Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

The chart should be for the $ sales from the downloads, not the number of downloads.  Then there will be no problem with discounts.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fizzy

53- Pom Poms - Jonas Brothers ($0.99)

54- Come & Get It - Selena Gomez ($1.29)

Please beat them and Demi! :)

*praying*

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Mariano

The chart should be for the $ sales from the downloads, not the number of downloads.  Then there will be no problem with discounts.

never thought of that :O 

I think only chart obsessed stans see Katy's single or Gaga's album discounts as a negative.

Don't you love when stores have sales? Unless you are a silly price snob who thinks more expensive is better.

I would rather earn a number by the standard sales prices, etc. than ever discount a single. How cheap and greedy.

That's putting "fairness" in chart battles above the goal of marketing music. But charts are a means, marketing is the real end,

Charts aren't fair though. How can 22 be fairly be compared to a Pitbull single, when Swift's album has sold millions more?

Katy's TD singles all went #1 on itunes anyway at standard price (except TOTGA). The discounts were just to synch some sales up with radio airplay peak.   

Dangerous Man

never thought of that :O 

In Germany, that's how they rank the the charts there.

Exactly. I don't like discounts. Because even if an album or a single is #1 worthy, discounts cheapen the acheivement greatly.

and Gaga is forever cursed by her haters. :emma:

They always bash her with that 99 cents deal. :rofl:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

VforVendetta

When one digests the fact that Rihanna only has 2 albums to cross 4M, it's rather embarrassing. P!nk will definitely cross 4M WW and, hell, even 5M and she's 13 years into her career. Is it a stretch to say that she might sell the same as ARTPOP? And possibly even outsellIs it?

If ARTPOP is good( that will be) it will deliver easily 5 million ww. BTW delivered 7 m with all the negative publicity it received from the 0.99 cents deal and two very provocative singles.

What do you guys think will the first week of the Fall Out Boys album "Save Rock And Roll" will sell?

I never listened to them but i saw a predict the first week of sales game on atrl and they were predicting this one. So? 

Creyk

But if it really is the best she has ever created, and the things she said about it, shouldn't it at least outsell BTW? A nice 9 million WW would be great :)

Mariano

Outselling BTW will be really great.. she'll show that she is not decreasing... and the same for the lead single.. should outsell BTW in USA atleast by 1 million and then WW atleast by 1 million

WarriorPrince

MACKLEMORE & RYAN... Can't Hold Us f/R... 47.214 +3.039 

:party:

22 is doing okay. At least is gonna be platinum, unlike MTN and Judas

not gonna happen

Fizzy

49. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

Surpassed Pom Poms ($0.99) :party:

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Selena should have been released Rule The World as the lead single. Come & Get it isn't too great :wtf:

WarriorPrince

Selena should have been released Rule The World as the lead single. Come & Get it isn't too great :wtf:

indeed

Archived