Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

NikkieTutorials shades Ellen

Varys

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, SKANK said:

The Ellen bandwagon hate is so weird, so misguided, so sad.

When Ellen came out, she lost her money, her career, everything. Her sitcom was suddenly considered seedy, and had an "adult content" warning slapped on it. She lost her sponsors. The president of ABC said it was "too much" for public to see a gay woman every week on TV. There were full page ads in magazines accusing her of being an affront to the decency of our country. She received bomb threats. Just for being on her show Laura Dern almost lost her career, and Oprah received death threats for the first time. The Right labeled her "Ellen Degenerate," the NYT accused her of rubbing her sexuality in America's face, and even Elton said she was "too gay." She was the butt of every joke. She was treated like ****, by everyone, for being gay.

If that experience hardened her, and made her bitter, and unkind, I completely understand that. If she is able to set that bitterness aside and preach publicly about the value of kindness, when so little was showed to her? More power to her.

When someone comes out in 2020 they get to go on a positive PR tour and complain because a talk show host didn't give them enough one-on-one time. They don't have to become a reviled pervert who looses their income and social standing. Thank Ellen for that.

I agree with that though! 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ltlmnstr
1 hour ago, Varys said:

why doesn't she stop then? you can see it. She is not intrested or enthusiastic as she used to be

lol money and attention duh

It's an act and she's good at it

I've been over her ever since she gave 10,000 to the Rhodes bros just for coming out of the closet as gay

When there was apparently videos going around like every other attractive cis gay has in the community

Her putting Caitlyn Jenner in her place was nice I guess but still no Trans representation really

Delusional
1 hour ago, evilfaqqot said:

*GerWOMAN 

#cancelledt #periodt

tenor.gif?itemid=12708862

WHEN I SAY THIS MADE ME CACKLE-

IT MADE ME PEEEEE MYSELF

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

likeitrough
57 minutes ago, SKANK said:

The Ellen bandwagon hate is so weird, so misguided, so sad.

When Ellen came out, she lost her money, her career, everything. Her sitcom was suddenly considered seedy, and had an "adult content" warning slapped on it. She lost her sponsors. The president of ABC said it was "too much" for public to see a gay woman every week on TV. There were full page ads in magazines accusing her of being an affront to the decency of our country. She received bomb threats. Just for being on her show Laura Dern almost lost her career, and Oprah received death threats for the first time. The Right labeled her "Ellen Degenerate," the NYT accused her of rubbing her sexuality in America's face, and even Elton said she was "too gay." She was the butt of every joke. She was treated like ****, by everyone, for being gay.

If that experience hardened her, and made her bitter, and unkind, I completely understand that. If she is able to set that bitterness aside and preach publicly about the value of kindness, when so little was showed to her? More power to her.

When someone comes out in 2020 they get to go on a positive PR tour and complain because a talk show host didn't give them enough one-on-one time. They don't have to become a reviled pervert who looses their income and social standing. Thank Ellen for that.

no one is denying Ellen's trailblazing. she is an LGTBQ icon. every person in our community should understand what she has done for us all thanks to the personal sacrifices she made. 

but, that doesn't excuse her being problematic, rude, etc. just because of her icon status. 

RuPaul is an LGBTQ icon in his own way but his dismissiveness of transgender people will not be tolerated because of his cultural impact. 

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Rupaul and Ellen have numerous accounts of people working with them and speaking about how fake they are.

Every, single, person who has ever worked with Gaga, from big celebrity names to people just working security backstage, have said how kind and genuine she is. I remember this one story of somebody working backstage at one of her shows who said she learned everyone's names and thanked them all personally and that no other star had ever even given them the time of day. The consistency in this story makes me believe that she's the real deal! No fake bitch would have the stamina to keep up the charade to that degree!

Tea! We stan a queen of kindness!

chaeri pls

Shes so pretty and glowy 

Also I dont like Ellen, she's had racist things on her show, and she always thinks she has the high moral ground on everything and everyone

11 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

no one is denying the Ellen's trailblazing. she is an LGTBQ icon. every person in our community should understand what she has done for us all thanks to the personal sacrifices she made. 

but, that doesn't excuse her being problematic, rude, etc. just because of her icon status. 

RuPaul is an LGBTQ icon in his own way but his dismissiveness of transgender people will not be tolerated because of his cultural impact. 

In this thread you have people calling Ellen greedy, saying they hate her, calling her a fake flop, and literally laughing at her coming out experience.

Based on the petty vitriol directed at Ellen on this site and social media more broadly, there is clearly a generation of LGBT people who do not understand the magnitude of her sacrafice. It’s helpful to remind them of what she went through, so that when they do take issue with something Ellen does, they do it with the grace and respect she earned. 

likeitrough
2 minutes ago, SKANK said:

In this thread you have people calling Ellen greedy, saying they hate her, calling her a fake flop, and literally laughing at her coming out experience.

Based on the petty vitriol directed at Ellen on this site and social media more broadly, there is clearly a generation of LGBT people who do not understand the magnitude of her sacrafice. It’s helpful to remind them of what she went through, so that when they do take issue with something Ellen does, they do it with the grace and respect she earned. 

well said, and I understand completely what you mean. 
i hope you understood my POV also. Ellen is an icon but she should be held accountable. 

blackpink
2 hours ago, i medici said:

Oh wow, please educate yourself 

2 hours ago, Gagi said:

Maybe because she isn’t 

2 hours ago, Flopplause said:

She's Dutch

2 hours ago, Varys said:

excuse you. How dare you don't mistake dutch for german 

giphy.gif

drag me omg 

Okay, even if Ellen’s wasn’t that great of an experience, it also isn’t nice of Nikkie to say that, Ellen gave her a huge platform to speak about her coming out and the interview was quite good :awkney:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Daylight Jokers

I mean, it's not like Ellen was rude to her backstage. She just didn't personally greet her after/before her interview...I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. Would it be better if Ellen went to her dressing room and had a good chat with her? Of course. But it's not really that big a deal. I know Ellen can be problematic, but I personally think that specific story is not at all. What's important was she was given a platform to share her story to inspire other transwomen/men out there. That doesn't happen everyday.

Head Empty

I'd be uncomfortable too if I was Nikkie. Going on the Ellen show to do a live interview for millions of people must've been a nerve-wrecking experience. As Nikkie said in another video: she was super scared to talk about it "outside her safe bubble". I don't think it's too much to ask of Ellen to check how the interviewee is doing before discussing such a sensitive topic on (inter)national television.

3 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

OMG I had no idea she was German 

I swear, if I hear one more GGD hunty says that our language is that ugly German language I-...

angry table throw GIF

Archived