Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is Haus Labs a cash grab?

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

LadariousGarage

I have seen countless members complain about how "Haus Labs is a cash grab" and that "Gaga only wants money and doesn't care about her fans"

Which, to be fair, she is prob making that coin off Haus Labs, but what I don't understand how Haus Labs is "only a cash grab"

Was ASIB "just a cash grab" no, I didn't see anyone on this site saying sh*t like that, and it is estimated that she made up too 90 MILLION off that movie alone

and didn't she earn like nearly 50-100 million off The Monster Ball, and roughly the same sum off the BTWB

Each album she has released has likely made her millions, nobody ever said "Oh, The Fame/TFM/BTW/ARTPOP/Joanne was just a cash grab"

she has done countless sponsorship on tour, in her music video's, for companies on instagram, Hey, for a while, (and this may still be true) the Telephone video was the video with the single most company sponsorship, hun, she likely made millions off those sponsorship

So, my point is, she has made MILLIONS off albums, tours, sponsorship, movies, perfumes, etc. and yet Haus Labs is a cash grab, just because she may be making extra money from Haus Labs doesn't make it just a cash grab, I mean, by that logic, EVERYTHING she has done in her career was a cash grab, same thing for every other artist who has ever released a album, been on tour, done sponsorship, had a clothing line, had a makeup brand, made perfumes etc. 

So why is Haus Labs the cash grab, is it because you are bored of waiting for LG6 or............

Anyways, if you truely believe Haus Labs is a cash grab, please explain why

Lets do it baby I know the Law

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
funkyhaus

The makeup industry is already extremely oversaturated, and Haus Labs just doesn’t offer anything new or different, like you’d expect from a Lady Gaga makeup brand :ohwell:

I honestly don’t think Haus Labs would get half the criticism it does though if we had LG6 by now :toofunny:

HoneyB

ASIB and her albums are different though, they aren’t cash grabs because that’s her passion. She’s a singer she loves to sing, perform, and act not only is it her passion/hobby it’s also her job which makes sense. With Haus Labs it just felt completely random and out of the blue which is why some fans potentially view it as a cash grab.

Me personally idc, she can do whatever she wants because I don’t wear makeup and I don’t see any problem with HL. Yeah it sucks not having music but hey you just have to be patient:vegas:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Modern Ecstasy2

Also, don’t we all (okay, most of us) believe that Gaga is one of the most genuine and authentic people on the planet? And someone who is creative, artistic and passionate about many different types of work/art? To me, if people think HL is a gash grab, doesn’t it sort of suggest that you don’t believe that she is genuine in the message and values of her brand, or that make up is another artistic outlet for her, like music and acting or fashion.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

ChromeAngel

I’m very optimistic when it comes to Gaga and I really had high hopes for HL but honestly I’m disappointed. And I’m very rarely disappointed with any decision she makes. If she would’ve jumped in that a few years ago I think it’d be more interesting. So far absolutely nothing has been unique or even really that creative. 

geusst1235

Various fans have been saying that Gaga has sold out for awhile now. For example, some people even disliked Gaga getting sponsored by Doritos during the ARTPOP era, which is absolutely ridiculous. If some of these fans don't enjoy something, then Gaga suddenly becomes disingenuous and the project in question is automatically seen as a cash grab. It truly doesn't make any sense and is actually inconsistent with their opinions on other things she has done throughout her career which were very similar in terms of monetary gain, promotion,etc.

Anyways, I just think that it's very nonsensical to deem something as a "cash grab" simply because one does not like it and is impatient for future projects like LG6.

TWICE on hatius

I think she didn’t want the money but she kinda saw Rihanna succeed with fenty beauty and becoming a household name :laughga:. So she wants that impact which allows her name (and her kindness message) to be ubiquitous like Rihanna. 

she created haus labs not in sense she’s hungry for couple of millions but to make her platform more powerful so she can “change the world”.

...and it kinda flopped compared with Rihanna who has much more significant sponsor from corporations like LVMH (everyone forgets who is really behind Fenty Beauty) 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

I think that your definition of cash grab is different to others'. 

I personally see it as a cash grab not because she "does it for the money", but because so far, HL is the most boring makeup brand Ive seen in recent years. The ads, the packagings, the shades, are, at least as of now, extremely boring. 

Compare it to the FAME perfume, EVERYTHING about it screamed "GAGA" to me. The commercial was insane, the bottle was pretty unique, and the smell and black liquid at least tried to bring something new to the table. Even the launch day were she did the thing where she slept in front of visitors, had that Gaga touch, that extra thing that made the perfume special and not just another popstar fragrance. I dont see any of that in HL.

Biagio2103

Haus Labs is just another dream come true for Gaga. She's very ambicious, and that's something I really like about her. She ain't stupid, she knows music won't be her main money maker in a couple decades.

Gaga is such an amazing artist, she loves and lives for art, but she knows the world we all live in, even back in the day she knew she needed to "betray" her art some times in order to survive in the industry and be able to build an empire for herself where she could do all the art she wanted the way she wanted. I mean, Telephone is just the perfect example, even though it is a bop, it's TFM weakest song (artistic-wise), and no wonder why is Gaga least favorite song. Plus, the mv currently helds the Guinness record for the most product placement in a video.

At least with Haus Labs, Gaga celebrates self-empowerment, acceptance, diversity and bravery, which it's something she's always stand for.

I'm only good at being bad

AdmistTheLight

Nah, if anything it seems like a underwhelming passion project. Too much effort (2 years prep) to be a cash grab, but ultimately comes out as bland.

That combine with the timing of her continuously releasing new products and new music keep allegedly pushed back make fans hate Haus Labs more.

Liberaté mi amor

DoremonLove

Ofcourse its a cash grab for fans since its not lg6 and theres no new music. Everything other thn music is cash grab like even enigma.:ohwell: fans are clear either gaga shuld do what they want or everything by her will be hated:fthis:.

For me its an amazong project something gaga wants to put out and had dreamt of.:kiss: also to ppl saying its an bland or underwhelming and blah blah abt haus labs :fthis:.

How can anoyone not love gaga

DoremonLove
10 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

I think she didn’t want the money but she kinda saw Rihanna succeed with fenty beauty and becoming a household name :laughga:. So she wants that impact which allows her name (and her kindness message) to be ubiquitous like Rihanna. 

she created haus labs not in sense she’s hungry for couple of millions but to make her platform more powerful so she can “change the world”.

...and it kinda flopped compared with Rihanna who has much more significant sponsor from corporations like LVMH (everyone forgets who is really behind Fenty Beauty) 

So acct to YOU haus labs flopped? Its not even a year old and is selling well with amazing reviews. Keep hating like ppl hated ASIB but we all know what happened later.

How can anoyone not love gaga

Gracious Gaga
23 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Also, don’t we all (okay, most of us) believe that Gaga is one of the most genuine and authentic people on the planet? And someone who is creative, artistic and passionate about many different types of work/art? To me, if people think HL is a gash grab, doesn’t it sort of suggest that you don’t believe that she is genuine in the message and values of her brand, or that make up is another artistic outlet for her, like music and acting or fashion.

head nod yes GIF by BrokeJust smile n nod...

♥ Kindness Police.

Modern Ecstasy2
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

head nod yes GIF by BrokeJust smile n nod...

You don’t have to agree, lol :)

To me she is

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

TWICE on hatius
Just now, DoremonLove said:

So acct to YOU haus labs flopped? Its not even a year old and is selling well with amazing reviews. Keep hating like ppl hated ASIB but we all know what happened later.

Girl, I am the biggest haus labs defender here. Haus labs is a successful story like money is flowing into Gaga pocket everyday. No one stops her bag. But Gaga vision kinda flopped since it makes zero impact. Her products are good but they are not new, and too safe. No one, beside her stans, really thinks about going on Amazon and purchase EYE-LIE-NER when their **** runs out. While Fenty products like their foundation line is ****ing inescapable.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Archived