💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Michael Polansky's Ex Wrote an Article for The NY Times

Leblanc

Featured Posts

GaGaAst

Admin please correct the tag if its wrong. 

Lindsay Crouse, New York Times Editor used to date Micheal Polansky. She got to know that lady gaga was dating her ex and has nothing but good words to appreciate gaga. Normally I don't see ex talking nice things about his/her current partner. 

“Lady Gaga is amazing. Comparing yourself with her is incredibly motivational, and I recommend you try it, regardless of how you relate to who’s dating her.". 

Just visit the link and read her interview. She seems like a genuinely amazing soul and I don't know it gave me such a positive vibe and how to look into your relationships in positive way. 

https://news.avclub.com/heres-what-its-like-when-your-ex-ends-up-dating-lady-ga-1841960934/amp

Other articles on same topic :

Lady Gaga is Perfect for your Ex. 

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2020/02/lady-gaga-is-perfect-for-your-ex.html

Link for the article. Please note this isn't the original article. For some reason I have to sign up for original article written by some other news channel. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

People who are acting like she's still hung up on Michael: Um, hello, she's engaged to someone else. He was the one who viewed her Instagram photo, not the other way around. For all we know, the NYT may have asked to her to write something since her ex is dating Gaga. Seven years together with someone is a long time, and let's face it, if any of us had an ex dating LG, the whole thing would be surreal to us too. This isn't a piece pining for Michael, nor is it a piece critical of LG, nor is it a piece prying into their personal lives and revealing secrets. Note that she didn't divulge any particulars of her relationship with Michael, and she didn't say anything about him and Gaga that hadn't already been picked up by the press. 

Yes, it's weird, and yes, there's a bit of shade cast at Michael, but this isn't some tell-all exposé.  

I think the thing about mentioning that even he looks at an ex's IG, was a callback that ultimately  underscores exactly what she was trying to say in the piece: 

You want to unsubscribe? Well, you can’t.

It wasn't shade at all: he liked the vid. It was exemplifying a shared humanity.

I realized we’re actually all the same: strangers, smiling on a screen.

I think this section is the crux of the piece...

Spoiler

Social media in 2020 is so ingrained that it’s no longer a supplement or even an addiction. It’s just an accelerated extension of the way humans have always behaved. We live in a culture of constant updates. You want to unsubscribe? Well, you can’t.

In some ways this is the natural, if absurd, arc of my generation’s entire adult life. In a vertical cascade of photos, I watch my friends’ ex-boyfriends nurturing the pregnancies of the nice-looking women they married instead

... I keep following, a passive but not unwilling audience

.... I mix “real” celebrities with people I know and I can curate it all however I want. Then I scrolled through Instagram and saw a post from Lady Gaga: she was sitting in her new boyfriend’s lap.

Friends from college liked it — along with nearly three million others

She's asking what we all probably ask after experiencing something similar, online or irl: What do I do with these feelings?

Get depressed? Jealous? NO! 

She took a page out of Gagas book and Sis stepped 👏 her 👏 p#ssy 👏UP!👏

If Lady Gaga can do what she wants, and even expand on what she wants, why not me, too?

zooey deschanel kit GIF

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

It's funny how people on GGD staunchly defend their right to have an opinion, but when an actual Opinion Editor gives her opinion in an opinion piece ( that's actually empowering and sweet) it's weird somehow

This Guy Lol GIF by Justin

PS: And she did not say that they had a bad romance. It was actually a really deft way to drop in the coincidence that BR was everywhere the exact year they broke up.:oops:

If you (re)read carefully, you'll notice she tries her best to be indirect and respectful toward Gaga and Micheal.

I'm still drunk I was reading this 59 times thinking they already broke up and HE wrote this :selena:
Was such a good read though!

Modern Ecstasy2
8 minutes ago, Magui said:

there's more articles about this?! I saw the one on NYT, someone posted on other thread. 

There is nothing new in this article. It’s just talking about the NYP piece she wrote.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

BadMonster3
13 hours ago, LeBlanc said:

First things first, I had no idea where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Anyway, I just saw this article while searching 'Lady Gaga' into Google since it's super fun to do whenever she is making headlines. But yeah anyway I saw an article written by someone who works for The NY Times about being in a relationship with Polansky for 7 years before they broke up and then one day discovering he is now dating Lady Gaga.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/opinion/lady-gaga-boyfriend.html

I think you get one good chance to read it before having to subscribe or something so I couldn't post the article's text here unfortunately. It's quite a good read and she doesn't come off salty or bitter. Instead she actually has a good mindset and starts trying to live with a more 'Gaga' mindset.

Edit - OMG I'm a mess I thought he was called Michael Parker lmao

That was a really great read. 

JesseBabe

I don't really think it's weird that she wrote this piece about her ex dating an A-list celebrity (I do think it's shady NYT posted in before SL was released though :neyde:). She doesn't sound bitter or still caught up on Michael at all, she just sounds surprised lol. Like, can you imagine spending almost a decade with somebody, you break up, and then years down the line find out they're dating Lady Gaga, one of the most famous woman in the US? I kept trying to put myself in her shoes, but I could not imagine.

3 hours ago, JesseBabe said:

I don't really think it's weird that she wrote this piece about her ex dating an A-list celebrity (I do think it's shady NYT posted in before SL was released though :neyde:). She doesn't sound bitter or still caught up on Michael at all, she just sounds surprised lol. Like, can you imagine spending almost a decade with somebody, you break up, and then years down the line find out they're dating Lady Gaga, one of the most famous woman in the US? I kept trying to put myself in her shoes, but I could not imagine.

I actually think the article was dropped at the perfect moment.

The experience, and the famous named attached, is the exact type of question that would stir up banter on  morning zoo radio, AM and afternoon talk shows, pop culture TV  and podcasts: Has your ex dated someone famous? 

So now, shows that would normally have no reason to just mention someone's single dropping,  had a reason to have Gaga's  name in their mouths all Stupid Love Eve! It was a topic in The View.

FREE PUBLICITY BABY! :huntyga:

And those that went looking for that "Gaga article", would also find ever increasing  results  about Stupid Love = article essentially buried.

Perfect 😁

Archived