Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Didn't we hate the "demo"?

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

So, I was reading Slant Magazine's negative review of SL and they mentioned something that got me thinking:

"After Lady Gaga’s new single, “Stupid Love,” unexpectedly leaked online last month, many of the singer’s not-so-little-anymore monsters were quick to take to Twitter and dismiss the rather unremarkable dance-pop tune as a demo or outtake from a previous era. It seems that was wishful thinking."  (Source)

:billie:

I mean, it's true. I remember some members (sadly I forgot their usernames) dragging other members for thinking the leak was a finished version or that it was even made in 2019, as it was "clearly" an outtake from an already abandoned project. I also simply couldn't count the "omg at everyone hating on a DEMO, y'all will eat your words when the real version's released" type of responses.

So what happened? :billie: 

Did LMs just get used to listening to the leak which now explains the mostly positive response towards the exact same song?

Discuss :billie:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

My feelings toward the song haven't changed, I like it but still feel like it's missing something and hoped it would have sounded a bit more interesting and complete... But I like it a bit better now I have a video and visuals to associate with it idk :neyde:

CrimeanMiracle

Lol, what's there to discuss? The perfect song? Or could it be that for someone, Gaga didn't change the already perfect song just because someone already listened to it? Funny.

Buy and stream “Chromatica”

Typical GGD that changes their mind in 30 seconds and act like they never thought the way they did before. A list of examples:

- Born This Way was flawless till Judas didn't reach top 5

- ARTPOP was great till Applause didn't beat Roar

- Shallow was bad because of the cheering until it became a smash hit

- Stupid Love's MV was stunning till Gaga said it was shot on iPhone

I could go on for hours

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I’m pretty disappointed. It really reminds me of Born This Way (not that BTW was disappointing!) but not much growth there.

Henry Cavill

idk who "we" is but i loved the leak, had on loop and i still love the final version :oops:

very excited to get it on CD too

GaGaAst
6 minutes ago, dynamite said:

My feelings toward the song haven't changed, I like it but still feel like it's missing something and hoped it would have sounded a bit more interesting and complete... But I like it a bit better now I have a video and visuals to associate with it idk :neyde:

Its lack of lengthy chorus and bridge. It doesn't have chorus many can enjoy and lack of bridge ruined the song a bit cause it never got the climax.

If it had these two I would have slayed much more. But still I love this

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

dynamite
4 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Its lack of lengthy chorus and bridge. If it had these two I would have slayed much more. But still I love this

Yeah it's hard to describe what I mean but I feel like if there were extra chorus vocals to match the rhythm of that sound that plays at the start of the song and after "I want your stupid love love" it would have sounded fuller idk 

But it's here now and it's not a demo so freak out freak out :firega:

Defmix100
9 minutes ago, CrimeanMiracle said:

Lol, what's there to discuss? The perfect song? Or could it be that for someone, Gaga didn't change the already perfect song just because someone already listened to it? Funny.

discussing the high number of users on here saying and hoping that it was a demo or not the lead single or not a song from the album at all

I mean nobody was expecting a totally new song, but I can't believe barely anything changed since January 2019 :bradley:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

GaGaAst
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Yeah it's hard to describe what I mean but I feel like if there were extra chorus vocals to match the rhythm of that sound that plays at the start of the song and after "I want your stupid love love" it would have sounded fuller idk 

I had the exact feeling while listening to perfect illusion too. What I loved about her were those rich dark vocals, layers of her voice all over the chorus and gigantic bridge. But I dont keep any expectations and I enjoyed what I heard today. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Archived