music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, justhislife said:

Bruh, you said Album Equivalent Units. Which is streaming AND everything else together. Not just streaming. Do you even know the definitions of the terminology you're using? First RIAA and then Album Equivalent Units? 

EAS from STREAMING what the hell. You can only have equivalent album sales if you translate them from another measure. Did Dua Lipa's debut outsell (SPS) Gaga's Joanne and Cheek to Cheek? 

Anyhow, I keep coming back to the same point: Dua Lipa, in this day and age, is perfectly able to outsell Gaga.

FutureNostalgia
2 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Joanne has sold more than 2 million worldwide lmao 

Dua's debut sold 4 Million Worldwide

Arturo
2 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

1. Jesus, have you ever read HDD prediction beside this week in your life.

This happens all the time with people’s faves. No respect for the charts and facts on any regular day but when it’s their faves album release week suddenly everyone is Keith Caulfield from Billboard.

Effiekat
3 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

For the record, I'm just all around confused with these Dua/Gaga comparisons. 

It seems like we should be comparing Dua to girls like Halsey or Camilla or someone similar. Though no comparison is really necessary...

Gaga is 34, has been at this for over a decade, and has been releasing some borderline rock/country albums for the last 4 plus years. Dua and Gaga are not in the same league and I don't even think she's trying to be. 

Yeah, also that.

Gaga is already an Icon and a Legend, she's only still putting herself into the ring because she wants to, not because she has to.

Like, Gaga could pull a Rihanna right now and just focus on her beauty collection and the gays would still stan.

ALGAYDO

@Deagan sis just take a nap or go for a walk and chill. You’re literally embarrassing yourself so much. And that’s sad considering this is an irrelevant lady Gaga fan site where 90% people are only here because they’re bored. Dua is doing terrible in the US, that sucks, but she’s slaying every other country. Try to be happy about that instead of being deluded about the charts lol  

TWICE on hatius

But I’m rooting for FN to do more than 50k so this user can shut the **** up. Stream levitating ladies.  

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Arturo
3 minutes ago, FutureNostalgia said:

Dua's debut sold 4 Million Worldwide

Personally, I don’t see the point in comparing Gaga to Dua. But like with every other artist fans who gets brave, you are aware of the glaring fact that Dua Lipa’s self titled “sold” that many units once factoring the 5 late additions of:

One Kiss, Electricity, Kiss And Me Up, Scared to Be Lonely, and No Lie on the so called “Complete Edition”

Add The Cure and Shallow to Joanne the Complete Edition, aka do the same by adding songs that were never meant for the album, and Joanne will have sold 4 million units too.

2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

This happens all the time with people’s faves. No respect for the charts and facts on any regular day but when it’s their faves album release week suddenly everyone is Keith Caulfield from Billboard.

Kesha is my fav. I predict Dua Lipa will do 100k SPS. Can't tell me Dua Lipa would sell as much in a first week as Kesha (45k) right now. Just taking a look at the #streams per song on the album after one day... With DSN Physical and her new single BMH? Impossible... unless she really can't sell 30k pure. Really? 

Arturo
1 minute ago, Deagan said:

Kesha is my fav. I predict Dua Lipa will do 100k SPS. Can't tell me Dua Lipa would sell as much in a first week as Kesha (45k) right now. Just taking a look at the #streams per song on the album after one day... With DSN Physical and her new single BMH? Impossible... unless she really can't sell 30k pure. Really? 

So did I, I predicted 98k in the charts thread. But HDD has spoken. They’re not going to have a 100% error. They hardly even have 25% errors.

Regina George
11 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Can we have comparison with others who released this year?

TortureMeOnReplay
7 minutes ago, Deagan said:

EAS from STREAMING what the hell. You can only have equivalent album sales if you translate them from another measure. Did Dua Lipa's debut outsell (SPS) Gaga's Joanne and Cheek to Cheek? 

Anyhow, I keep coming back to the same point: Dua Lipa, in this day and age, is perfectly able to outsell Gaga.

You SAID album equivalent units. I quoted you on it. It's documented on the site. Don't try to change it now. BUT, if we went by streaming comparisons, sure Dua Lipa's pop album debut out-streamed Gaga's jazz and country/soft-rock albums. How is that even a fair comparison? How many Jazz fans regularly stream? Neither of those albums are pop albums, and neither had the radio play that Dua had. On top of that, are we gonna ignore the fact that Dua released her complete debut as a deluxe version a year later with 25 tracks vs 15 on C2C and 14 on Joanne? Dua ALSO added Electricity, Scared to be Lonely, and One Kiss as part of the deluxe. 

7 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

@Deagan sis just take a nap or go for a walk and chill. You’re literally embarrassing yourself so much. And that’s sad considering this is an irrelevant lady Gaga fan site where 90% people are only here because they’re bored. Dua is doing terrible in the US, that sucks, but she’s slaying every other country. Try to be happy about that instead of being deluded about the charts lol  

Call me deluded all you want, got anything else to mention? I don't feel embarrassed one bit for refusing to believe DL will sell <50k in the first week. 

2 minutes ago, justhislife said:

You SAID album equivalent units. I quoted you on it. It's documented on the site. Don't try to change it now. BUT, if we went by streaming comparisons, sure Dua Lipa's pop album debut out-streamed Gaga's jazz and country/soft-rock albums. How is that even a fair comparison? How many Jazz fans regularly stream? Neither of those albums are pop albums, and neither had the radio play that Dua had. On top of that, are we gonna ignore the fact that Dua released her complete debut as a deluxe version a year later with 25 tracks vs 15 on C2C and 14 on Joanne? Dua ALSO added Electricity, Scared to be Lonely, and One Kiss as part of the deluxe. 

YES with it being very clear that we were comparing units FROM streaming. Totally fair comparison was made. 

Shallow's streaming numbers won't save Gaga in this comparison though, cuz if you count her complete deluxe and consider those 7m+ streaming equivalent album units, she also outsold ASIB and ARTPOP in her "first era". 

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived