How does SL compare to PI

duckworth

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
12 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Lyrics are useless if they don't create an enjoyable melody. SL and Stupid Love are actually more of the  same lyrically.

PI structure has 3 verses, 3 choruses and a bridge exactly like Stupid Love.

Stupid Love MV (which is distinct from the song so Idk why you are bringing it up) is way more captivating, engaging and developed than PI.

I mean, we do have an exciting key change in PI and the chorus feels more explosive. Also i love the piano version that Gaga performed in interviews. I can’t see SL having such a beautiful version. I honestly wouldn’t compare PI to SL at all. SL is just a cute commercial pop song. 

Yeah, the SL MV is more colourful and fun to watch but i think they put more effort into PI, like it feels way more professional. Ofc they didn’t use an Iphone on PI and maybe that’s the reason why i prefer it :oops:

Just don’t get me wrong. I still quite like SL and i’m supporting it a lot. I just think we got to see more artistry during the PI Era overall. Gaga just admitted she’s going to be more commercial this era in order to have more people listen to her new songs and be happy.

SHALLOW
5 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

PI had a lot of yelling from what I remember 

It’s a key change and it’s amazing :huntyga:

derpmonster
18 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

PI has way better lyrics even tho it’s more repetitive

Not even. Not when we're comparing it to "freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out" and "higher ooh ooh higher ooh ooh higher ooh all I ever wanted was love x3" :teehee:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

I mean, we do have an exciting key change in PI and the chorus feels more explosive. Also i love the piano version that Gaga performed in interviews. I can’t see SL having such a beautiful version. I honestly wouldn’t compare PI to SL at all. SL is just a cute commercial pop song. 

Yeah, the SL MV is more colourful and fun to watch but i think they put much effort into PI, like it feels way more professional. Ofc they didn’t use an Iphone on PI and maybe that’s the reason why i prefer it :oops:

Just don’t get me wrong. I still quite like SL and i’m supporting it a lot. I just think we got to see more artistry during the PI Era overall. Gaga just admitted she’s going to be more commercial this era in order to have more people listen to her new song and be happy.

Other than a key change, both songs follow the exact same standard pop structure.

If Stupid Love is a commercial pop song, PI is a badly executed attempt at indie pop. Stupid Love is way more pleasant, enjoyable, catchy and well-done. Its numbers are rightfully and deservingly better.

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Not even. Not when we're comparing it to "freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out" and "higher ooh ooh higher ooh ooh higher ooh all I ever wanted was love x3" :teehee:

The prechorus of Stupid Love > The entire PI

34 minutes ago, DAMN said:

Wasn't here when PI was launched and wasn't really paying attention to the overall reception to it. How does the overall reception towards SL compare to the one for PI? Is it more positive or not?

Both filmed on same dessert.

britney spears work bitch GIF by Nikos Kontovas

derpmonster
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The prechorus of Stupid Love > The entire PI

The bridge of PI alone is @FfFfFfFFff-far better. That's not even to mention the key change and hypnotic instrumental.

I like Stupid Love. But it's like Why Did You Do That if PI is LoveGame.

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

both songs follow the exact same standard pop structure.

And Perfect Illusion has real lyrics :vegas:

SHALLOW

Other than a key change, both songs follow the exact same standard pop structure.

If Stupid Love is a commercial pop song, PI is a badly executed attempt at indie pop. Stupid Love is way more pleasant, enjoyable, catchy and well-done. Its numbers are rightfully and deservingly better.

Idk, maybe PI fits only into a specific mood. Like, i honestly don’t even listen to it that much anymore cause it’s just too ectsatic for me rn but i remember enjoying it a lot when it came out and it made me wanna scream. :huntyga:

SL is more enjoyable cause it literally is commercially oriented. Whereas PI probably wasn’t but they still tried to make it a single and failed.

Anyway, i just think PI is a bit more interesting, that’s all  

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

The bridge of PI alone is @FfFfFfFFff-far better. That's not even to mention the key change and hypnotic instrumental.

The bridge is ok but can't compare with Stupid Love's prechorus, the instrumental is overpowered by and drowned in screaming. Next. :ohwell:

derpmonster

The bridge is ok but can't compare with Stupid Love's prechorus, the instrumental is overpowered by and drowned in screaming. Next. :ohwell:

Agree to disagree. At least us Perfect Illusion stans have lyrics to scream in the first place in the chorus unlike some other song out there :ohwell:

PI is that kid at family events that ruins the entire day with their infant screams

no

ApplauseftAdele
5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It’s hard to argue since PI is more expiremental and almost a completely new genre. People will just prefer different things, however even though I love PI i will admit I hated Gaga’s vocals on the songs for a while after it was released, it’s just really raw and sells emotion for the cost of sounding “pleasant”

Archived