💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua Lipa served what Gaga lacked

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Genuine Guy 09

Stupid Love is going to be that b*tch. Becoming the sleeper hit of 2020. 

Stay pressedT

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
plasticalice
3 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

The fact that she thinks Stupid Love is the best song on the album worries me the most because it shows how out of touch and oblivious her and her team are.

Well, it being song of the century and the modern day Thriller...I can understand why she says this

BleepBloop
Just now, SHALLOW said:

She never said that tho

I think she did say that in the Paper Magazine interview... Or not?

Bobbins
Just now, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Stupid Love is going to be that b*tch. Becoming the sleeper hit of 2020. 

Stay pressedT

Listen sweetie I want that to happen as well but looking at it realistically it won't. I had to FORCE myself to stream it because I certainly didn't feel like listening to it out of my own volition. 

Didymus
Just now, Sneaky said:

I think she did say that in the Paper Magazine interview... Or not?

She says that every time she has a single smh. She even said Yoü and I was her favorite song ever when she was promoting that :smh:

dynamite
2 minutes ago, chromaticatrack1 said:

Well, it being song of the century and the modern day Thriller...I can understand why she says this

An overstatement if I ever saw one :messga:

MonsterofFame

I agree with you, OP. I realized a few years ago that most of my being a Gaga fan and loyalty is because of who she is as a person, not because of her music anymore.

Stupid Love was great for a few days, but I always skip over it in my music now. Like you said, it's too loud and overproduced. Hearing the Babylon snippet made me lose a lot of faith in the album -- I'm considerably less excited for it now.

I still love Gaga, will listen to her music and follow her art, but I won't go around acting like her music is revolutionary pop anymore. It's just not.

Bobbins
2 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

She never said that tho :triggered:

but i do agree SL just ain’t it :huntyga:

also, you mentioned some fails but sis, did you forget about ASIB? :ohwell: last year was a GREAT time to be a Gaga stan

I would prefer her to go back to the ASIB/ballad sound if SL and Babylon are a reflection of what's to come. Always Remember Us This Way could've been a huge hit and is one of the best ballads of this century. Adele wishes. That sound is also clearly what the GP wants from her. 

Regina George
Just now, Didymus said:

Dude. Future Nostalgia is not that good. It's well produced, yes, but it's more branding than anything else. If Katy (or even Gaga) released that exact same album it wouldn't be praised as much. The songs aren't that great on their own composition wise. Dua just has a massive momentum rn and that's selling the cakes for her. She has this effortless, unprovocative, easygoing vibe around her and people are more in love with that feeling surrounding her than the actual music. It's a trick. And it'll get old.

Anyway, if she's serving what Gaga isn't serving, then by all means, leave.

Sorry but everything about this is false. Dua actually deserved the praise she's getting with this album. Girl worked her ass of for people to know who she is and to appreciate her. You think this praise is here just because she's giving out the effortless vibe? C'mon now. She was performing every single week when DSN was released, she released at least 2 videos for every single, she did every interview possible.. Sorry but that is not effortless. It's not a trick and it won't get old because she is actually working hard on her music and for her music. Pop stars now don't do it like that anymore. 

Magui

Wasn't it better for people just burn the stan card (whatever that means) already. Go and stan whom you want. There's literally dozens of great artists. Just leave Gaga. Appreciate the years you enjoyed her and leave with that. 

geusst1235

You're tired of Gaga's ego? Sorry, but what exactly has she been doing that has been egotistical?

Also your dislike for Stupid Love is fine as it is simply an opinion (one that you continuously make similar threads about though, for no reason), however like it or not the song is her most successful solo single in years.

Genuine Guy 09
3 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Listen sweetie I want that to happen as well but looking at it realistically it won't. I had to FORCE myself to stream it because I certainly didn't feel like listening to it out of my own volition. 

You don't like the song that's fair enough I've also been a Stan since age 13 and I didn't like the song at first until after she dropped the MV. It's a grower. We don't have to like everything she does but she's served us a gaga esque bop. People will like it people won't. I didn't like the wound of babylon. Others do. 

It doesn't mean she's over and like I say SL is doing well on radio and actually making gains in streams the past 3 days. She's growing into her own right of a hit :coffee:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

MonsterofFame
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

Sorry but everything about this is false. Dua actually deserved the praise she's getting with this album. Girl worked her ass of for people to know who she is and to appreciate her. You think this praise is here just because she's giving out the effortless vibe? C'mon now. She was performing every single week when DSN was released, she released at least 2 videos for every single, she did every interview possible.. Sorry but that is not effortless. It's not a trick and it won't get old because she is actually working hard on her music and for her music. Pop stars now don't do it like that anymore. 

All of that is great, but the biggest reason is that the music was really good, and delivered what many of us have wanted in pop for a while.

It's smooth, refreshing, and catchy.

Effiekat

Why cant you guys enjoy Dua without putting down Gaga?

Dua is great and she's doing her own thing, theres no reason to bring Gaga into this.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived