💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SL is ME! done right

GAGAVENUS

Featured Posts

GAGAVENUS

When Gaga was talking to Zane Lowe about how when she made this song she just wanted to make people happy and dance, I immediately thought of what Taylor said about ME! which was more or less the same. 

I really loved Lover but even swifties can admit that ME! wasn't the best lead single and really rubbed people the wrong way cuz it's sooo bubblegum. SL has the same themes and overall happiness of ME! but it's also a song with a lot of great complexity in its production (id marry that baseline if it could) and writing with such a great hook but also a great bridge and gets better with every listen. 

NFRatwell

I don’t get the unnecessary subtle drag at Taylor but I agree with what you’re saying about SL. It serves it’s purpose as a happy feelin good pop song! :vegas:   

Reality

tbh I'm probably one of the few people that actually kind of likes ME! I think it's a good song.

That said, I agree. I feel like both ME! and Stupid Love are trying to, to some extent, fill the same space of a bright, fun, pop song. In my opinion, SL does it better though.

🃏🖤👹

martiniglistens

The key to both SL and ME! is taking them at face value and no comparing them so much to the artists past work. This song at its core is loud fun dance pop made SOLEY for that purpose. And it MF SLAPS.

It was not until I listened to her interview with Zane Lowe earlier that I fully got it. She is making happy feel good music. 

Red Velvet

They are two different songs.

ME! serves as a bop for the kids, an empowerment song for the young.

Stupid Love is a dance song made for the club to make people happy. 

Both has their purposes.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

If you take out the instrumental parts of both songs you'll end with a still-happy-dancey song (ME!) but it'll get kind of dark with the other (Stupid Love). So I guess Gaga actually tried to turn the sadness of her love life into an upbeat/feel-good song ala The Edge Of Glory :flutter:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Ariana Grindr
14 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

When Gaga was talking to Zane Lowe about how when she made this song she just wanted to make people happy and dance, I immediately thought of what Taylor said about ME! which was more or less the same. 

I really loved Lover but even swifties can admit that ME! wasn't the best lead single and really rubbed people the wrong way cuz it's sooo bubblegum. SL has the same themes and overall happiness of ME! but it's also a song with a lot of great complexity in its production (id marry that baseline if it could) and writing with such a great hook but also a great bridge and gets better with every listen. 

Stfu lol this is so cringe....why even the comparison ? Thank u next 

Donny Winter

I think many weren't a huge fan of Taylor's song because some argued it was "appropriating the gay community for her own benefit." I don't agree with that perspective, but this video /  song's advantage is that it's world-building. Taylor's song / video didn't do that.

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

4 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

Glad you edited your comment and added " to make people happy ". Stupid Love IS an empowerment song for mental health. The fact that it's a dance fun loud pop song doesn't mean it lacks meaning. I teared up listening at " All I ever wanted was love" because it's so true to our human core. We act out of fear of losing love. We're working, we're hustling and doing everything we can to gain more love, one way or another. 

SL is a brilliant grower and such a great start for LG6. She did THAT :kiss::queenga:

GAGAVENUS
3 minutes ago, Ariana Grindr said:

Stfu lol this is so cringe....why even the comparison ? Thank u next

this is a forum...just voicing my thoughts. Maybe be a #kindnesspunk and use nicer language :trollga:

TWICE on hatius

I like both songs. The difference between the massage in those two songs lies in “you are gonna find someone like me” and “I want your stupid love”. Taylor demands while Gaga earns it. Love them both though.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Red Velvet
4 minutes ago, Lee Ng said:

Glad you edited your comment and added " to make people happy ". Stupid Love IS an empowerment song for mental health. The fact that it's a dance fun loud pop song doesn't mean it lacks meaning. I teared up listening at " All I ever wanted was love" because it's so true to our human core. We act out of fear of losing love. We're working, we're hustling and doing everything we can to gain more love, one way or another. 

SL is a brilliant grower and such a great start for LG6. She did THAT :kiss::queenga:

Yeah, I forgot to add that part. After I posted that, I suddenly remembered about the atmosphere and the vibe of being free from a depressing mindset. And I agree, she did THAT. It may not be as emphasized as her other empowerment songs but it's still there.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

28 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

I really loved Lover but even swifties can admit that ME! wasn't the best lead single

Pop Music
24 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

They are two different songs.

Both has their purposes.

and both are iconic pop bops 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived