Right back at ya 

FYQRlX2.gif

End Racism Now

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
Just now, OooooooO said:

But compare a pop girl in her second era with a woman who is in 12 years of her career is fair.

YES! If anything it's not fair to Dua because Gaga is objective so much more famous.. 

Arturo
10 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Hate me all you want but SL ain't a hit and it won't be a hit.

Don't Start Now's chart run first 8 weeks: 30-46-42-37-42-42-42-52

That’s 254 Billboard points using their inverse methodology for the first 4 weeks.

Stupid Love has only been on the charts for 3 weeks but using its predicted #25 4th week position:

5-30-25-25*

Translates to 310 inverse Billboard points for the year-end chart. If SL and DSN came out on the same week, SL would be higher on the Billboard Year-End building chart at this point.

TortureMeOnReplay
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Their knowledge of production, lyricism..... not everyone knows that stuff and that's big majority

Although I admit there are "formulas" to what sounds good, I PERSONALLY don't believe in critics because who are they to tell the GP what sounds good? And there have been many times those critics have dragged albums to hell only for the GP to like them. But I do sincerely appreciate your input on why they are valuable.

Regina George
Just now, justhislife said:

Although I admit there are "formulas" to what sounds good, I PERSONALLY don't believe in critics because who are they to tell the GP what sounds good? And there have been many times those critics have dragged albums to hell only for the GP to like them. But I do sincerely appreciate your input on why they are valuable.

I didn't say there are formulas.. They just have better knowledge about production, mixing, etc.. They know if the production is good and professional, mixing, etc.. Regular people don't know that and can't tell the difference

6 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Funny, cause you said streams, not sales a moment ago. You really can't keep your **** straight dude. I wanna see DSN's first week sales. or streams. Either. Both. I don't think they were even relevant enough to be reported publicly.

Fine. Lead single overall performance then. Don't Start Now, even in 3 years from now, will have outsold Stupid Love tenfold. In the US, and worldwide. In streams, and in pure sales.

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I didn't say there are formulas.. They just have better knowledge about production, mixing, etc.. They know if the production is good and professional, mixing, etc.. Regular people don't know that and can't tell the difference

But there are formulas haha, psychological tidbits. There's a reason songs are so catchy (funny example being the way that Baby Shark song wants to keep you listening by having you expect a certain note and never getting it). And see, you really prove my point. Critics can be knowledgable about the topic of composition, but they do not necessarily speak for the general public, which is why I think we should take critics words with a grain of salt.

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Fine. Lead single overall performance then. Don't Start Now, even in 3 years from now, will have outsold Stupid Love tenfold. In the US, and worldwide. In streams, and in pure sales.

You want to speculate this based off absolutely nothing but refuse to believe FN will only sell 50,000 units based on provided data :ladyhaha:

Arturo
7 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Funny, cause you said streams, not sales a moment ago. You really can't keep your **** straight dude. I wanna see DSN's first week sales. or streams. Either. Both. I don't think they were even relevant enough to be reported publicly.

DSN debut week: #30

Sales: 14,000

Streams: 13.2 million streams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/8543290/dua-lipa-billboard-hot-100-dont-start-now

5 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Don't Start Now's chart run first 8 weeks: 30-46-42-37-42-42-42-52

That’s 254 Billboard points using their inverse methodology for the first 4 weeks.

Stupid Love has only been on the charts for 3 weeks but using its predicted #25 4th week position:

5-30-25-25*

Translates to 310 inverse Billboard points for the year-end chart. If SL and DSN came out on the same week, SL would be higher on the Billboard Year-End building chart at this point.

What kind of games are you trying to play? Inverse Billboard points and the year-end building chart? Predicted 4th week 25 position? Stick to the hot 100 please, for US sales. And please make a 14-week prediction ;).

Who cares about the first 4 weeks. DSN singlehandledly outsold SL's first three weeks last week sitting at #2. 

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, Arturo said:

I really wish BB would stop with the BB Pro bs. Thank you for the data though. Dua really sold like 8,800 physical/digital copies.

TWICE on hatius
22 minutes ago, Regina George said:

YES! If anything it's not fair to Dua because Gaga is objective so much more famous.. 

Tell your fraudulent peep stan stop comparing SL chart performance to DSN’s then. Stupid Love peaked at no.5, and a radio top 20 hit so it deservedly to be called a hit. Not to mention, this is Gaga 6th lead single, she has lost “new” factors. Unlike miss Dua, who’s a new pop girl and got all advantages to have a hit.

Yall want to kiss Dua’s 50k ass as much as y’all want but discredit Gaga’s success to lift Dua up is going to be met with lashing. I never hated Dua. As matter of fact, I do hope she will pull better than this. As long as y’all don’t bring that “Dua outselling Gaga bullshit” cause if it doesn’t make sense to compare them 10 years ago it won’t make sense to compare them now.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Arturo
5 minutes ago, Deagan said:

What kind of games are you trying to play? Inverse Billboard points and the year-end building chart? Predicted 4th week 25 position? Stick to the hot 100 please, for US sales. And please make a 14-week prediction ;).

Who cares about the first 4 weeks. DSN singlehandledly outsold SL's first three weeks last week sitting at #2. 

Ok I’ll just @ you on tomorrow when the official Hot 100 update is out I guess. I’ll also @ you when when HDD posts the full Top 20 predictions so you’ll feel like more of a dumbass. 

Also much like everything else you’ve been saying your claim that “DSN single handedly outsold SL’s first three weeks last week” is very much untrue.

Last week DSN sold 10,000 copies and had around 17 million US streams. It is sitting pretty with 130 million airplay which contributes to approximately 163 chart points.

1 minute ago, justhislife said:

I really wish BB would stop with the BB Pro bs. Thank you for the data though. Dua really sold like 8,800 physical/digital copies.

No no, then SL also sold less than 53k physical/digital copies. 

Anyway. Y'all wanna hang on a #5 debut with 53k sales and 20M US streams as a "hit" by Gaga... yet it is nowhere near the top 10 and, let's be fair, it won't ever get back up there. 

Arturo

The fact that every single post that user posted in here had incorrect numbers or false claims. And he also made that post about my thread being “fake news”. The pot calling the kettle black. Projection isn’t cute :heart: 

I could argue with numbers and facts all day though :heart: 

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived