💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

HOTRODSGAGA

Rihanna's album power is overrated. 

She only has 2 really successful albums. ( GGGB and Loud) 

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never heard Thrift Shop tbh. Is it even as much of a hit outside of the US?

Edit: Wow just heard it, it's horrible. I would even prefer Harlem Shake over this.

I've never heard Thrift Shop tbh. Is it even as much of a hit outside of the US?

Edit: Wow just heard it, it's horrible. I would even prefer Harlem Shake over this.

I'm assuming people like the song primarily for its lyrics. Sonically the song is a dud.

WarriorPrince

lol at rihanna's album sales. by this time gaga was at 1.6M with born this way (?)

she is very overrated. her amazingly praised debut single Diamonds is close to Girl on Fire's sales. 

the navy always think so highly of themselves but her numbers are really not impressive  :pressed:

:wtf:

Jase

iTunes Update

01. When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars
02. Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

03. Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko) - Rihanna

04. Harlem Shake - Baauer
05. Suit & Tie (feat. Jay-Z) - Justin Timberlake

06. Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera) - Pitbull

07. Started from the Bottom - Drake

08. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

09. Heart Attack - Demi Lovato
10. Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) - will.i.am

11. Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess) - P!nk

12. I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift

13. Love Me (feat. Drake & Future) - Lil Wayne

14. Buzzkill - Luke Bryan

15. Daylight - Maroon 5

16. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

17. Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
18. Sure Be Cool If You Did - Blake Shelton

19. Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars

20. Ho Hey - The Lumineers

21. I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons

22. Troublemaker (feat. Flo Rida) - Olly Murs

23. Carry On - Fun.

24. Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men

25. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

26. My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy

27. Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) [feat. John Martin] - Swedish House Mafia

28. Mama's Broken Heart - Miranda Lambert

29. Sail - AWOLNATION

30. Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker

31. Sweet Nothing (feat. Florence Welch) - Calvin Harris

32. Hall of Fame (feat. will.i.am) - The Script

33. Pour It Up - Rihanna

34. It's Time - Imagine Dragons

35. Downtown - Lady Antebellum

36. F**kin' Problems (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Drake, & 2 Chainz) - A$AP Rocky

37. Catch My Breath - Kelly Clarkson

38. Girl On Fire - Alicia Keys

39. Hey Porshe - Nelly

40. Just a Sip - Luke Bryan

Bubbling Under

42. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop
58. Next to Me - Emeli Sandé
74. Alive - Krewella
93. Stubborn Love - The Lumineers

Runway

:rip:

Given the singles' succes I thought it already moved at least 2x platinum :smh:

She got that #1 album, but it's a disappointment in sales honestly

:oops:

Diamonds is barely at 2.8m too, even BTW with like 60M less AI and lack of longevity is at 3.9m in the US :classy:

so much for being the biggest female atm :emma:

chris777

Some of you guys are so bitter with Rihanna lately  :awkney:

I Need Your Love needs to be top 20 at least, it would be so good if it goes top 10

BROSEIDON

Some of you guys are so bitter with Rihanna lately  :awkney:

I Need Your Love needs to be top 20 at least, it would be so good if it goes top 10

People are bitter when it comes to Rihanna cuz her Navy talks about her like she is some unstoppable force, when in reality it's just good radio deals (and now youtube views) that keep her alive. No one actually wants to buy her music :laughga:

heavymlover

lol at rihanna's album sales. by this time gaga was at 1.6M with born this way (?)

she is very overrated. her amazingly praised debut single Diamonds is close to Girl on Fire's sales. 

the navy always think so highly of themselves but her numbers are really not impressive  :pressed:

That's what I was saying in my previous post. I was actually arguing with a Rihanna fan the other day who claimed Rih's sales were much better than Gaga's, and he was laughing about MTN peaking at 29. Then I reminded him of We Ride, Break It Off, Te Amo, Raining Man, and Cockiness, all of which failed to enter the Hot 100, except for Break It Off which peaked at 95. Not to mention all the singles that didn't enter the Top 30.

I really like Rihanna, but the Navy brags her too much for having such unimpressive numbers.

chris777

People are bitter when it comes to Rihanna cuz her Navy talks about her like she is some unstoppable force, when in reality it's just good radio deals (and now youtube views) that keep her alive. No one actually wants to buy her music :laughga:

I doubt that all the Navy have buy all her singles. And every fanbase glorifies their fave, I'm just saying seeing so much negativity around here against other artists is annoying.

I'm sure there is another way to express your point without being so shady

AWKNEY?! :udidnt:

YAASSS. 

:awkney:

-

Rhenna her sales are always underwhelming.  :reductive:

To think that she only has 2 albums to pass 4M WW and only 1 to go multi-platinum.  :toofunga:

i disagree. rihanna is working with some of the best producers in industry. 

i agree to the radio and yt deals. oh, you can add Chris Brown to those.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

It's interesting to me how all the pop girls chart differently. None of them are the same... All unique.

Katy - Queen of singles, but albums sales not as high as expected.

Rihanna - Frequent top 10 visitor and decent album sales. Releases as much as possible.

Ke$ha - With the exception of C'mon, she's a frequent top 10 visitor. Album sales disappointing.

Gaga - Consistant overall single success and great album sales.

Taylor - Great album sales with singles either being massive hits or disappointing.

Adele - Not even going to go there :nails:

Why would people buy her songs when they're never off the radio? :derpga:

I do think the #NAVY highly overestimates her while I see many others that tend to underestimate her. I have a constant like/dislike relationship with her, but I can't deny that she and her team have done a killer job of maintaining and building her level of success. Everyone thought she would be gone after her first two albums tanked (even with hit singles). Who knew we would still be debating her success and strategy 8 years later? lol

BROSEIDON

I wanna know how much money Def Jam pumps into promoting her and see just how successful she actually is

Archived