💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would you be down if SL's music video is a short film?

Woohoo

Featured Posts

This time, an actual cinematic film now that her acting has received so many praise, in an outrun 90's style sci-fi film :pray: she served in marry the night and g.u.y, also with the 3 sequels thing in joanne

would it be a good idea or would the YT views count flop?

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

dynamite

Eh, short films can be cool but I don't think a simple pop song without an actual storyline really needs one

Marry The Night made perfect sense, not sure Stupid Love would 

I don't think the GUY film parts were particularly great either it seemed ... random 

not Chromatica
6 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I don't think a simple pop song without an actual storyline really needs one

Telephone rang...

dynamite
2 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

Telephone rang...

Oop I forgot that wasn't just a standard video :enigma:, my post applies to that too then 

I'm not fully against it, I'd watch it once lol

Loyalty

Maybe later on in the era.

I pray that the MV is not a short film that we’d have to skip through to get to the song. 

She did this before, quite a bit, and it didn't work for me... So hopefully she does a video for the goddamn song and doesn't attach a 5 minute piece to it that adds nothing and only makes the GP confused.

tomdsgn

My personal preference: The thing for me is once the song starts do not stop it. Don’t stop it for dialogue, don’t add in longer instrumentation to add in extra scenes. 

I don’t care what happens either side, I just want a non-stop, show stopping video in the middle. 

That’s not to say it can’t and hasn’t been done well, it’s just not my cuppa. But I’m always excited and open to her ideas. 

tomdsgn
14 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Eh, short films can be cool but I don't think a simple pop song without an actual storyline really needs one

Music videos usually add a layer of narrative to songs that don’t already have a strong narrative. 

And sometimes the narrative of a song is different to the narrative of the video, too. 

RabbitHeart

I'd love for the album to have a short film come out alongside it, tying together multiple songs from the album (I'm thinking of Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer). G.U.Y. is pretty close to what I'm thinking but I'd rather it be focused on the whole record than it be primarily centered on one song.  Also, if the album is actually titled Chromatica, I'd love for the film to be loosely based on the film Gattaca or on the Bayonetta video games (or both???)

For SL, if there is an acting portion of the video, I'd prefer it not be super long (a la Alejandro, Telephone, BTW, MTN). My ideal would be something like Judas or even Paparazzi (7:30 is around the longest I'd want).

I'd be here for one short film video during the era, I always think its a Gaga signature to do so, but now she's in that Hollywood realm its really got to be up to that standard - I think the GP will be expecting much more from Gaga especially when it comes to her acting/telling a story.

It'd be cool if she did a collab with a known director or something.

RochestrMonstr
17 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I'd love another trilogy.

But without a Million Reasons-like song please :ally:

I hope we still get a couple ballads like MR! Even if the album I’m general is more upbeat. 

Archived