💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Why Mid-May is Better Than April for the Second Single

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

I see a lot of members on here talking about the second single being released in April, but there are multiple reasons behind why mid-May will most likely* be better.

Lead Single Longevity Hampered:

Born This Way:

1-1-1-1-1-1-4-5-5-13-15-16-18-19-24-42-37-49-56-57-OUT

Judas:

10-12-20-19-27-41-78-92-OUT

After six weeks dominating the chart, BTW only spent nine weeks in the top ten. Why? Well, Judas is the answer to that. I am aware that a leak caused it to be released even earlier, but it is clear that Judas being released only two months after BTW completely cut up its longevity, which ultimately resulted in only 20 weeks on the chart for BTW.

Second Single Unable to Beat the Lead:

Womanizer:

96-1-4-5-6-7-7-12-9-10-6-5-7-8-9-12-15-18-25-28-32-40-45-OUT

Circus:

3-4-11-11-12-11-10-9-9-11-12-14-13-14-14-17-19-24-31-38-42-48-OUT

Circus was released almost exactly two months after Womanizer. Because Womanizer had a strong return to the top ten after its fall to #12, Circus was never able to notably match it again. That being said, it should be noted that Circus only received one televised performance on the day of its release, and its release date choices did tend to be a bit off.

*Two things to keep in mind.:

Hold It Against Me:

1-6-8-10-10-11-12-16-30-43-52-75-59-66-76-88-100-OUT

Till the World Ends:

20-9-22-23-13-8-9-11-3-6-8-7-7-9-12-15-19-24-25-29-32-36-40-48-OUT

Hold It Against Me only spent five weeks in the top ten despite the number one peak mainly due to a lack of promotion during its single era, and also slightly because it is a bit more of an experimental song. Till the World Ends as a result was released in early March, and managed to go on and be successful without really hampering Hold It Against Me. Essentially, two months between the first and second singles is okay only if the lead has a low longevity on its own accord. However, I do not expect this to happen with Stupid Love. Then again, ME! had a short longevity causing You Need to Calm Down to be released within two months of ME!.  In this case however, ME! had begun to stabilize right outside of the top ten, and may have even been preparing to re-enter. As a result You Need to Calm Down may have hampered the longevity of ME! in this case.

My personal opinion.: ~3 - ~8 weeks in the top ten should account for two months between singles. ~8+ weeks should account for three (or more if notably long) months between singles. (<--- This all assumes a straight run through in the top ten without leaving it, as well as debuting inside of the top ten.)

he/him/his

weed

how about this coming Tuesday? :hor:

but yeah I agree, only once SL is like.. at #30-40 on Billboard (with no light at the end of the tunnel) should #2 be released

Maleficent

the examples you used are outdated. cycles don’t last this long anymore and trends change w the GP much quicker. She should give it 5 weeks max. 

yes and
5 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

the examples you used are outdated. cycles don’t last this long anymore and trends change w the GP much quicker. She should give it 5 weeks max. 

You are not quite right. Don't Start Now became a hit in US after 3,5 months of its initial release. And did you forget how long MR was gaining its success? Another example is Ariana having gaps at least 3 months between her singles. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

TWICE on hatius
8 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

You are not quite right. Don't Start Now became a hit in US after 3,5 months of its initial release. And did you forget how long MR was gaining its success? Another example is Ariana having gaps at least 3 months between her singles. 

Umh DSN - random TikTok viral moment, MR - Super Bowl, Ariana was having a huge success with TUN and 7 rings both spent an enormous time on top of the chart. If SL cannot be a fighter anymore, it’s best for Gaga to release another one out.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

yes and
2 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

Umh DSN - random TikTok viral moment, MR - Super Bowl, Ariana was having a huge success with TUN and 7 rings both spend enormous time on top of the chart. If SL cannot be a fighter anymore, it’s  best for Gaga to release another one out.

Yeah sure and Stupid Love is just Max Martin and another radio-friendly song about love. 

If SL flops in a few weeks, obviously they should release another single asap, but it can become bigger and bigger, so there is no point releasing it on Monday lol 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

TWICE on hatius
3 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

Yeah sure and Stupid Love is just Max Martin and another radio-friendly song about love. 

If SL flops in a few weeks, obviously they should release another single asap, but it can become bigger and bigger, so there is no point releasing it on Monday lol 

I mean it is doing fine now but it should not be more than 3 months between singles unless SL becomes a massive hit(which I am really hopeful about)

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

It depends on the success of Stupid Love and if Gaga promotes it well enough.

April 2020 or early May is a good window for a new single imo.

Maleficent
2 hours ago, dancewithnobody said:

dua and ariana were at their peak, and the latter was already walking the line for overexposure.

MR gained success late bc of the Superbowl.

I stand by what i said. 

Economy

Times have changed now tho. Songs surge and peak faster (especially if they are leads that don't need to grow slowly like a post album track that grows on radio)

1st and 2nd Singles are released more condensed together now

I say 6-7 weeks gap is probably fine

Archived