemusic.com/charts/albums/

Where’s PARTYNEXTDOOR? Didn’t they released an album too ft. Rihanna?

luna’s advocate

Lighter
23 hours ago, Der Meister said:

Never do. It’s not realistic at all.

They did the same to Normani yet she ended nowhere but bubbling charts

Arturo
1 hour ago, Deagan said:

So tell me how many streaming units DL pulled to be #2 and #3 last 2 weeks, and what Gaga did to be #30 and #25 (just to make it very clear which of the two songs is doing better right now).

We went from

You: HDD actually says Dua is debuting with 250k-300k

which is FALSE to

You: HDD didnt predict Dua correctly

which is FALSE to

You: Buzz Angle’s Friday numbers are wrong

which is FALSE to

You: Well look at Gaga she’s the only one who had a pure sales decline

which is FALSE to

You: Ok well everyone had a pure sales decline but but Gaga’s streaming didn’t improve

which is FALSE to

You: Dont Start Now sold more in the last week than Stupid Love did in its first 3 weeks

which is FALSE to

You: Ok well you have to admit DSN did better than Stupid Love on the Hot 100 as of right now.

Yes, that is finally true. And no one in this entire thread would deny that. Glad we had to go through that many hurdles to get 1 sensible post from you

Arturo
1 hour ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Where’s PARTYNEXTDOOR? Didn’t they released an album too ft. Rihanna?

Yeah and its not doing that well

3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

We went from

You: HDD actually says Dua is debuting with 250k-300k

which is FALSE to

You: HDD didnt predict Dua correctly

which is FALSE to

You: Buzz Angle’s Friday numbers are wrong

which is FALSE to

You: Well look at Gaga she’s the only one who had a pure sales decline

which is FALSE to

You: Ok well everyone had a pure sales decline but but Gaga’s streaming didn’t improve

which is FALSE to

You: Dont Start Now sold more in the last week than Stupid Love did in its first 3 weeks

which is FALSE to

You: Ok well you have to admit DSN did better than Stupid Love on the Hot 100 as of right now.

Yes, that is finally true. And no one in this entire thread would deny that. Glad we had to go through that many hurdles to get 1 sensible post from you

What a load of nonsense.

- HDD did predict Dua Lipa will have gathered 250-300k activity after its first week (not debut though).
- HDD didn't predict Dua's debut correctly - well that's what I still believe.
- I never claimed that their "numbers" are wrong, I'm claiming that HDD is wrongly using data of 1 day to predict.
- I never claimed Gaga is "the only one with a pure sales decline". This entire nonsense over sales decline never came out of me. I argued that (not only) Dua Lipa is outselling & outperforming Gaga at this very moment/lately/for a while, and that Gaga has had a general decline in any measure of sales, especially considering lead singles of her last solo album and SL.
- TayTay, Ari, and some other popstars (which are outselling Gaga right now) are not suffering from such a general sales decline (my point), as they still pull in great SPS numbers for their lead singles, albums and whatever else matters. This because people had to laugh about my statement "Dua Lipa is a bigger/more popular/better selling artist right now than Gaga". ("Imagine thinking Dua is a bigger artist than Gaga", "You're so delusional if you think a Dua Lipa album could outsell a Gaga album")  And yes, people did deny that others are outselling Gaga right now.
- DSN definitely outperformed SL in the last three weeks, and in the last two weeks also outsold it. But sure, if you want to count pure sales only (and drag SL's pure debut sales along), it didn't sell more pure copies in the last 3 weeks. Happy?

Arturo

Your first claim is already a lie. You called my thread fake news and said she’d debut with 250k-300k. Then people had to tell you what “activity” means because before today you had no clue what that meant.

See ya

GipJo
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Your first claim is already a lie. You called my thread fake news and said she’d debut with 250k-300k. Then people had to tell you what “activity” means because before today you had no clue what that meant.

See ya

Sis you still going at it with him:ladyhaha:

Why bother educating uneducable.:huntyga:

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived