Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

Darcklighter22
19 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Well I can't see anything, looks like whatever they posted has now been deleted. :oprah:

This is the same group chat that ended up being how we got the SL stills?

12 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

16 songs

I assume there are 3-4 interludeds.

Exactly! i'm here for it

15 minutes ago, ydnmnme said:

i hope we’re getting paparazzi pics from NY next week :vegas:

Hopefully can't wait for the fashion and interviews :kara:

17 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I would love for this to be true

Would coincide with what was speculated about possibly having interludes on the album

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any stats/numbers for how many listens SL has? I would ask this question in the SL Charts discussion but I can't post there :sweat: 

I do have some stats from Last.fm, I'm not sure how far off this site is from actual listens because I think you have to have an account for it to actually track the listens. "Scrobbles" means listens

https://www.last.fm/music/Lady+Gaga/_/Stupid+Love

Is it good to always say nice things about gaga?
to me, complain about an artist is good because they can get better (just like Dua lipa's dance)

That's why I want to put up some things about Gaga that I'm not enjoying, not because I wanna throw hate, but because I love her so much that I want her best.
I know I will be criticized a lot for this, maybe even get banned by expressing my opinion, but it's okay, at least I will have vented my feelings.
I'm not american, so I'm sorry about my english.

Stupid Love Video: Alot of things there is confusing. The storyline is not well elaborated, the coreography is kinda messy. The costumes are childish.  I miss when her videography was a complement of her song.

Stupid Love Song: I don't understand why she insisted in this leaked song. The lyrics are weak, and the production is generic. I see artists like Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, etc. always improving their sound, but I that Lady gaga downgraded her musical quality. Her sound verged on perfection before the release of ARTPOP. 

Her dance: I know she suffers from fibromyalgia and I argue alot with people that complain about her dance. But that AT&T show she had, she was shaking alot, doing dance steps like she was on drugs. I feel like she could just be softer and make moves clearlier, she doesn't need to be like she used to dance before the hip injury, she just need to look like a diva, not like a "clown" on stage (sorry about this word, but it's how I felt when I watched). 

It's not just me that feels this way, I saw alot of fans saying the same stuff.
Why Lady Gaga lost part of her iconicity and can she overcome this?

p.s.: So sorry to just throw bad things at the beggining of an era, but I really want her to get better because I love her so much. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
7 hours ago, alienwhore said:

I'm pretty sure it is. And I'm also sure that this instrumental is from the song. If you listen closely, it seems like the instrumental says: Ba-Baby-Baby-Baby-Baby-Lon

I’m telling myself this isn’t a song to decrease my hopes because I loved this beat the minute I heard it. It’s AMAZING. However it is hard to imagine vocals fitting over the beat 🤔

1 minute ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I’m telling myself this isn’t a song to decrease my hopes because I loved this beat the minute I heard it. It’s AMAZING. However it is hard to imagine vocals fitting over the beat 🤔

I think it’s on the album because she made a point of naming the producers of the music on the tweet with this video.  Plus a reliable guy on Reddit leaked clips of SL in January and said this HL ad is a song and it’s amazing.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
10 hours ago, Fosho said:

Is it good to always say nice things about gaga?
to me, complain about an artist is good because they can get better (just like Dua lipa's dance)

That's why I want to put up some things about Gaga that I'm not enjoying, not because I wanna throw hate, but because I love her so much that I want her best.
I know I will be criticized a lot for this, maybe even get banned by expressing my opinion, but it's okay, at least I will have vented my feelings.
I'm not american, so I'm sorry about my english.

Stupid Love Video: Alot of things there is confusing. The storyline is not well elaborated, the coreography is kinda messy. The costumes are childish.  I miss when her videography was a complement of her song.

Stupid Love Song: I don't understand why she insisted in this leaked song. The lyrics are weak, and the production is generic. I see artists like Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, etc. always improving their sound, but I that Lady gaga downgraded her musical quality. Her sound verged on perfection before the release of ARTPOP. 

Her dance: I know she suffers from fibromyalgia and I argue alot with people that complain about her dance. But that AT&T show she had, she was shaking alot, doing dance steps like she was on drugs. I feel like she could just be softer and make moves clearlier, she doesn't need to be like she used to dance before the hip injury, she just need to look like a diva, not like a "clown" on stage (sorry about this word, but it's how I felt when I watched). 

It's not just me that feels this way, I saw alot of fans saying the same stuff.
Why Lady Gaga lost part of her iconicity and can she overcome this?

p.s.: So sorry to just throw bad things at the beggining of an era, but I really want her to get better because I love her so much. 

While I truly respect your opinion and am not the type to get bent out of shape when I hear criticism towards Gaga, I do acknowledge when things are unfounded with little support. Call it the future psychologist in me. So let’s begin:

1.) I totally acknowledge this wasn’t Gaga’s greatest video. However, I do enjoy it better than Edge of Glory and don’t think it’s her “worst” because none have been bad. Obviously they were limited with the iPhone promo thing. I still stand by the fact that was a smart idea. The Apple page, the ads on YT, (my mom said she saw one while watching MTV last night too) were all an incredible marketing technique. Also, seeing as it was only filmed on the iPhone with the use of steadicam and drones, I think it’s a pretty remarkable feat, especially when we found out nothing was filmed behind green screens. For me, I love the choreography and was so happy (and kinda proud) that 90% of the vid is new choreo, while trying to remain objective, I genuinely think it’s in top 4 choreo for a Gaga song ever. While none of us are medical experts for Gaga and know her current physical state, she really fuc***g went for it. And I applaud her for that. 

2.) In terms of story, I think it’s quite easier to understand than videos like You + I and TEOG. I love this video because it’s different for Gaga. It isn’t an epic 10-minute film but a short & sweet video set during an intergalactic battle where Gaga is trying to push forth and seek love in today’s (literally and politically) messy climate. It’s also a teaser and intro to the philosophy of the album that she further corroborated in her interview with Zane Lowe. I honestly think it’s hard to judge the video until knowing more information about the album. But the aesthetic is clear and fresh, I thought she looked absolutely beautiful. Was it her most high budget costumes? No. Of course not. But the accessories, pink hair, and meme-ability make me think it was a fine first entry into the new era. 

3.) And, finally, while I’m trying to stay respectful and argue with your points in a professional and nonjudgmental manner, calling yourself a Gaga fan but also calling her a “clown” is just disrespectful. I’m still pressed at some monsters criticism of Gaga after wanting her to return to this exact version of herself since after ARTPOP. Honestly makes me wonder if anything she does will ever be good enough again for some people :bradley:

MrHappy

Stupid Love music video is growing on me, at the begining I didnt like it at all but now its looks so natural so raw (in a good way) and camera moves makes u feel like youre watching in first person not from the screen. but still editing could be better.

4 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

While I truly respect your opinion and am not the type to get bent out of shape when I hear criticism towards Gaga, I do acknowledge when things are unfounded with little support. Call it the future psychologist in me. So let’s begin:

1.) I totally acknowledge this wasn’t Gaga’s greatest video. However, I do enjoy it better than Edge of Glory and don’t think it’s her “worst” because none have been bad. Obviously they were limited with the iPhone promo thing. I still stand by the fact that was a smart idea. The Apple page, the ads on YT, (my mom said she saw one while watching MTV last night too) were all an incredible marketing technique. Also, seeing as it was only filmed on the iPhone with the use of steadicam and drones, I think it’s a pretty remarkable feat, especially when we found out nothing was filmed behind green screens. For me, I love the choreography and was so happy (and kinda proud) that 90% of the vid is new choreo, while trying to remain objective, I genuinely think it’s in top 4 choreo for a song ever. While none of us are medical experts for Gaga and now her current physical state, she really fuc***g went for it. And I applaud her for that. 

In terms of story, I think it’s quite easier to understand than videos like You + I and TEOG. I love this video because it’s different for Gaga. It isn’t an epic 10-minute film but a short & sweet video set during an intergalactic battle where Gaga is trying to push forth and seek love in today’s (literally and politically) messy climate. It’s also a teaser and intro to the philosophy of the album that she further corroborated in her interview with Zane Lowe. I honestly think it’s hard to judge the video until knowing more information about the album. But the aesthetic is clear and fresh, I thought she looked absolutely beautiful. Was it her most high budget costumes? No. Of course not. But the accessories, pink hair, and meme-ability make me think it was a fine first entry into the new era. 

And, finally, while I’m trying to stay respectful and argue with your points in a professional and nonjudgmental manner, calling yourself a Gaga fan but also calling her a “clown” is just disrespectful. I’m still pressed at some monsters criticism of Gaga after wanting her to return to this exact version of herself since after ARTPOP. Honestly makes me wonder if anything she does will ever be good enough again for some people :bradley:

thank you for your opinion and sorry for being "disrespectful"

xoxo Craig
23 minutes ago, Darcklighter22 said:

This is the same group chat that ended up being how we got the SL stills?

Exactly! i'm here for it

Hopefully can't wait for the fashion and interviews :kara:

Would coincide with what was speculated about possibly having interludes on the album

Nah if there are interludes on a 16 track album, I hope there is only one or two

End Racism Now

MrHappy
4 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Was it her most high budget costumes? No. Of course not. 

You know actually thats not that important.

What is popular nowadays and what fashion critics prefer is to wear designs of successful and original artists that are not known, and Gaga always doing that. Did u see jacket's designer ig page he is not known but he is great. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

You know actually thats not that important.

What is popular nowadays and what fashion critics prefer is to wear designs of successful and original artists that are not known, and Gaga always doing that. Did u see jacket's designer ig page he is not known but he is great. 

Lmao I mean I agree but did you really take out the only part I was critical in my long manifesto defending gaga to comment on that? I agree with you though lol 

Godmatica

Another insider from ATRL just said that the pre-order is coming this Monday morning. Maybe he's not as reliable as MR.S, but I still believe him.

CHROMATICA is coming :firega:

I think Gaga is the best artist in pop industry and she can do everything. We all know she has a strong personality and this is Why she lost a lot of members from Haus Of Gaga. Gaga's job is great. We all know she does the best she can at the moment but her team is kinda lazy and don't tell the truth and don't do their best because it seens like a family. When they prepare to launch something they must separate work and friendship.

Darcklighter22
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Nah if there are interludes on a 16 track album, I hope there is only one or two

What would be your ideal track number to have include  a few interludes?

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived