new video

The Man - Taylor Swift

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Okay, I actually loved the kind of double reveal at the end. It really makes you think about the whole video in retrospect, which is well done!

Also, while this song isnt my fave at all from Lover, and the video is so-so overall, I do love that this is the kind of thing that anti-feminists and meninists would absolutely HATE 

Schadenfreude! :huntyga: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

rasclautmangos

Omfg it was Taylor at the end lmao

I enjoyed it, I wasn't expecting a humorous video, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

literally in the middle of the video i was all "where the FVCK is taylor who the FVCK is this cvnt BYE" and that ending with that plot twist came and my mind felt mended by it... WHEW

and that serena williams thing with the tennis thing... wow. "a man is allowed to react. a woman can only overreact."

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

This was pretty awesome. I am a bit afraid the headline “Taylor goes undercover as a man” will steal views from “Gaga saves the world on a beautiful planet” :interestinga:

but, very proud of taylor ! Huge accomplishment 

PutUrPawsUp
1 hour ago, GaGaAst said:

Can Gaga also create this please. 

Gaga already done this sh*t back in You and I and On VMA:koons:

GaGaAst
31 minutes ago, PutUrPawsUp said:

Gaga already done this sh*t back in You and I and On VMA:koons:

This thread was created before release of video. It had countdown. I was talking about that sis. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, OMonster said:

Loved the video, but reflecting on it - I always find it a little unsettling how pop stars kind of judge all men by the same, stereotypical standard. 

There's something really hypocritical about a person bringing down another person when they're very outspoken about not bringing people down - especially based on an innate trait like gener.

It's always a little harmful to men who AREN'T the way that pop stars / the media portray men to be. 

Taylor has a lot of gay fans (as do all pop stars), and what about men with mental health issues and insecurities?

To have a video that basically says - yeah, this is what men are - is a little, idk, unsettling in SOME ways. 

I know it's just a fun video, and I really enjoyed it. And I totally understand (and hate) that women have been portrayed in a horrible light in the media, too, but I guess I just don't like the principle of 'when they go low, we'll go lower' - do you know what I mean?

I genuinely think that portraying men in this way is harmful and wrong when, around the world, it is actually men who are dying the most of suicide and mental health problems. And obviously one video isn't going to cause any trouble; but it's part of a wider narrative that's forming around how men are 'wrong' and not part of the 'woke' world anymore.

Drag me! 

It's just stereotyping toxic masculinity.  I don't think it's an attack on all men. 

audrey horne

Mmh yeah no, I still can't picture Taylor as a credible misandrist. Or even just a genuine feminist.  

Archived