Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
throwback

This Day In Music🎶 (Feb. 13)

Featured Posts

MrDaniel

1961 - Frank Sinatra launched his own record label

1967 - Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles was released and spent 10 weeks on #1 in the charts.

1969 - Bob Dylan recorded versions of 'Lay, Lady, Lay', at Columbia Recording Studios in Nashville, Tennessee.

1974 - David Bowie turned down an offer from the Gay Liberation group to compose 'the world's first Gay National Anthem.

2008 - A fan paid $3,000 (£1,500) for a jewelled bra, which Shakira wore on her Oral Fixation world tour in 2007, in an auction for the pop star's children's charity. More than $60,000 (£30,700) had been raised so far, with one fan paying $14,100 (£7,200) to meet Shakira.

2012 - Adele won all six categories she was nominated for at this years Grammy Awards. 

2013 - Lady Gaga was forced to postponed her world tour after sustaining an injury which left her unable to walk. The singer had severe inflammation of the joints, known as synovitis.

Edited by MrDaniel
_Enzo19_🇵🇭
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo
2 minutes ago, MrDaniel said:

David Bowie turned down an offer from the Gay Liberation group to compose 'the world's first Gay National Anthem.

:oprah:

Annoying trash

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDaniel
3 minutes ago, Enzo said:

This is inch resting tho

:emma:

_Enzo19_🇵🇭

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FfFfFfFF
10 minutes ago, MrDaniel said:

2008 - A fan paid $3,000 (£1,500) for a jewelled bra, which Shakira wore on her Oral Fixation world tour in 2007, in an auction for the pop star's children's charity. More than $60,000 (£30,700) had been raised so far, with one fan paying $14,100 (£7,200) to meet Shakira.

It's pretty. That era was iconic. :enigma:

shakira-worn-custom-color-bra-top_1_bc23

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter

Seems like “this day” threads are the thing now.

An American online news and social networking service.
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
super ultra

Let's not forget about Black Sabbath's debut album, it was released on this day in 1970, it's a piece of modern music history :tony:

220px-Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDaniel
9 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Seems like “this day” threads are the thing now.

Uh oh, the Throwback police is here:rip:

_Enzo19_🇵🇭
  • LMAO 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jose P
3 minutes ago, super ultra said:

Let's not forget about Black Sabbath's debut album, it was released on this day in 1970, it's a piece of modern music history :tony:

220px-Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

Yup. They pretty much created metal with this album. Instant classic and extremely important album in music history.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
super ultra
38 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Yup. They pretty much created metal with this album. Instant classic and extremely important album in music history.

Exactly! Fun fact: at first they didn't like being called heavy metal - yet they were one of the founders of the genre, this lowkey blows my mind. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...