Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, Economy said:

New Rules wasn't her first big hit?

Nope - Be The One. Don't forget No Lie. New Rules exploded though.

So these predictions don't make sense. The album dropped yesterday. Of course The Weeknd is #1 coming week, but DL is gon do very well the chart week after.. Definitely not 50k. Maybe 50k in one day...

For everyone saying this is a sign Gaga postponing chromatica is a good idea, don't even expect Gaga to outsell Dua Lipa, now or in december (that's the idea right?), especially after the non-hit that is Stupid Love.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Nope - Be The One. Don't forget No Lie. New Rules exploded though.

So these predictions don't make sense. The album dropped yesterday. Of course The Weeknd is #1 coming week, but DL is gon do very well the chart week after.. Definitely not 50k. Maybe 50k in one day...

For everyone saying this is a sign Gaga postponing chromatica is a good idea, don't even expect Gaga to outsell Dua Lipa, now or in december (that's the idea right?), especially after the non-hit that is Stupid Love.

Rip

Either way she's not completely brand new. So... I expected more

FfFfFfFF
3 hours ago, storminthedark said:

They didn't include her in the article with 5SOS because they've already predicted her in her own article lmao, she's predicted to 250-300k. All they said was that 5SOS and Pearl Jam are among the top debuts of the week, not that they are the top debuts.

"Warner’s Dua Lipa has dropped her highly anticipated sophomore album, Future Nostalgia, a week earlier than expected on 3/27. With hit single "Don't Start Now" notching over 200m streams pre-release, expect the album to be at 250-300k in activity to date after its first week"

That's the number Don't Start Now, the other singles AND the album are going to add up to and that's only what count for certifications. The Billboard number is estimated to be less than 50k as you can see.

venusfly
27 minutes ago, Economy said:

New Rules wasn't her first big hit?

New Rules smashed all over the world except the US. It had a cute little chart peak there and moved on, they slept on her until DSN :messga:

10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Rip

Either way she's not completely brand new. So... I expected more

For 1 day? The hell? 

Economy
7 minutes ago, Deagan said:

For 1 day? The hell? 

This is for one day?

Nvm then. Why is everyone talking like this then?

KingRedd

Sucks for her. Sad moment. Still a great album 

what’s funny is the same people in their feelings about people having a laugh about these sales are the same people who call other artist “overrated, Flops” and capitalize on the misfortune of their lower sales*Katy...Beyonce....* 

The feeling sucks huh 🤔 

flavor of love wtf GIF

May I Read You? 😎

Vitleysingur
6 minutes ago, BlueBoy1998 said:

Too bad schools are all closed now. Imagine being this pathetic when you are 22 :billie:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Stephen
32 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

New Rules smashed all over the world except the US. It had a cute little chart peak there and moved on, they slept on her until DSN :messga:

No it was a hit here! It wasn't a #1 smash but it was definitely widely known, played in the clubs, played on the radio etc. It took longer for it catch on here but once it did, it had pretty good longevity. 

Also One Kiss + Electricity were minor/moderate hits IIRC.

MessyTop
10 minutes ago, BlueBoy1998 said:

No!! Why can’t we Love both do them?

why pinned women against each other?

FL is an amazing album and I’m sure Chromatica will be to. Enough with the pop wars. That’s not what we need right now 

Levine
47 minutes ago, Deagan said:

don't even expect Gaga to outsell Dua Lipa, now or in december (that's the idea right?), especially after the non-hit that is Stupid Love.

Aahahaha I love this cabaret

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived