Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sold Out Shows

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Guys where are these numbers coming from? If they are real I will be so Annoyed how the hell could she make under 1.2m in Capetown that's less than Milan!?!?!?

Exactly. I am highly doubtful of these figures. She apparently played to a sold out show of 45,000 in Cape Town (or thereabouts) and with the MB, she did three gigs as the MEN arena is Manchester for 40,300 people altogether and she made just over $3 million from that. And that was back when her tickets were amazingly cheap (seriously, tickets were roughly $56 in the UK at the time because she wasn't the big artist she is today). So, she played to just over 40,000 and made $3 million nearly three years ago but and she played for 45,000 in a stadium (where prices are automatically higher) and only made less than $1.2 million or thereabouts? Something's not right here. Like you said, that's less money than she made playing for a 10,753 crowd in an arena! She did not have price reductions that severe. She didn't need to - the tour was exceeding expectations in Africa at full price.

EDIT: The update has been removed from Wikipedia's article about the BTWB. Hopefully this is a sign that misinformation was indeed present.

Edited by StrawberryBlond

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhonyguy04

• TheMadridHash

• Got Dynamite

TheMadridHash

Exactly. I am highly doubtful of these figures. She apparently played to a sold out show of 45,000 in Cape Town (or thereabouts) and with the MB, she did three gigs as the MEN arena is Manchester for 40,300 people altogether and she made just over $3 million from that. And that was back when her tickets were amazingly cheap (seriously, tickets were roughly $56 in the UK at the time because she wasn't the big artist she is today). So, she played to just over 40,000 and made $3 million nearly three years ago but and she played for 45,000 million in a stadium (where prices are automatically higher) and only made less than $1.2 million or thereabouts? Something's not right here. Like you said, that's less money than she made playing for a 10,753 crowd in an arena! She did not have price reductions that severe. She didn't need to - the tour was exceeding expectations in Africa at full price.

EDIT: The update has been removed from Wikipedia's article about the BTWB. Hopefully this is a sign that misinformation was indeed present.

i think she should have grossed around 2.5-3M from Cape Town show and 4M or so from Johannesburg show, ticket prices were not reduced or anything but they were not expensive either

I also doubt those numbers are correct

but I have a theory and it is amazing for me,I am 100% sure that the average gross of each dates will be of 2.5 millions

2.5 millions X 119 dates= 297,500,000$ :excited2:

and also notice how she grossed like 40 millions with latin, south african and european dates (17 dates) and if you calculate (according to the source)

2.5 millions x 17= 42,500,000 :redface:

maybe my predictions are real :worship:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

TheMadridHash

but I have a theory and it is amazing for me,I am 100% sure that the average gross of each dates will be of 2.5 millions

and also notice how she grossed like 40 millions with latin, south african and european dates (17 dates) and if you calculate (according to the source)

wut, explain yourelf i just felt like a bunch of stff was written but none of it made sense

There's NO WAY gaga reaches that much of what you are saying (297M)

iF She does really well and sells out 95% of her Dates in North America then she will gross around 60-70M from those 39 dates

that will get the tour to have a final gross around a bit more or a bit less of what TMB considering that this tour has about 80 shows less and 6-7 months less in duration is pretty amazing, this has been the first tour where gaga has followed a proper structure of dates, 1 LEG per Continent, wich should be what she should do as long as her career adavances, she's a really global artist and that should be her trend so she doesn't leaves out anyone

Edited by TheMadridHash

StrawberryBlond

i think she should have grossed around 2.5-3M from Cape Town show and 4M or so from Johannesburg show, ticket prices were not reduced or anything but they were not expensive either

That's more like it. Yes, the ticket prices were average, likely in the hopes of attracting more people. But they weren't dirt cheap and there weren't tons of free tickets given away either.

I hate to break it to you, but there's no way that she'll gross that much. Each US date can take in $1.5 million at the most, except for slightly more expensive tickets in California. So, the US leg could take in just under $60 million at most, unless she adds more dates. So, the LA/SA/EU dates will have to take in at least $44 million if we want to beat the MB's total. 124 million + 44 million + 60 million = 228 million: 1 dollar more than the MB. That's why I'm hoping that the numbers really are wrong and there's at least another $7.4 million that slipped under the wire. If those are the real figures, though, I'm praying that she adds more US dates until she overtakes the MB's total. Now that she has the Virgin sponsorship going on for the US dates, it'll make any future dates easier to sell out and it looks like we won't be getting ARTPOP until well after April anyway.

netoschultz

Not reduced... kk very funny... South Africa had the most cheap tickets in the tour.. the most expensive ticket was 71 dollars.. South Korea were much more expensive than South Africa and she gross 3.000.000 from 50.000 people.. Cape Town wasn't sold out and the attendance was something between 30k - 45k

That's more like it. Yes, the ticket prices were average, likely in the hopes of attracting more people. But they weren't dirt cheap and there weren't tons of free tickets given away either.

I hate to break it to you, but there's no way that she'll gross that much. Each US date can take in $1.5 million at the most, except for slightly more expensive tickets in California. So, the US leg could take in just under $60 million at most, unless she adds more dates. So, the LA/SA/EU dates will have to take in at least $44 million if we want to beat the MB's total. 124 million + 44 million + 60 million = 228 million: 1 dollar more than the MB. That's why I'm hoping that the numbers really are wrong and there's at least another $7.4 million that slipped under the wire. If those are the real figures, though, I'm praying that she adds more US dates until she overtakes the MB's total. Now that she has the Virgin sponsorship going on for the US dates, it'll make any future dates easier to sell out and it looks like we won't be getting ARTPOP until well after April anyway.

She grossed 1.5 milion in Monster Ball.. this time tickets are more expensive than MB.. she will gross more.. probably 1.7 or 1.8 per date

Edited by netoschultz

netoschultz

Guys where are these numbers coming from? If they are real I will be so Annoyed how the hell could she make under 1.2m in Capetown that's less than Milan!?!?!?

Milan prices $125.37, $80.14

Cape Town prices $71, $35

Cape Town wasn't sold out... 40-45k is too much.. Probably 30-40k

It says 55,000 on wiki,since the last two shows were 47,000 I'd estimate 43,000-55,000

netoschultz

It says 55,000 on wiki,since the last two shows were 47,000 I'd estimate 43,000-55,000

There aren't box scores...it's estimates... from Coldplay and Kings Of Leon..

I still don't believe this ****, I think the gross will be around 170$ MIL.

IT CANT BE REAL! My expectations were MUCH higher even when people said it was Flopping in LA

Dangerous Man

My exact thoughts!

I can't understand how a show (Sao Paulo for example) that had over 50k audience and such massive prices could have only pulled around 3-4M. Even if there were some discounts, 80-90% of the tickets were sold at the full price for that date and if you only take the General Admission for example (which had a 250 USD average price) and you consider there were around 15k on that ground zone (even if there were more) you still get over 3.7M USD (even without the rest of 35.000 people) and yet the show has such a low gross. I know that there were some discounts, but the actual prices were MASSIVE and some discounts here and there couldn't have hurt that gross so badly. This may sound stupid, but I even expected this show to gross over 8-10M and it only grossed half of it.

Yeah. Here in our country, Gaga performed to 30,000 people and grossed $3M+, the ticket prices were from around $90-$380 only.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."