💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sold Out Shows

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StefJAGermanotta

Why can't everybody here simply leave the Latin America Tour discussions in the previous year? Why is everybody milking that?

Gaga played for more than 341,000 people during 12 concerts, scoring over $26,151,100. Considering she went there with concert for the very first time. It's amazing! What da duck is wrong with that?

The problem of many people here is that as they view how Gaga's image as a megapop superstar is being established in the USA+UK+EU many people start to get tricked by that image and believe that she can sell out dozens of stadiums in one city by just stepping out of the airport in the land she has never even been before. F*CK NO.

Selling tickets for a show is a hard job. You need to be loyal towards your artistry and yet manage to attract casual music fans and general public to see your show, 'cause the core fanbase is never enough to fill the big venues. And probably you also need to generate enough media buzz just to get the publicity to inform people you are having a show.

It's not OK to take for granted her huge stadium gigs. And we should be happy for every single ticket sold for the show, and for every single person that comes to see the concert, 'cause it meas Gaga's music, performance and artistry is getting a unique possibility to touch the hearts and souls of those who came to see the show, she gets the chance to make dem good impression and gain some new fans and casual fans!

Considering that, 341,000 people who got the chance to see her show across one continent, see her performing on that stage - it's a cool accomplishment. We all know she has never been to South America with concerts, people have not seen her as a performer and this leg was a test for her and her team. Don't forget that her show is very heavily concentrated on the latest album, which was more "hardcore fans oriented" and sometimes hard to understand for the general public. So I think they have passed the test with B grade.

See, I'm not searching the excuses for the fact that financially it performed a little weaker than EU, Asia and Oceania. I just want people to start to look at Gaga realistically and mind the fact that this is a young girl with just 3 albums, and that she is not yet formed already as an international super-touring force. With this tour, however, she has been to countries she has never visited before, got great reviews from both viewers and critics and, hopefully, got the ground ready for even bigger and better tour. Also mind that very few of her contemporaries are believed to reach the same touring/ticket selling power within the nearest time, so it's reasonable to admire what she's done with this tour.

As of now, she already has touring experience in Oceania, East and South-East Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South Africa, South America, Caribbeans and North America. This gives her huge opportunities while planning and organizing the next tour (although there are still some territories left like Middle East and India). Don't get too bothered with the financial numbers, she's already projected to be the second solo artist in the history of modern music industry to place 2 back-to-back $200 M grossing tours. Her art+music are worth enjoying and a--lyzing way more than the cash numbers.

:worship: Uh oh, you snatched everyone's wig and weave to the hair roots including mine!

It helped Gaga and management to know what the demand is, so perhaps they won't price the tickets so high in South America. So with more competitive prices for ARTPOP tour, she may very well sell out S. America and bring in amazing numbers of sold out shows. She's gotten a clear reputation now of being an amazing show artist and performer (media outlets were all positive), so now with credibility thanks to BTW ball, she'll conquer S. America on the next tour.

Also, I want to see Gaga in China if possible (her music was banned by the government though) and especially India. Even at a loss, if she can get her name out in these two countries, she's going to have impossible numbers so it only makes sense to invest in these two countries. It will pay back in a thousandfold plus. I still have no idea why no one is trying to tap India, for crying out loud. It's a huge market and they love the theatrics and drama of a great pop artist and the government is not restrictive like China.

So, she should sell rather cheap tickets in India, perhaps staying for two weeks with three shows and appearing on TV during her stay. I say two weeks so the team can soak up the culture of India and do more specific marketing for India in the future. Also, India is VERY loyal and would be impressed that Gaga spent so much time with them.

Edited by StefJAGermanotta

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhonyguy04

• TheMadridHash

• Got Dynamite

hell0samuel

She's not Rihanna is the most downloaded artist,Most liked on facebook,Most views on youtube and her next tour is bigger than the Born This Way Ball in the UK,Madonna does better critically and Commercially and doesn't have to give tickets for 70% off...Madonna charges what she does because she can! She is valued higher so people are willing to pay more.

MANY of the dates have NOT lived up to the expectations of live nation hence why they had to add promotion deals and move venues,Just look at Mexico 3 sold out Stadium dates last time and one 80% full one this time

Gagas tour in the Uk was for whatever reason very short, she could have done at least another like 1/2 dates in Manchester and then another stadium in scotland or wales. the demand was there but whoever decided the dates didnt do a good job imo. Rihanna is not a WW artist, she could not go to Asia and get 67m in 16 dates. I'm talking about being world wide here not a europe and north america artist.

Gaga has only moved a few venues, one was due to a football match i believe and on in North america was to a bigger venue. and m gave away free tickets in latin america...

bumblebee

She's not Rihanna is the most downloaded artist,Most liked on facebook,Most views on youtube and her next tour is bigger than the Born This Way Ball in the UK,Madonna does better critically and Commercially and doesn't have to give tickets for 70% off...Madonna charges what she does because she can! She is valued higher so people are willing to pay more.

MANY of the dates have NOT lived up to the expectations of live nation hence why they had to add promotion deals and move venues,Just look at Mexico 3 sold out Stadium dates last time and one 80% full one this time

Name at least one Rihanna album to top The Fame sales in the USA, name at least one Rihanna tour to top the Monster Ball gross. Eh? Name at least one Rihanna song to top Poker Face digital sales. Call me back when you come up with it )

Edited by supersergaz

Gagas tour in the Uk was for whatever reason very short, she could have done at least another like 1/2 dates in Manchester and then another stadium in scotland or wales. the demand was there but whoever decided the dates didnt do a good job imo. Rihanna is not a WW artist, she could not go to Asia and get 67m in 16 dates. I'm talking about being world wide here not a europe and north america artist.

Gaga has only moved a few venues, one was due to a football match i believe and on in North america was to a bigger venue. and m gave away free tickets in latin america...

I'question that,MEN Arena is the biggest in Europe and had a 15,000 attendance,I don't know if it sold out

Nothing was moved due to a football she moved from a stadium to a square no reason give,Says who? look at the attendance records,You can tell me she gave away every ticket if you want it has no proof this does though

Madonna Lady Gaga

$14,741,104 in Columbia $2,465,994 in Columbia

$11,686,754 in Mexico $2,666,769 in Mexico

hell0samuel

I'question that,MEN Arena is the biggest in Europe and had a 15,000 attendance,I don't know if it sold out

Nothing was moved due to a football she moved from a stadium to a square no reason give,Says who? look at the attendance records,You can tell me she gave away every ticket if you want it has no proof this does though

Madonna Lady Gaga

$14,741,104 in Columbia $2,465,994 in Columbia

$11,686,754 in Mexico $2,666,769 in Mexico

yes MEN is biggest or whatever, yes it did still out, yes she could have easily added another 1 or 2 dates. & some other dates across UK.

yes it was due to a football match the next day or whatever, she still got like 29,000 or whatever for that date so its not like it was a flop.

yes madonna did give away a selection of free tickets, they dont reflect in numbers because high ticket prices benefit for the free tickets.

& about your last post Madonna does not do better critically - consistent bad press surrounding the entire mdna album and tour - late to stage, poor performance, rude to fans, poor album sales, poor album etc etc.

your starting to bore me now, youre the same as every madonna fan out there. if you dislike gaga so much or whatever then why are you here?

bumblebee

<p>

<br />

I&#39;question that,MEN Arena is the biggest in Europe and had a 15,000 attendance,I don&#39;t know if it sold out<br />

Nothing was moved due to a football she moved from a stadium to a square no reason give,Says who? look at the attendance records,You can tell me she gave away every ticket if you want it has no proof this does though<br />

Madonna Â Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Lady Gaga<br />

$14,741,104 in Columbia Â Ã‚ Ã‚  $2,465,994 in Columbia<br />

$11,686,754 in Mexico Â Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚  $2,666,769 in Mexico<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

I loudly applaud those huge numbers, but please tell me why and for what reason Madonna is selling less tickets with even more dates than her Sticky and Sweet tour?<br />

I am not trying to shade Miss/Missis Madonna in any way, <strong>but face the fact: </strong>she is playing 88 dates now comparing to 85 during S&amp;S tour, sells<em><strong> 40,5% LESS TICKETS</strong></em> compared to her previous tour, and <em><strong>her cash flows also drop 27%. </strong></em><br />

Lady Gaga ticket sales <em><strong>in the worst scenario</strong></em> possible will drop <em>18 %</em>, and cash (also the worst scenario) will drop just <em><strong>11%. Â </strong></em><br />

<br />

Madonna                                                                    Lady Gaga<br />

40% less tickets sold compared to her previous tour     18% less tickets sold comparing to her previous tour<br />

27% gross drop from previous tour                                11% gross%2

Edited by supersergaz

hell0samuel

<p><br />

<br />

<br />

I loudly applaud those huge numbers, but please tell me why and for what reason Madonna is selling less tickets with even more dates than her Sticky and Sweet tour?<br />

I am not trying to shade Miss/Missis Madonna in any way, <strong>but face the fact: </strong>she is playing 88 dates now comparing to 85 during S&amp;S tour, sells<em><strong> 40,5% LESS TICKETS</strong></em> compared to her previous tour, and <em><strong>her cash flows also drop 27%. </strong></em><br />

Lady Gaga ticket sales <em><strong>in the worst scenario</strong></em> possible will drop <em>18 %</em>, and cash (also the worst scenario) will drop just <em><strong>11%. </strong></em><br />

<br />

Madonna Lady Gaga<br />

40% less tickets sold compared to her previous tour 18% less tickets sold comparing to her previous tour<br />

27% gross drop from previous tour 11% gross%2

:worship:

Name at least one Rihanna album to top The Fame sales in the USA, name at least one Rihanna tour to top the Monster Ball gross. Eh? Name at least one Rihanna song to top Poker Face digital sales. Call me back when you come up with it )

Ok

Good Girl Gone Bad 7,000,000 Copies

Loud 5,700,000 Copies

Stade De France SOLD OUT within a few weeks (Gaga's was 70% off)

Top Selling digital artist of all time

This ain't 2010 any more Gaga has been passed out on most of her past glory moments

second biggest selling female singles artist of all time (UK)

The level she is now at is incredible and growing fast as a touring act compared to when she was just considered a singles artist

bumblebee

Ok

Loud 5,700,000 Copies

This ain't 2010 any more Gaga has been passed out on most of her past glory moments

The level she is now at is incredible and growing fast as a touring act compared to when she was just considered a singles artist

Could you post a link to the RIAA where the Good Girl Gone Bad is awarded 7 times platinum certification in the USA? :nacho:

<p><br />

<br />

<br />

Lady Gaga ticket sales <em><strong>in the worst scenario</strong></em> possible will drop <em>18 %</em>, and cash (also the worst scenario) will drop just <em><strong>11%. Â </strong></em><br />

<br />

Madonna                                                                    Lady Gaga<br />

40% less tickets sold compared to her previous tour     18% less tickets sold comparing to her previous tour<br />

27% gross drop from previous tour                                11% gross%2

She will hardly be able to top the level of the last tour straight away,Gaga couldn't even top her 3 year tour and lastly what are your figures based on because not all the dates are out yet?

Could you post a link to the RIAA where the Good Girl Gone Bad is awarded 7 times platinum certification in the USA? :nacho:

I'm sure you know hot to Google,She's long passed out Gaga on Facebook,Youtube etc Gaga was the top selling digital artist until last December when Ri-Ri passed her

bumblebee

I'm sure you know hot to Google,She's long passed out Gaga on Facebook,Youtube etc Gaga was the top selling digital artist until last December when Ri-Ri passed her

Anyways, take a minute of your precious time and post the link to the RIAA where the 7 times platinum certification of the Good Girl Gone Bad is registered, so that we all know you're a reliable and objective user who is interested in the reasonable discussion, not just a blind and delusional troll.

Then, actually, the tour. Or tours.

Firstly, Madonna failed to top her previous tour gross, ticket sales, and you can't just say "she will be hardly ever to top the level of the last tour straight away". It's a serious fact which is pointing at some complicated problems.

We all have witnessed the commercial performance of the MDNA album (Lord, forgive for even mentioning this title), with the best single peaking at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. So it was just a prove that the core Madonna fanbase left from the best times isn't able so secure even a 1,000,000 copies of her album being shipped in her native country. Which, basically, means her album-single sales power is already left in the past and witnessed its peak.

Now, her new tour, one of the biggest (date-wise) tours she has ever done is witnessing a 40% drop in the ticket sales, and a 27% less cash flow from all the concerts, although she is having 88 f*cking dates instead of 85 with S&S tour. Why are there 1,400,000 less tickets sold when she is playing more gigs? What happened to that? Not a thousand, not dozen of thousands, but 1,400,000 LESS TICKETS.it Does it mean that her touring power is now also left in the past, peaking in 2009? Ouch. And you can't say here that she is selling 1,400,000 less tickets 'cause she is playing less concerts, as she even increased the number of shows compared to her previous tour!

Now Gaga. Gaga is doing her first proper worldwide tour which is covering all the continents except Icy Land. She is playing 80 less dates compared to the Monster Ball Tour, seeing 18% less tickets sold (this projection is based on the prediction that her every show in North America attracts not more than 12,000 people) and watches her cash flows drop just 11%. Well, well, well. What's wrong here? I don't actually know. We can just say that 11% cash drop may be partly explained by the fact there are 80 less dates in this tour compared to her previous one? Or that her average ticket price is lower than somebody's (guess whose).

Call me back when anybody of her contemporaries places two back-to-back $200 M grossing tours. I believe Coldplay would do, but they are a bit older than Gaga (they are active from 1996). I love Rihanna but please do note Gaga didn't need to bring one of the most famous DJs of the planet with her to sell out Stade de France.

And, finally. Madonna achieved the $200 M gross for the first time with her Confessions Tour in 2006, when she was already 27 years in the business. Gaga did a $227M grossing tour when just 3 years passed since her debut album being released.

hell0samuel

Anyways, take a minute of your precious time and post the link to the RIAA where the 7 times platinum certification of the Good Girl Gone Bad is registered, so that we all know you're a reliable and objective user who is interested in the reasonable discussion, not just a blind and delusional troll.

Firstly, Madonna failed to top her previous tour gross, ticket sales, and you can't just say "she will be hardly ever to top the level of the last tour straight away". It's a serious fact which is pointing at some complicated problems.

We all have witnessed the commercial performance of the MDNA album (Lord, forgive for even mentioning this title), with the best single peaking at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. So it was just a prove that the core Madonna fanbase left from the best times isn't able so secure even a 1,000,000 copies of her album being shipped in her native country. Which, basically, means her album-single sales power is already left in the past and witnessed its peak.

Now, her new tour, one of the biggest (date-wise) tours she has ever done is witnessing a 40% drop in the ticket sales, and a 27% less cash flow from all the concerts, although she is having 88 f*cking dates instead of 85 with S&S tour. Why are there 1,400,000 less tickets sold when she is playing more gigs? What happened to that? Not a thousand, not dozen of thousands, but 1,400,000 LESS TICKETS.it Does it mean that her touring power is now also left in the past, peaking in 2009? Ouch. And you can't say here that she is selling 1,400,000 less tickets 'cause she is playing less concerts, as she even increased the number of shows compared to her previous tour!

Now Gaga. Gaga is doing her first proper worldwide tour which is covering all the continents except Icy Land. She is playing 80 less dates compared to the Monster Ball Tour, seeing 18% less tickets sold (this projection is based on the prediction that her every show in North America attracts not more than 12,000 people) and watches her cash flows drop just 11%. Well, well, well. What's wrong here? I don't actually know. We can just say that 11% cash drop may be partly explained by the fact there are 80 less dates in this tour compared to her previous one? Or that her average ticket price is lower than somebody's (guess whose).

Call me back when anybody of her contemporaries places two back-to-back $200 M grossing tours. I believe Coldplay would do, but they are a bit older than Gaga (they are active from 1996). I love Rihanna but please do note Gaga didn't need to bring one of the most famous DJs of the planet with her to sell out Stade de France.

And, finally. Madonna achieved the $200 M gross for the first time with her Confessions Tour in 2006, when she was already 27 years in the business. Gaga did a $227M grossing tour when just 3 years passed since her debut album being released.

just. so. beautiful. :cry:

every word :worship: :worship: :worship:

msclairvoyant

TBH, that person is probably a troll and I would just give up. These people need to be banned on the spot, imo.

Ok

Loud 5,700,000 Copies

Rihanna was around for 7 seven years, please... And she can't even manage to sell the national stadium of France 2 times... and she's already boring to people... can I dare to ask you why she finally was able to reach the #1 on BB?! She tried so hard to top BB with Diamonds... Please, if you're trying to drag Gaga down, please, talk about someone that has outsold Gaga, has more awards than Gaga, has more than 2 tours that grossed more than 200 MIL $, someone that was able to sell stadiums out only 4 years after being in the industry, someone that was more critically acclaimed than Gaga, etc. And if you keep on spamming this thread effortlessly because you have nothing better to do, I'll have to report you because this is getting ridiculous. If you think Gaga is that untalented and incapable to be in the music industry then I suggest you to go to Exhale, ATRL or every other forum you can bash Gaga for what she really is.

Edited by joe71941