💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

La Roux (Debut Album) Appreciation Thread

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

kaelergrey

La Roux is the debut studio album by English synth-pop duo La Roux. It was released on 26 June 2009 by Polydor Records. The album peaked at number two on the UK Albums Chart and was certified platinum by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI). It includes the singles "In for the Kill" and "Bulletproof", which reached numbers two and one on the UK Singles Chart, respectively.

The album was nominated for the 2009 Mercury Prize, and won the Grammy Award for Best Electronic/Dance Album at the 2011 ceremony. A 10-track Gold Edition of the album was released digitally in the United States on 8 February 2011, including the Kanye West-assisted version of "In for the Kill".[1] (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Roux_(album))

Its an amazing album from beginning to end. My favorite tracks are: 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Cookie Tookie

One of the best albums ever released. Way ahead of its time.

kaelergrey
20 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

One of the best albums ever released. Way ahead of its time.

I agree. It still sounds fresh till today. :blush:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

PinkJelly

This is still one my favourite albums ever, have both the CD and Vinyl versions - and loved that my favourite show at the time Ugly Betty used a couple of the tracks in the show 

blankpaper

Bulletproof came out while I was in college and gives me major nostalgia. I listened to it SO MUCH 

reality’s tight if the music is right

Archived