Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moonlight on Water

if there is going to be an announcement, i'm hoping it will be an announcement for the album cover and release date

she/her

Rifek
36 minutes ago, Felixorfelicia said:

Just asking but what do you see as proper promo? Cuz to me there’s already a lot of promo happening no? Billboards in the most crowded cities, instagram ads, a twitter heart hashtag, radio interviews etc

Tv performances are gonna happen soon i’m sure 

Lyric video

The TikTok collab

NYC Candids of Gaga in SL style 

Radio interviews (since we got only one :selena:

More IG/Twitter posts with the links leading to SL 

TV performance 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Petrichor
3 minutes ago, Julien Mayer said:

On Fnac France the release date is April 28

Link?

voidfigure
13 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

If its just preorders without an album cover or track list...

angry viral moments GIF

It's very likely that it won't have the tracklist revealed, just like ARTPOP and Joanne, so prepare yourself for disappointment 

metalguru
20 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Firstly, its "Gaga" not "GaGa".

Secondly, what does "core Gaga" mean? Gaga to me is the definition of enigma. What does enigma mean? Well "a person or thing that is mysterious or difficult to understand.". For example, when you expect Gaga to do something, she'll do something unexpected. Gaga is one of the few pop stars to ever grace this earth that has been unpredictable. You cannot put Gaga in a box and say "oh thats Gaga, thats the type of music she does".  So for me, the minute Gaga becomes predictable interms of music and artistry, thats when she deviates from being "Gaga".

Thirdly, no one has heard LG6 yet. We have one single released. She doesn't have to have her "Lemonade" right in this moment but I reckon (with the producers she is working with) she will bring back dance pop to the front. Stupid Love has disco influences, which hardly anyone has, and also 80/90s dance influences. Gaga herself said the aim for this album was to make people dance and be happy. There is  no set agenda or theme other than to make peoples days better. LG6 could be massive

Fourthly, Stupid Love may appear to be "generic" but its not. No one else can pull of Stupid Love. People were comparing it to Dua Lipas music... but the truth is that Dua's recent songs are nothing like Stupid Love. Dua doesn't go all the way with the disco influences, and especially in DSN, its more funky. But its very basic, not much too it. Stupid Love, on the other hand, has some great vocal moments that keep you interested, the vocal sample is so catchy, and the instrumentation is really heavy. Why? Because the aim is for people to dance. Its not the most complex thing in the world, but its far from being basic. Its definitely different to whats on the radio. People have compared this song to a 90s dance track with Whitney like vocals. Nobody is doing that.

Fithly, Stupid Love (and LG6) could reignite the desire for great pop songs that doesn't have to be serious all the time. It could restart the dance pop era again. We could see movement like Justin Bieber's Purpose and how that change the landscape, or even a "Joanne" moment where people were going indie. Every era (except from maybe ARTPOP) has had some impact on the music industry and change pop culture. Gaga becomes the trend. 

Also, Gaga doesn't need to be groundbreaking 24/7. You shouldn't worry about stuff like that, just plug in and enjoy the music. Stupid Love is a banger and I have no doubt in my mind LG6 will be equally as good. She is always evolving as an artist, and this is no different. She is definitely expanding her horizons, even working with people who aren't really known/popular yet like Boys Noize and SOPHIE. She is always moving forward 

Thank you for your careful answer. I think you are right. And now I am also thinking that she is doing a counter-move by going full-blown pop while everybody else try so hard to look interesting. Enigma prelude melodies were fresh beyond imagination -mix of Bowie Earthling and NIN. I am sure she would hit all the right buttons with this album. Stupid Love is not basic at all, its careful lightness is quite purposeful!

Also, how nice to have a dialogue about music. 

Lawrence
Just now, voidfigure said:

It's very likely that it won't have the tracklist revealed, just like ARTPOP and Joanne, so prepare yourself for disappointment 

angry viral moments GIF

mightyriverz

i'm lowkey shocked cause i just found out Shallow is holding a higher position than Y*mmy both on iTunes US and WW, I guess talent still wins

page queen GIF

HookerOnAChurch
16 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

I’m feeling an announcement at noon EST.

So it means still a couple of hours at least? 

HookerOnAChurch
8 minutes ago, Julien Mayer said:

On Fnac France the release date is April 28

monique i would like to see it GIF

Lawrence
2 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

So it means still a couple of hours at least? 

hour and 10 minutes 

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived