• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhonyguy04

• TheMadridHash

• Got Dynamite

EarnYourLeather

is that valid??

Taylor Swift is far outselling Lady Gaga in North America ticket sales

Box Office reports reveal this weekend that in North America, the battle of the gay icons at the concert box office isn't even close; Lady Gaga is far behind Taylor Swift. It's important to note that both stars are doing overall good business, but Swift is so far ahead of Gaga that it is interesting to take notice.

Lady Gaga begins her North American tour at the Tocama Dome in Washington on January 14, almost a month away. There are many seats available in all sections. Taylor Swift begins her U.S. tour on March 13 in Omaha, NE and there are a limited amount of seats still available. There is no doubt that these seats will sell out within three months.

Shocking is the fact that despite Lady Gaga's efforts to heavily market her work towards the gay community, gay-heavy Northern California doesn't seem to care much about her this time. She is playing only one show in San Jose this time, and even that show has yet to sell out. We are told there was another show that could have been added had the first one sold fast enough. Judging by ticket sales, the first show will definitely sell out by showtime, but you can still buy a limited amount of seats at Ticketmaster and there are many tickets available at secondary sites such as Stubhub.

http://www.examiner....ca-ticket-sales

Taylor Swift has a higher appeal in the U.S. She's more likable than GaGa by families. She's safe. She has a huge pre-teen and single / lonely women (10-50) fan base that adore her songs about juvenile romances. The list can go on. It's just reality.

Worldwide, though, is a COMPLETELY different story.

Edited by EarnYourLeather

is that valid??

Taylor Swift is far outselling Lady Gaga in North America ticket sales

Box Office reports reveal this weekend that in North America, the battle of the gay icons at the concert box office isn't even close; Lady Gaga is far behind Taylor Swift. It's important to note that both stars are doing overall good business, but Swift is so far ahead of Gaga that it is interesting to take notice.

Lady Gaga begins her North American tour at the Tocama Dome in Washington on January 14, almost a month away. There are many seats available in all sections. Taylor Swift begins her U.S. tour on March 13 in Omaha, NE and there are a limited amount of seats still available. There is no doubt that these seats will sell out within three months.

Shocking is the fact that despite Lady Gaga's efforts to heavily market her work towards the gay community, gay-heavy Northern California doesn't seem to care much about her this time. She is playing only one show in San Jose this time, and even that show has yet to sell out. We are told there was another show that could have been added had the first one sold fast enough. Judging by ticket sales, the first show will definitely sell out by showtime, but you can still buy a limited amount of seats at Ticketmaster and there are many tickets available at secondary sites such as Stubhub.

http://www.examiner....ca-ticket-sales

So basically they compared two dates of the shows? :)) I cant at this.

They forgot to notice that Taylor Swift has more dates in North America this time. So of course she will sell more, because she has more dates and her tickets are cheaper. ( And we know the reason why she is milking North America, because in other parts of the world her gross will be minimum.)

Also, the same could be said about Madonna. Taylor sold more tickets than Madonna, but she will gross the same? By far, no.

At the end of the day Lady Gaga tour will go to top 20 tours of all time.

Also, I am not a Taylor Swift hater, but I think the complet picture is important.

Edited by florin22n

I swear, once we get the receipts, and if everything is in our favor, I will hunt all these trolls down. exhale, madonnanation, perezhilton, pawsdown, examiner, youtube, facebook.....

Edited by jhonyguy04

Lady Gaga, such a flop. 2nd most successful touring solo artist at the moment other than Madonna. If you're 2nd, then you're a failure.

what makes her much more of a flop is that she can tour AND still sell her music, which, if you look at it, means she's the most powerful force in music at the moment (other than certain bands).

7M albums and her highest grossing tour ever, including sold out stadiums? Flopzilla. ARTFLOP.

Very Colbert of you! I love it!!

bumblebee

:blehga: Il be honest, don't like the GA area.....is this recent???

The GA is ok. Everybody is just trying to push the crowd closer to the stage, that's why the corners look kinda empty. In fact it's alright

I'm following the Russian-language timeline and I really love the reaction! Especially of those who can't be considered hardcore fans )