FATCAT

Featured Posts

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, metalguru said:

Honest question. I need replies. 

I truly adore SL. It is much needed light touch of pop. But one cannot say it is groundbreaking or frontier. I was hoping that LG6 would be her Lemonade or Ray of Light or Low, you name it, one of those albums come with enormous critical success, surprising game changers etc. SL getting great reviews but it seems to me that LG6 is more back to core GaGa than reaching further. Too early to talk, but also first singles are always dictate the narrative of an album. No complain, just curiosity!

Firstly, its "Gaga" not "GaGa".

Secondly, what does "core Gaga" mean? Gaga to me is the definition of enigma. What does enigma mean? Well "a person or thing that is mysterious or difficult to understand.". For example, when you expect Gaga to do something, she'll do something unexpected. Gaga is one of the few pop stars to ever grace this earth that has been unpredictable. You cannot put Gaga in a box and say "oh thats Gaga, thats the type of music she does".  So for me, the minute Gaga becomes predictable interms of music and artistry, thats when she deviates from being "Gaga".

Thirdly, no one has heard LG6 yet. We have one single released. She doesn't have to have her "Lemonade" right in this moment but I reckon (with the producers she is working with) she will bring back dance pop to the front. Stupid Love has disco influences, which hardly anyone has, and also 80/90s dance influences. Gaga herself said the aim for this album was to make people dance and be happy. There is  no set agenda or theme other than to make peoples days better. LG6 could be massive

Fourthly, Stupid Love may appear to be "generic" but its not. No one else can pull of Stupid Love. People were comparing it to Dua Lipas music... but the truth is that Dua's recent songs are nothing like Stupid Love. Dua doesn't go all the way with the disco influences, and especially in DSN, its more funky. But its very basic, not much too it. Stupid Love, on the other hand, has some great vocal moments that keep you interested, the vocal sample is so catchy, and the instrumentation is really heavy. Why? Because the aim is for people to dance. Its not the most complex thing in the world, but its far from being basic. Its definitely different to whats on the radio. People have compared this song to a 90s dance track with Whitney like vocals. Nobody is doing that.

Fithly, Stupid Love (and LG6) could reignite the desire for great pop songs that doesn't have to be serious all the time. It could restart the dance pop era again. We could see movement like Justin Bieber's Purpose and how that change the landscape, or even a "Joanne" moment where people were going indie. Every era (except from maybe ARTPOP) has had some impact on the music industry and change pop culture. Gaga becomes the trend. 

Also, Gaga doesn't need to be groundbreaking 24/7. You shouldn't worry about stuff like that, just plug in and enjoy the music. Stupid Love is a banger and I have no doubt in my mind LG6 will be equally as good. She is always evolving as an artist, and this is no different. She is definitely expanding her horizons, even working with people who aren't really known/popular yet like Boys Noize and SOPHIE. She is always moving forward 

End Racism Now

BabylonHooker

Gaga is not so active on social media, but she was when she promoted Haus Labs, why? :poot:

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

Moonlight on Water
2 hours ago, BabylonHooker said:

Gaga is not so active on social media, but she was when she promoted Haus Labs, why? :poot:

because she's busy doing certain things

secret smell GIF

she/her

BabylonHooker
Just now, Cookies said:

secret smell GIF

hopefully :legend:

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

COOOK

So now that the ‘LG6 Discussion’ thread is over, I feel like Cromati-KAWH! KAAWHH! KAAWWWWH!!!
Bird Reaction GIF by moodman

Lawrence
6 minutes ago, BabylonHooker said:

She’s stuck on Chromatica still trying to keep the peace :kara:

GypsyMonster

So who thinks something is coming 

as Mr.S said save the dates 27/02 and 02/03? (from uk that’s why month is second :laughga:)

LG2008
9 minutes ago, Cookies said:

secret smell GIF

She better be :teehee:

2 minutes ago, COOOK said:

So now that the ‘LG6 Discussion’ thread is over, I feel like Cromati-KAWH! KAAWHH! KAAWWWWH!!!
Bird Reaction GIF by moodman

Dang it! Now this is all I'm going to hear when I read it! lol.:spin:

S0436

I don’t think she posts on social media at the weekend, even for HLs! But she has now :billie:

FATCAT
13 hours ago, Miel said:

I'm just still kind of shaken that Gaga could potentially be world-building and creating a legitimately consistent narrative between videos? Which she has never really done before, even if Joanne touched on it a little bit? Wow.

Ikr? Imagine a tour centered around this world, imagine her singing with the cla and dangling it over the crowd? Omg I'm shaking

Purr more, hiss less.

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived