💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Hasnt it been listed there for awhile.

Well it used to be, I dont know if they're unlisting/listing them off and on

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nick4bty

Dont want you to make unhappy but her sales boosted because BTW and The Fame albums are discounted albums in "Great Pop albums for 7.99$" catalog :) in US iTunes :P I'm still very happy because it will only sell more :P

This. Gaga always gets a boost when her albums go for $7.99. 

Meanwhile, I'm impressed with Tamar Braxton's "Love and War" rising back up the charts. I thought for sure we wouldn't be seeing this again, but it's back on iTunes and rising. And it's #80-something on BB I believe.

nick4bty

Whoa, JGMAR passed Thrift Shop on iTunes. I missed this. This song is smashing so hard  :legend:

Dont want you to make unhappy but her sales boosted because BTW and The Fame albums are discounted albums in "Great Pop albums for 7.99$" catalog :) in US iTunes :P I'm still very happy because it will only sell more :P

I wasn't just speaking in regards to her US albums boost, but worldwide she's gotten a huge boost.

Ray of Light

The 20/20 Experience iTunes

#1 United States
#1 Armenia
#1 Australia
#1 Austria
#1 Belgium
#1 Brunei Darussalam
#1 Canada
#1 Germany
#1 Ireland
#1 Lithuania
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Netherlands
#1 New Zealand
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#1 Turkey

HOTRODSGAGA

Just a question, When an album is available for  pre-order  on itunes, once the album actually comes out, do these pre-sales help the album charting? Like let's say, 50k pre-ordered an album, when it comes out, does it get to #1 because 50k people  pre-ordered it? 

It always intrigues me how albums get to the #1 spot minutes after they are out :blehga:  

Whoa, JGMAR passed Thrift Shop on iTunes. I missed this. This song is smashing so hard

But no! Thrift Shop still on top with 1.10 from 2 versions.

Just a question, When an album is available for  pre-order  on itunes, once the album actually comes out, do these pre-sales help the album charting? Like let's say, 50k pre-ordered an album, when it comes out, does it get to #1 because 50k people  pre-ordered it? 

It always intrigues me how albums get to the #1 spot minutes after they are out :blehga:

Good question... I'm not really sure, but I would assume the pre-orders do not boost its position on iTunes since the album was already paid for prior. I could be wrong, though.

Blank Space

i would like to know this too

nick4bty

But no! Thrift Shop still on top with 1.10 from 2 versions.

Well in that case it also passes WIWYM, Stay, and S&T. But in the ranking, JGMAR passed Thrift Shop. And people who are too lazy to look past the Top 10 will see this and say "wow, this must be a really good song. I'll have to buy it." 

chris777

For someone that's such a 'strong' digital seller, it shouldn't matter. But we'll play that game. Let's look at her 'catchier' hit singles.

We Found Love - 4,923,038

Disturbia - 4,555,521

Don't Stop The Music - 3,485,658

S&M - 3,482,933

Only Girl In The World - 3,419,738

What's My Name? - 2,931,505

Diamonds - 2,774,834

That's still not too hot for someone that's apparently such a digital prowess.

The thing with Rihanna is that she is a consistent seller. She hasn't take a break since 2008 and her sales still good, the people isn't tired of her.

270. Lady GaGa - The Fame   :golfclap:

Americano

Obviously something will sell if you keep releasing singles. Gaga couldve put out a new lead single in early 2012 and pulled a Rihanna, she just chose not to.

iTunes positions of songs currently impacting and increasing spins on Pop Radio 20 - 50

4. P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)

13. Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up)

16. Icona Pop - I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)

19. Fun. - Carry On

52. Emeli Sandé - Next to Me

54. Taylor Swift – 22

59. Krewella - Alive

141. Cher Lloyd - With Ur Love

160. Justin Bieber - All Around the World (feat. Ludacris)

247. OneRepublic - If I Lose Myself

775. Carly Rae Jepsen - Tonight I’m Getting Over You

Songs in bold I think will be hits based on the statistics I'm looking at. Only one I'm somewhat iffy on is 22. Hard to judge since it just got a huge boost from the music video.

Archived