Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do YOU want Stupid Love as the lead?

BARCODE

Do you want SL as the lead?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want SL as the lead?

• Yes! Perfect pop comeback!
    • No. I want dance pop, but not dated dance pop.
    • I'm okay if it is. Indifferent.

Featured Posts

BARCODE

Well? 

Part of me feels like it's too late at this point. 

I like the song....but I'm not stanning it. 

Its feels like a cute track #12 though. :ohwell: it's kind of like MJH, or Highway Unicorn, or Teeth, or Come to Mama, or I Like It Rough....

Like...I won't turn it off, but I'm already not looking it up. It's become even more basic than The Cure to me.

Like the whole concept of wanting someone's love or admiration no matter what is a little overkill in pop and honestly she already kinda did that on this lesser known song called Bad Romance and 10x better. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

Nah. It feels like its moment has been and gone and won't feel new and exciting when it's announced, even if it has a more finished production. I want the lead single to be unexpected. I wasn't impressed with SL even when when I first heard it tbh.

BARCODE
6 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Nah. It feels like its moment has been and gone and won't be new when it's announced, even if it has a different production. I wasn't impressed with it when when I first heard it tbh.

Yeah it was fun for a week because of the hype....but after really going back to it....its not particularly edgy, the chorus is repetitive yet somehow still forgettable...none of the bridges are really clever or anything...and it sounds too much like a BTW leftover. 

I feel like...I just expect her at this point to really deliver a great concept and if this is her opening up an era to "the mind" as she told Oprah....I'm kinda like...wtf....no. Where are the clever, dark humored lyrics of TF and TFM? And even though this sounds like BTW...at least BTW had a big message behind it. This has no level of depth. It's just a fun club beat. 

I need the high brow over the good production...not just a great production. And even this production is....lacking. 

Andreu

if you guys are tired of SL because you have had it on loop for the last month that's your fault not Gaga's :ohwell:

TWICE on hatius

I don’t see many artists have the best songs as their leads, except Beyoncé (formation was the strongest lead I have ever seen)

for example,

Taylor leads: WANGBT, SIO and Me! were all terrible choices.

So I can live with SL being the lead. At least we don’t have to spell team without me and or jam to hey little monster spelling is fun.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

FfFfFfFF

On one hand I love the song and think is has great potential to perform well, on the other hand I got bored of it so I'd rather have something new.

BARCODE
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

if you are tired of SL because you have had it on loop for the last month that's your fault not Gaga's :ohwell:

Um...A) haven't had it on loop

B) Even Joanne got more wanted play than this. I think I literally burned my copy of my Born This Way CD in 3 months that I had to go buy another copy of it. 

Andreu
1 minute ago, BARCODE said:

Um...A) haven't had it on loop

B) Even Joanne got more wanted play than this. I think I literally burned my copy of my Born This Way CD in 3 months that I had to go buy another copy of it. 

ummm A) If I aimed my comment at you I would have quoted you :air:

BARCODE

I think fans are so desperate for music right now (especially some form of a true pop comeback) they are lowering their standards. 

If you put this track on TF, TFM, BTW, or ARTPOP (it wouldn't even fit on Joanne) then most of you would probably put this as on the lower end of your lists with those albums.

It pumps in dance clubs. Great. 

I just think Gaga can deliver a great pop song and it also be big on radio, streaming, and iTunes. 

Club value is kind of a dying test of a song's strengths because straight club music isn't even popular or taken that seriously right now. 

Shouldn't we be questioning the girl that made club music relevant on radio in 08' if, at this point, she can make a song that only bangs in the club?

She's an Oscar winner hunties. She should be putting out something better than a heavy synth beat and repeating I WANT YOUR STUPID LOVE 50x. 

Unless yall are fans of Yummy too? 

BARCODE
3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

ummm A) If I aimed my comment at you I would have quoted you :air:

You didnt quote anyone so...I think its assumed it was aimed at the OP. Or anyone. Therefore anyone could respond henny. 

TWICE on hatius

I have survived PI peaking 15 and never get platinum. (And kinda embrace same situation for our little baby SL). So I literally couldn’t care less about chart or criticism from judgmental gays. Let’s Gag do the sh!t she wants to lmao. If f slurs want to support or not, it’s their choice hihi.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Archived