💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you here for interludes on 'Chromatica'?

lodylody

Are you here for interludes on 'Chromatica'?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you here for interludes on 'Chromatica'?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

lodylody

One thing I've loved about certain albums has been interludes. Interludes can be as little as 5-second spoken snippets, to one and a half minutes of sung or spoken words over an instrumental, or full-length tracks that are pretty much songs in their own right. I find that they can really enhance the album experience, and help to fill gaps in any story or theme that the album is trying to communicate.

Interludes are one thing I have always wanted Gaga to do, especially when she's done her more concept-led albums. The name 'Chromatica' is quite sophisticated and detailed, and does slightly remind me of ARTPOP (don't hate :air: ). ARTPOP is the album I believe could've most benefited thus far from interludes.

So the question is, are you here for interludes on 'Chromatica'? If so, or if not, why?

Here are some examples of interludes:

Spoiler

Tove Lo - The Love (Interlude) - used to divide the album into sections about different phases of a relationship

Lana Del Rey - Burnt Norton (Interlude) - reciting part of a T.S. Eliot poem over a really pretty instrumental

Halsey - SUGA's Interlude - lyrically original, and basically acts as a short song, so pretty!

Red Velvet

First of all, I love all the interludes you posted especially Halsey and Suga's.

Interludes in the tour will be really a big YES. 

Interludes in songs are questionable.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

ryhanna

No, I really really hate them. I just want an album as a collection of songs. 

When interludes come up when I'm playing music it's an automatic *hits skip button* 

lodylody
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

If they have melodies and instrumentals yes. I'm not here for spoken interludes.

Personally, I really wasn't a fan of Tove Lo's interludes. But Burnt Norton felt very pretty.

I think for me the best interlude would be one that's not a full song (otherwise, why is it an interlude? It's just a song?), and one that doesn't follow a normal structure, but as you said, one with an instrumental for sure, and melodies. I'm not against spoken word however.

Given the Enigma-esque vibes in the picture, I can kinda imagine Enigma-style interludes with that high voice :air: 

PartySick

A few of Janet Jackson's albums have interludes too. As long as the songs can be played without the interlude then I'm 100% here for it :flutter:

🖤

FfFfFfFF
8 minutes ago, lodylody said:

Personally, I really wasn't a fan of Tove Lo's interludes. But Burnt Norton felt very pretty.

I think for me the best interlude would be one that's not a full song (otherwise, why is it an interlude? It's just a song?), and one that doesn't follow a normal structure, but as you said, one with an instrumental for sure, and melodies. I'm not against spoken word however.

Given the Enigma-esque vibes in the picture, I can kinda imagine Enigma-style interludes with that high voice :air: 

Burnt Norton is a spoken interlude I love exceptionally because I adore Honeymoon and the poetry really adds to the vibe.

I liked Halsey's interludes for Manic and Rihanna's for Anti because they are kind of short unconventional songs like you are saying and I play them like regular songs.

Davian

I love interludes if they are done well. Janet Jackson always has multiple interludes, but I'm not a fan of them. Most are very short and only feature talking. They have no replay value at all.

Good examples of interludes I love are Xtina's. She has some on almost every album and I love them! They fit the album, make sense and have replay value. I would love Gaga to do an album-intro!:tony:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

it's nice when you listen to the album from the first song to the last song but annoying when you shuffle it imo

hot blondes in odd positions

Tom Bradley

I would DIE if she had interludes on this album. I love when an album is a full experience, and I feel like interludes really create an experience. I love nothing more than a strong concept album with amazing visuals and amazing interludes :selena: 

sillynate

Double Dutchess had some great interludes (elevator music before MILF $ was so killer) 

I’d be here for some like that

If they make sense on the album and are very good, yes. There are albums with totally useless interludes, like on Am I A Girl by Poppy...

VictoriaWinters

I would like one or two interludes that can also stand alone as their own song. Definitely not one between every song though. I would also love LG6 to be one of those albums where every song fades directly into the next one (think Confessions by Madonna.) 

Also, Burnt Norton is a masterpiece and adds so much to the experience of Honeymoon. That album is criminally underrated. :lana:

Xoxo, Victoria

Archived