'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
question

stadium VS. arena

not Chromatica

Featured Posts

not Chromatica

Soooo, I'm thinking about getting tickets for the Paris show (which would be my first time seeing Gaga live) and I've never been to a stadium concert in my life so I'm curious to know – what are the differences and what are your experiences like? So far I've read some really conflicting opinions. Some say that stadiums tend to get overcrowded (whereas arenas are far more intimate), that they don't allow for elaborate stage design (compared to the latter) and that there's some other problems regarding sound and weather and whatnot. On the other hand, there are people saying that nothing compares to the grandeur of stadium shows so idk...

Also, what do you think the reasoning behind this tour was? Do you think she wants it to be more epic or did she simply opt for larger venues to cut down on the amount of shows she'll be doing?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult

Stadiums are much better experiences than arenas. Those complaining about intimate spaces are acting like they can’t buy tickets closer to the stage.  :air:

BABBLYON

Well I prefer stadium tours because A) they're outside (most of the time during warm weather) B) more fans can see the show at once C) it allows for a super cool stage. I saw JWT at a stadium and I was in the pit and it was life changing. If you go to Paris show try and get floor/pit tickets. Totally worth it. 

GypsyVida

I saw the On The Run II tour in Philly (which was a stadium show) and it was amazing. I could see Beyonce just fine. I don't know why people hate stadium shows so much.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

ShayCristoforo

I wonder if it'll be easier to get tickets. Theoretically, more seats - the better the chances.

But since there are so few shows, I think it'll be harder than ever. Which has me worried cuz I didn't get tickets for JWT even through I was on the site right at the start; for both the presale and the general. Luckily my friend got some. 

Fingers crossed! There's only 1 show in Canada :heat:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Benefits to stadium tours:

- Cheaper tickets

- Outdoor experience

- Expensive stage setup

- Crowd screams similar to sports games.

I don’t understand the hate why fans don’t want Gaga to do an all stadium tour. She’s an amazing performer and did well doing stadium shows in US, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.

not Chromatica
1 hour ago, HAUSofRANA said:

C) it allows for a super cool stage. I saw JWT at a stadium and I was in the pit and it was life changing.

1 hour ago, MarcoCS said:

Stadium Tour means better stage design. Doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, Twitter said:

- Expensive stage setup

But for example, the JWT stadium dates didn't have the floating platforms & stuff. That's what I meant by elaborate stage design.

I'll definitely go for either the golden circle or golden pitch. Might as well see the bitch in flesh if I'm going, I've been watching her on screens for 12 years now.

1 hour ago, ShayCristoforo said:

But since there are so few shows, I think it'll be harder than ever.

Ikr, I feel like getting tickets for this one will be a nightmare of its own. Honestly, I feel like she'll add at least one more date for each, considering they're like 5 days apart.

Glad y'all got to see JWT, btw.

10 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

But for example, the JWT stadium dates didn't have the floating platforms & stuff. That's what I meant by elaborate stage design.

That’s because JWT stage was suited for an arena tour. Just like how Enigma is suited for a theater.

The Chromatica Ball will be suited for stadiums so expect something more elaborate like:

2018-06-04-sea-1092-tour-design-final-co

wall.jpg

Taylor%20Swift%203_0.jpg

315903.jpg

not Chromatica
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

That’s because JWT stage was suited for an arena tour. Just like how Enigma is suited for a theater.

The Chromatica Ball will be suited for stadiums so expect something more elaborate like:

2018-06-04-sea-1092-tour-design-final-co

wall.jpg

Taylor%20Swift%203_0.jpg

315903.jpg

Oh weeeeerkkkq! Who's the last one?

2 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

Oh weeeeerkkkq! Who's the last one?

U2 that was the most highest grossing tour in history and nobody has topped it. 

Roboboy
2 hours ago, HAUSofRANA said:

Well I prefer stadium tours because A) they're outside (most of the time during warm weather) B) more fans can see the show at once C) it allows for a super cool stage. I saw JWT at a stadium and I was in the pit and it was life changing. If you go to Paris show try and get floor/pit tickets. Totally worth it. 

Stadium shows were worse than arena for JWT - they couldn't have any of the bridges cause it was outdoors. Usually arenas are more elaborate i would argue

Cookie Tookie

Nothing is better about stadium shows. It’s less intimate, sound is lesser in quality since it’s outdoors, ticket prices may be more expensive to be seated closer to the stage, it’s an extreme hassle to leave the venue after, and the theatrics/effects and show components are limited due to the venue style.

Archived