šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Birds of Prey Title Changes to Harley Quinn Amid Box Office Flop

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

I personally didnā€™t have an issue with how men were portrayed in the film. I liked the film generally but I can see the obvious reasons why it didnā€™t connect with people... including the false advertising of gay representation between black mask & zsaz. Not to mention they barely touched on Harley being bi with a cartoon in the beginning while she plays love ā€œrouletteā€ lol

Oh I see what you mean now. Yeah, itā€™s a shame that audiences are generally siphoned within one perspective (men, usually white)- and when that is challenged, thereā€™s almost inherent backlash. Like, this isnā€™t even the most revolutionary perspective change as a movie!

And yeah, while I think the cartoon montage of Harleyā€™s bisexuality was cute, all I can simply hope for is that it is explored more in the future. At least I have enough faith in this creative team to know it wonā€™t be grossly oversexualized, if they do it.

I donā€™t have much to say about Montoya except that I thought her sexuality was done well, without it being a focus at all. Interesting Ali Wong cameo as her ex, tbh.

I also still canā€™t wrap my head around the relationship between Zasz and Mask, like... the acting chemistry was fantastic, and I get that it was meant to be diabolical and unhinged and almost a comical way of saying ā€œthey hate women so much that theyā€™re so magnetized by their own selvesā€ but Iā€™m still a bit torn in its portrayal?

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sepsami
8 hours ago, Spock said:

they should reboot the whole thing yet AGAIN and come back when they have a plan

Please no, let itĀ dieĀ :koons:

Defmix100

I don't see the point of blaming straight men, if it's an anti male movie then they shouldn't care/want/rely on male audiences to go see it.

if just 50% of women in the US went to see it the movie would make over $1 Billion dollars, so why aren't enough women going to see it either? Maybe because it's less to do with sexism and more to do with a spinoff from a hated movie with boring promo and a not so obvious plot from the trailers. I thought it looked decent and I will see it at some point but not in cinemas. Blaming the audience is like a boring product blaming the customers

ltlmnstr
10 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

:awkney:Ā this is the reason why it flops. People like you are the reason because of your out of this world statements.Ā 

He sounds like that video of that guy that got super pissed Joker didn't win Best Picture and that Parasite only won because it was "foreign" and the voters had a "woke agenda"Ā 

ltlmnstr
8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Most comic books are read by adults! The idea that superheroes are only for kids just isnā€™t true. For decades Marvel and DC have had HUGE adult fan bases. So many comics include adult themes of sex, drugs, violence, murder etc.Ā 

Yes they make kid friendly cartoons and such but thatā€™s not the whole picture.Ā 

I personally think (or hope) that super hero/comic bookĀ movies never go away. Why canā€™t it just be considered a genre that simplyĀ exists? They make tons of war movies all the time and I have no interest in war movies. But obviously a lot of people do so they keep making them. If anything I want to see more variety and creativity in comic book movies.

You can still enjoy comic books leisurely but the way society and pop culture is now where nerdom has taken over almost every aspect and millenials resort to "adulting" when doing mundane tasks give off that we're creating an infantile society.Ā 

Bill Maher said this when Stan Lee died on his blog. Sure it was super harsh, especially because Stan Lee died, but it is still important to review ourselves and why we're not progressing as a society like generations before.Ā 

TL;DR It's okay to read comic books and be a fan but it's cringe to base your whole life around it.Ā 

Defmix100
3 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

Anti-misogyny =/= Anti-maleĀ :madge:

Ā 

I'm referring to the comments in here specifically saying anti man

gagzus

I mean the biggest complaint from comic fans was that Harley wasnā€™t ā€œsexyā€ enough like her comic counterpart. Which is a sad thing because the movie is so good when I went to see it, Iā€™m gonna see it again on Tuesday as well with my bestie. I like that they had a lesbian character in the movie and her lesbianism wasnā€™t kinda her only character trait too! It was just sort of like ā€œyeah sheā€™s also gay and what about it?ā€.

i love the humour in the movie, like the fact that it says someone hates her because she voted for Bernie sanders lol

My two complaintsĀ areĀ that only Harley is like her comic book counterpart, like Cassandra Cain is literally only similar in name only. And they only hint at Black Mask being gay/bi by making him be an artsy flamboyant man which irked me

I feel like that should have been the title all along, the movie is 98% Harley and 2% BOP

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

14 hours ago, Wixson said:

Sorry, but the director ain't the one to blame. They directed a film that received a higher score than expected & the RT score is alwaysĀ expected to drop once more critics weigh in. They should've promoted it more effectively and yes, its original name was ludicrous.Ā 

Also a drop to 80 is like every filmā€™s dreamĀ :laughga:

I mean, that was one heck of a title for a movie. Everybody says heyĀ letā€™s go watch the Harley Quinn movie, so they shouldā€™ve known this by now

Archived