opinion

Y'all are delusional

TWICE on hatius

Featured Posts

TWICE on hatius

First of all, you are all delusional.

Secondly, here's why:

1. Commercial performance

Sans shallow,  SL chart runs is what a pop song expected to perform. Huge first week due to the enormous amount of support from fans and dip hard for second week and rise slowly again.

Some of you may say it's not sticking with GP by seeing Spotify number. But Gaga was never a strong streaming force at the first place plus the fact she's a pop artist. In entire top 100 of Apple Music and Spotify, the majority of songs are still rap dominated (and nothing's wrong with it but it's a reality). Don't Start Now and Say So are only pop songs that are smashing hard right now due to Tiktok's viral effect. And the weeknd is literally loved dearly by urban listeners.

On the bright side which most of you didn't focus on, SL got enormous support from stations across Canada, United State and United Kingdom. With radio support, it can have the longevity we want. Or at least staying in top 30/40 for a while.

And all of this are speculated over 9 days of estimation so nothing is solid to say the song's flop or success.

Back to shallow, the song debuted in top #28 and only peaked at #5 for a week before the Oscar performance. The song becomes the phenomenon due to partly the film and her oscar winning being well loved by GP. So stop being delusional and thinking everything is going to smash like shallow. 

Same with BR debuted #9 and only started to explode 1 month after. Given Gaga was only two years old into her career and her name was like brand new. But now she's an artist whose career is literally 12 years so expect another shallow and br is irrational.

2. Concept and artistic direction

I explained everything in here.

TLTR: Gaga is mainly influenced Jpop this time around. And Jpop is colorful, fun, campy and light with minimum meaning attached so it could try to give you happiness from it. It's not the visual is cheap but it is meant to be fun for other people can derive happiness from it.

It's normal that you feel unfamiliar or unconnected by an innovative and campy theme but saying it being cheap  is just shitty thing to do.

Some of Jpop mvs for comparision:

(this song is taken directly from gaga playlist)

3. The song:

I'm not an expert and music is subjective. But Stupid Love is receiving universal acclaims because it is a return to form song. It is meant to remind us how popGa sounds like. And I think it's a good song to do so.

Conclusion:

Having opinions are okay, and good but if yours is condescending or way too negative, you deserved to be dragged.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

TWICE on hatius
Just now, Cookie Tookie said:

Ok :billie:

ok :triggered: 

pedrohemg

You have been on this website since Jan 18 according to your profile. I've been here since 2016. Believe me, the same excuses the "charters" are using now, they used the whole Joanne era. It doesn't look good so far. A good debut yeah, but, the song is free falling on Spotfy, and it's bad.

messybottom
2 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

You have been on this website since Jan 18 according to your profile. I've been here since 2016. Believe me, the same excuses the "charters" are using now, they used the whole Joanne era. It doesn't look good so far. A good debut yeah, but, the song is free falling on Spotfy, and it's bad.

It’s not free falling. This weekends drop is less than the first weekends. It will stabilize at some point and begin to rise with radio support literally exploding. Read the OP again cause I really don’t think you were paying attention lol. songs do not become hits overnight. 

messybottom
11 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

Secondly, here's why:

1. Commercial performance

Sans shallow,  SL chart runs is what a pop song expected to perform. Huge first week due to the enormous amount of support from fans and dip hard for second week and rise slowly again.

Some of you may say it's not sticking with GP by seeing Spotify number. But Gaga was never a strong streaming force at the first place plus the fact she's a pop artist. In entire top 100 of Apple Music and Spotify, the majority of songs are still rap dominated (and nothing's wrong with it but it's a reality). Don't Start Now and Say So are only pop songs that are smashing hard right now due to Tiktok's viral effect. And the weeknd is literally loved dearly by urban listeners.

On the bright side which most of you didn't focus on, SL got enormous support from stations across Canada, United State and United Kingdom. With radio support, it can have the longevity we want. Or at least staying in top 30/40 for a while.

And all of this are speculated over 9 days of estimation so nothing is solid to say the song's flop or success.

Back to shallow, the song debuted in top #28 and only peaked at #5 for a week before the Oscar performance. The song becomes the phenomenon due to partly the film and her oscar winning being well loved by GP. So stop being delusional and thinking everything is going to smash like shallow. 

Same with BR debuted #9 and only started to explode 1 month after. Given Gaga was only two years old into her career and her name was like brand new. But now she's an artist whose career is literally 12 years so expect another shallow and br is irrational.

2. Concept and artistic direction

I explained everything in here.

TLTR: Gaga is mainly influenced Jpop this time around. And Jpop is colorful, fun, campy and light with minimum meaning attached so it could try to give you happiness from it. It's not the visual is cheap but it is meant to be fun for other people can derive happiness from it.

It's normal that you feel unfamiliar or unconnected by an innovative and campy theme but saying it being cheap  is just shitty thing to do.

Some of Jpop mvs for comparision:

(this song is taken directly from gaga playlist)

3. The song:

I'm not an expert and music is subjective. But Stupid Love is receiving universal acclaims because it is a return to form song. It is meant to remind us how popGa sounds like. And I think it's a good song to do so.

Conclusion:

Having opinions are okay, and good but if yours is condescending or way too negative, you deserved to be dragged.

Thank you. An actual intellectual on this site. :vegas:

LIKELADYAGAGA
5 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Using a join date to make your opinion valid?

And BTW, all the same meltdowns people are having now are the same ones people had when shallow was released too.

messybottom
Just now, LIKELADYAGAGA said:

Using a join date to make your opinion valid?

And BTW, all the same meltdowns people are having now are the same ones people had when shallow was released too.

This!

i created my account here 1 year ago but have been lurking for years. Rep points and account status mean absolutely nothing and if you think they do you are a :flop:

Azor Ahai
9 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I've been on Gagadaily since I was 13 and I can say that stupid love is a radio hit:vegas:

TWICE on hatius
20 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

And ? I have been Gaga stan since Just Dance. I literally created 10 clonesaccount to tweet at Spotify support and tell them to get MR when we searched it. Joanne songs were never supported by radio  and literally bombed if not had been for SuperBowl. SL is getting the radio support like her early pop songs and it's good. And if you have been for a while now, you should have known SL is doing ten times better than PI and MR before SuperBowl. We cannot expect another shallow because it is instant classic that heavily supported by an enormous movie. Pop songs in fact do not perform well on the chart right now. What SL is doing is more than enough. 

18 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

I’m not and offended. :neyde:

HausOfG

Since when is rap so big that it dominates the charts? 

I'm so old 👵😩

"I think it's funny that I'm not allowed to have a sense of humour" - Lady Gaga

Kimblue
12 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I’m sorry the success of the song makes you sad. Maybe you’ll like the next single.

TWICE on hatius
1 minute ago, HausOfG said:

Since when is rap so big that it dominates the charts? 

I'm so old 👵😩

Since 2018, The box: rap, One Town Road: rap.

Archived