Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo
1 minute ago, lgaga1fan said:

Exactly. Ironically, the only person that HDD usually predicts wrong is Gaga (Mainly Joanne and ASIB).

To be fair both of them were harder to predict because they both had promo during debut week that pumped the numbers up beyond what HDD was expecting based on the Friday numbers. Joanne was CPK and ASIB was of course, the movie which had audiences discovering it all week. 

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult

We thought Dula Peep was gonna be the next Ariana but turns out she’s just another Camila.  :air:

2 minutes ago, justhislife said:

I'm comparing debuts, if we wanna be fair here. If you wanna take some weak-ass metric (streams) and present it as the biggest factor to go by, you can be delusional about it. You're gonna be real quiet on the 7th of April when Dua's FN numbers come out and she couldn't even beat Gaga's C2C overall first week sales. ARTPOP did outsell DUA LIPA WW. And yes, Joanne was released after streaming took off. I can't tell you what its first week streaming sales are. If you want me to say when streaming took off, I'll be generous and say with the launch of Tidal :billie: that was before Apple Music came out.

Well good for you that you're comparing debuts as you feel the need to prove to me that Gaga has had a great career or something. But take it or leave it, Gaga right now isn't selling as much as the other pop girls are, which is fine. I don't really care about Dua Lipa's first week sales, but I find <50k impossible to believe.

Now what's interesting is who is going to be "real quiet" when Chromatica finally drops. SL sold 56000 first week. PI did 100.000. SPS. Let that sink in. Maybe instead brace for that, if you believe DL will do <50k, just imagine what Gaga will do.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
39 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I was hoping someone else could lol I wasn’t making an argument one way or another. I saw another source say she had the second highest first day album streams for a female this year (I’m assuming Halsey was the first). But if this is 6,000,000 streams for all 11 songs combined, that’s not too great. For comparison SL did that for one day streams of the song alone. 

Then there’s also this? So idk anymore lol 

LUO YI
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

We thought Dula Peep was gonna be the next Ariana but turns out she’s just another Camila.  :air:

I thought she wasn’t a thing in America until DSN :messga: How good were her numbers with her debut album in the US?

She’s doing great in her country anyways so Idc if she flops in the US (I think).

The night sky tells all

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Well good for you that you're comparing debuts as you feel the need to prove to me that Gaga has had a great career or something. But take it or leave it, Gaga right now isn't selling as much as the other pop girls are, which is fine. I don't really care about Dua Lipa's first week sales, but I find <50k impossible to believe.

Now what's interesting is who is going to be "real quiet" when Chromatica finally drops. SL sold 56000 first week. PI did 100.000. SPS. Let that sink in. Maybe instead brace for that, if you believe DL will do <50k, just imagine what Gaga will do.

That's why DSN took 16 weeks to get to the position SL debuted at. And Chromatica won't debut at less than 200k lol. Bookmark me.

TortureMeOnReplay
3 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

I thought she wasn’t a thing in America until DSN :messga: How good were her numbers with her debut album in the US?

She’s doing great in her country anyways so Idc if she flops in the US (I think).

Dua did well with a couple of songs from her debut album. Most notably New Rules.

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

She’s still arguably not a thing in the US. She’s had radio hits because her music is good and she does well on streaming but if we’re being honest, the US doesn’t give two sh*ts about her like they do for other new artists like Billie and Cardi. :messga:

6 minutes ago, justhislife said:

That's why DSN took 16 weeks to get to the position SL debuted at. And Chromatica won't debut at less than 200k lol. Bookmark me.

DSN has been on the hot 100 for 14 weeks and is currently sitting at #3 after #2 last week, selling more after a year of being released than Stupid Love ever could. SL ain't going top 10 again and you know it.

Easy to rely on Gaga's massive fanbase for US first week album sales, yet Gaga is nowhere close to how popular she was when ASIB dropped with 230k SPS first week, with Bradley Cooper dragging her to every red carpet in the world. Your 200k prediction, ok, let's see.  

ladygagafan1234
3 hours ago, Deagan said:

Anyone thinking Gaga has more momentum than Dua Lipa right now.. that's laughable.

Imagine thinking that

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, Deagan said:

DSN has been on the hot 100 for 14 weeks and is currently sitting at #3 after #2 last week, selling more after a year of being released than Stupid Love ever could. SL ain't going top 10 again and you know it.

Easy to rely on Gaga's massive fanbase for US first week album sales, yet Gaga is nowhere close to how popular she was when ASIB dropped with 230k SPS first week, with Bradley Cooper dragging her to every red carpet in the world. Your 200k prediction, ok, let's see.  

DSN was sitting in the 30s and 40s on the BB Hot 100 for around 3 months before it made significant movement. You don't like Stupid Love so you dismiss it doing anywhere as good as DSN simply over your opinion of it. Gaga is more popular than she was during Joanne, and it did 201k. In a album genre she isn't known for. Please bookmark me on the 200k debut though.

lgaga1fan
27 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Then there’s also this? So idk anymore lol 

We're talking about US numbers. FN is gonna make waves in European countries, but isn't gonna debut very high here in the U.S. It's not that DSN isn't a massive hit, it's that Dua isn't an American artist and doesn't have a strong enough fanbase yet to justify debuting as high as some users in here are predicting.

Just now, justhislife said:

DSN was sitting in the 30s and 40s on the BB Hot 100 for around 3 months before it made significant movement. You don't like Stupid Love so you dismiss it doing anywhere as good as DSN simply over your opinion of it. Gaga is more popular than she was during Joanne, and it did 201k. In a album genre she isn't known for. Please bookmark me on the 200k debut though.

There's nothing wrong with a sleeper hit that goes on to be a super long lasting megahit. Gaga is more popular now than she was during Joanne? Really? Tell me, how did SL not even sell 60% of what PI did in its first week?

Then, are you arguing in my place that SL is just a really really bad song despite Gaga being "more popular than ever"? Ok Cool. 200k bookmarked.

OT: 75k SPS at least. Prolly still 100k first week. Bookmark me.

lgaga1fan
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

There's nothing wrong with a sleeper hit that goes on to be a super long lasting megahit. Gaga is more popular now than she was during Joanne? Really? Tell me, how did SL not even sell 60% of what PI did in its first week?

Then, are you arguing in my place that SL is just a really really bad song despite Gaga being "more popular than ever"? Ok Cool. 200k bookmarked.

OT: 75k SPS at least. Prolly still 100k first week. Bookmark me.

Gaga is outdoing the biggest artists arena numbers in a theater in Las Vegas. You're pretty delusional if you think that Dua Lipa is a bigger artist than Lady ****ing Gaga. Stupid Love got dropped at the beginning of a worldwide pandemic and leaked a month prior to release, so there is next to no point comparing it to Don't Start Now, which released in October and is being fueled majorly by Tik Tok and being spammed on radio. Stop melting down and accept the fact that Dua isn't even close to as big as Lady Gaga in the U.S. 

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived