💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Whitney Houston HOLOGRAM Tour is already creeping people out!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur

Whitney Houston hologram tour is already creeping people out!

(CNN) —  There was outcry last year when it was announced that a hologram of Whitney Houston was set to go on tour years after she died. 

That hasn't changed now that folks are getting a sneak peek at the show. 

"An Evening With Whitney : The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour" is set to kick off February 25 in the UK and footage of it making the rounds on British TV is eliciting quite the response.

"I'm not saying the Whitney Houston hologram tour will be a hot mess, but they are suggesting she had as much grace as a malfunctioning The Sims character wafting away a fart on #ThisMorning," one person tweeted. 

The singer, who died in 2012 at the age of 48 after an accidental drowning, is the latest celeb to get the hologram treatment.

Holograms of Tupac and Roy Orbison have also made headlines. 

In 2018, Amy Winehouse's estate announced plans to produce a hologram concert tour to celebrate the singer's legacy.

The Grammy-winning singer died of accidental alcohol poisoning in 2011. She was 27.

Pat Houston, the pop star's sister-in-law, former manager and now president and chief executive officer of her estate said in a statement last year, "Whitney prided herself on her family and that included her fans."

"She adored her audiences and that's why we know she would have loved this holographic theatrical concept," Pat Houston said. "An event at this level is something special and Base Hologram's track record to be fully authentic and respectful made them the perfect partner. This upcoming tour will allow audiences to experience Whitney's amazing voice and passion for music for a long time to come and help them share that magic with future generations."

Base is the company behind the hologram tour.

SOURCE @ https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/entertainment/whitney-houston-hologram-trnd/index.html 

Egypt. W

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Not sure why this is greenlit. And who actually buy tickets for this?!!

I mean I like my Hatsune Miku, but she was never actually alive. Different with these singers who have passed. It just don't feel right. Can't we just let them finally rest??

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

derpmonster

This is glorified video playback :interestinga: And disrespectful. Her label is just trying to make money off of her image.

And it's not even live vocals like :lmao:

Imagine paying $300 to watch music videos in a sweaty arena

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

CautiousLurker

Omg they actually went ahead with this? I remember hearing about it way back when but I thought for sure this idea would be scrapped :wtfga:

Btw, this... is hilarious

10 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

I imagine the audience clapping like this in return :laughga:giphy.gif

Judas Society

Her label and "family" is obviously trying to profit off her even after her death. The greed is coming through here. No disrespect to Whitney but her family is disgusting people who doesn't have enough talent but want the kind of money that a talent would generate for them.

"this is something she wanted"

she wanted to OD and die and then have people profit off of her career by having tours using her projected image?

i think not. 

TimisaMonster

This sounds so much like Ashley O...holograms of dead people still sucking the lifeless remains of artists is the definition of a music industry vampire 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

They did this with Tupac too didnt they? :oprah:

Yeah I never understood Hologram performance by artists who passed away. Playing back on a screen for a tribute sure. A whole performance meant to "reenact" if they were alive always seemed creepy to me. This trend needs to stop. 

"This is something that she wanted to do." like she thought to herself "after I die, hologram me and make a tour" :awkney:

This is so weird, imagine she's glitching during the show and get stuck in a loop like a gif :spin:

It's so disrespectful and creepy

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

En_Sabah_Nur
2 minutes ago, River said:

"This is something that she wanted to do." like she thought to herself "after I die, hologram me and make a tour" :awkney:

This is so weird, imagine she's glitching during the show and get stuck in a loop like a gif :spin:

It's so disrespectful and creepy

....and then imagine people online making a gif out of that moment & spreading it online for humor!  SMDH

Egypt. W

Rat Boy
45 minutes ago, mxnster said:

well..

better than this i guess

giphy.gif

Leave Marilyn Manson out of this.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

En_Sabah_Nur
48 minutes ago, mxnster said:

well..

better than this i guess

giphy.gif

....and sis, what is this?!  You better kill it before it multiples!!!   :sharon:

Egypt. W

Archived