💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

Only because of the $1.99 deal, but of course no one will ever mention that.

Another reason why haters should be pressed. :pressed:

jk. But seriously, it's not a big deal though. I mean having a number 1 album in BB doesn't mean anything if it doesn't have longevity and if it had a poor sales (e.g. Femme Fatale). 

UJ is near a million already in just 3 months on the chart and still in the top 10 (and expected to sell 2M+ in the US). Plus, it was still selling 40k since Feb. Imo, this album being number one on BB 200 is just a bonus.

:teehee:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Legenx X up one spot. :woot:

5. Pitbull - Feel this Moment ft Xtina Aguilera :legend:

jk. But seriously, it's not a big deal though. I mean having a number 1 album in BB doesn't mean anything if it doesn't have longevity and if it had a poor sales (e.g. Femme Fatale). 

UJ is near a million already in just 3 months on the chart and still in the top 10 (and expected to sell 2M+ in the US). Plus, it was still selling 40k since Feb. Imo, this album being number one on BB 200 is just a bonus.

Well I may be going to his tour because my girl is opening the show :coffee:

hausofmike

Legenx X up one spot. :woot:

5. Pitbull - Feel this Moment ft Xtina Aguilera :legend:

Her biggest hit since MLJ :troll:

Dangerous Man

Well I may be going to his tour because my girl is opening the show 

well, be ready to be slayed. You might turn into a bruno fan, so better not to come on his tour. :coffee:

Her biggest hit since MLJ :troll:

at least, unlike the queen of pop. :troll:

chris777

Billboard Hot 100 

top 10

1. Baauer, "Harlem Shake" (=)
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (=)
3. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (=)
4. Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble." (=)
5. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (+2)
6. Drake, "Started From The Bottom" (=)
7. will.i.am f/ Britney Spears, "Scream & Shout" (-2)
8. Justin Timberlake f/ Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie" (=)
9. Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven" (=)
10. Swedish House Mafia f/ John Martin, "Don't You Worry Child" (+2)

12. Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack" (DEBUT)

After "Shake" outpaced "Shop" with slightly more than three-and-a-half times the Hot 100 points total of the latter the past two weeks, "Shake" drops by 43% in overall points and "Shop" falls by just 4% this week. "Shop," thus," boasts a thinner, although still wide, lead of more than twice as many points as "Shop" this week.

Finally HS is dropping, I'll give it another 2 weeks, and then TS maybe will be back to #1

I wanna know how much money Def Jam pumps into promoting her and see just how successful she actually is

This should give you a glimpse:

It cost approximately $1 Million to create Rihanna's "Man Down"

Factoring in producers, studio time, and a heaping helping of cash to grease the wheels of the radio and publicity machine, NPR reported last year that it cost just north of $1 million to create Rihanna's "Man Down" and bring it to market. While "marketing" (what amounts, it seems, to modern payola) accounts for a large portion of that bill, "Man Down" provides an example of the heavy burden major labels feel to guarantee a hit record, and the expenses they're willing to spare in order achieve success. 

Peak: #59. 

Poor dat.  :whitney:

It's interesting to me how all the pop girls chart differently. None of them are the same... All unique.

Katy - Queen of singles, but albums sales not as high as expected.

Rihanna - Frequent top 10 visitor and decent album sales. Releases as much as possible.

Ke$ha - With the exception of C'mon, she's a frequent top 10 visitor. Album sales disappointing.

Gaga - Consistant overall single success and great album sales.

Taylor - Great album sales with singles either being massive hits or disappointing.

Adele - Not even going to go there :nails:

Good summary :)

That's what I was saying in my previous post. I was actually arguing with a Rihanna fan the other day who claimed Rih's sales were much better than Gaga's, and he was laughing about MTN peaking at 29. Then I reminded him of We Ride, Break It Off, Te Amo, Raining Man, and Cockiness, all of which failed to enter the Hot 100, except for Break It Off which peaked at 95. Not to mention all the singles that didn't enter the Top 30.

I really like Rihanna, but the Navy brags her too much for having such unimpressive numbers.

Break It Off peaked inside the top 10 

:awkney:  770K is underwhelming but not poor. She ain't doin' Warrior #'s.

chris777

:awkney:  770K is underwhelming but not poor. She ain't doin' Warrior #'s.

I remember you said Unapologetic won't even past FF sales. It just did it  :awkney:

Ray of Light

I remember you said Unapologetic won't even past FF sales. It just did it  :awkney:

:reductive:

Ke$ha sold 4,136 of Warrior last week. That is just awful considering she has an active 2nd single out...

chris777

:reductive:

Want to remind you the horrible chart performance of MDNA or lack of sales from HC?  :ohwell:

Also I still don't understand why the Madonna gif in GGD, it's clear that Gaga don't like her :laughga:

Archived