💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

The Man - Taylor Swift

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Defmix100

Does Taylor Swift, one of the biggest celebrities in the world, think she would have been more successful if she was a man?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlopSlurper
8 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Does Taylor Swift, one of the biggest celebrities in the world, think she would have been more successful if she was a man?

If she was a man she wouldn't be the butt of the dating/writing songs about her exes jokes for several years. They wouldn't say oh she's playing the victim whenever she talks about the things she faces etc.

This also isn't just exclusive to Taylor, remember when the R. Kelly drama was happening? No male artist was forced to apologise and was being cancelled for working with him, just Gaga

OMonster
28 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's just stereotyping toxic masculinity.  I don't think it's an attack on all men. 

I know, and I did love the video - but, I just, I think straight men are demonised a lot lately in the media. Any man that isn't LGBT or an ethnic minority is kind of 'cancelled' just for who they are. 

And whilst I know Taylor isn't sending that exact message, this video does kind of play into that narrative a little. 

I get, it though - she's dragging a certain KIND of man. 

But if a male artist made a video that dragged a certain kind of woman, it'd be a totally different story. 

The tables have turned in the media in terms of gender. And I am so glad that the representation of women has changed over recent years, but I don't think women should be raised on the crushing of men and 'male traits'. 

subtext / fantasy

It's a bit annoying that this bitch had 2 months to release this ****ing MV and she drops it 1 day before Gaga :rip:  I am a taylor stan btw, so don't drag me lol. 

It's trending on twitter with 260k tweets and it's a really cute video, but what should be trending rn is Gaga.

Anyway she'll be trending tomorrow so it's okay, but still :party: 

With that said, I loved the Man video, it's very fun. 

SpamMusubi

I was so shook to find out that was actually taylor:giveup:ughh she looks so good as a guy:nooo::heart:

Sushi is my one true passion

Glamourpuss
Just now, OMonster said:

I know, and I did love the video - but, I just, I think straight men are demonised a lot lately in the media. Any man that isn't LGBT or an ethnic minority is kind of 'cancelled' just for who they are. 

And whilst I know Taylor isn't sending that exact message, this video does kind of play into that narrative a little. 

I get, it though - she's dragging a certain KIND of man. 

But if a male artist made a video that dragged a certain kind of woman, it'd be a totally different story. 

The tables have turned in the media in terms of gender. And I am so glad that the representation of women has changed over recent years, but I don't think women should be raised on the crushing of men and 'male traits'. 

I do agree with you to some extent but I also think about people like Harvey Weinstein. How all that went on for years and just recently he's been vilified for the rotten things he's done and gotten away with for decades. He's the typical slimeball this video is poking fun at. It seems like this is the right time for pop culture to mock that toxicity because it will help put an end to it once and for all. I see it as shining a spotlight on it and showing how it's not something to aspire to. 

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, Mariano said:

It's a bit annoying that this bitch had 2 months to release this ****ing MV and she drops it 1 day before Gaga :rip:  I am a taylor stan btw, so don't drag me lol. 

It's trending on twitter with 260k tweets and it's a really cute video, but what should be trending rn is Gaga.

Anyway she'll be trending tomorrow so it's okay, but still :party: 

With that said, I loved the Man video, it's very fun. 

Hummmm :koons:

They can share the space :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Hummmm :koons:

They can share the space :ohwell:

I know sis, it's not a big deal, I'm just a bit irked cuz I know a lot of Swifties would go hard for Gaga, but now htey are busy stanning The Man MV lol 

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

The whole story is in her Netflix documentaries, Miss Americana. 

It's more to that men, esp white men, seems to get a pass a lot for doing lots of things. 

Exhibit A:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Magneto

Amazing lyrics, super important message and this grea video pushes it even further

The song itself however still remains subpar imo and I wish I liked it more

Free my mind

Defmix100
24 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

If she was a man she wouldn't be the butt of the dating/writing songs about her exes jokes for several years. They wouldn't say oh she's playing the victim whenever she talks about the things she faces etc.

This also isn't just exclusive to Taylor, remember when the R. Kelly drama was happening? No male artist was forced to apologise and was being cancelled for working with him, just Gaga

yeah it was definitely wrong that Gaga was being called out when he worked with so many male artists.

But do you really think Taylor would be at the same level with the same success and number of fans if she was a guy?

Archived