Regina George

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Widows Kiss said:

Post a recent work of DJWS that is great :rip:

OT: He wasn't wrong. DJWS snapped with that one.

All six songs he wrote for ASIB say hello 

also his solo release is gonna slay you guys 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

xoxo Craig
3 hours ago, FameHookah said:

This.. thats why she self sabotaged the whole era, she was rebelling and hurting so bad, i still dont know WHY she renewed her contract...

She renewed her contract after Joanne, didn't she? :madge:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
31 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

same with some Joanne songs yet people praise Mark Ronson

Mark was executive producer with Gaga on Joanne, and every song on that album was produced by him. Even Angel Down, he reworked it. DJWS was never part of Joanne

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

All six songs he wrote for ASIB say hello 

also his solo release is gonna slay you guys 

Is Detroit City still a thing? Or was that a one time thing?

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
12 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

Let me listen to DWUW real quick :toofunny:

I haven't heard the R.Kelly version in so long, I only have the solo version and the one with Xtina on my phone :vegas:

End Racism Now

FameHookah
56 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

She renewed her contract after Joanne, didn't she? :madge:

Yep, they gave her Arabella

WTF is MDNA

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, FameHookah said:

Yep, they gave her Arabella

Ugh the horse was magical, her connection with Gaga was just beautiful... but she needs to get out of there and sign with someone else

End Racism Now

Defmix100
7 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Mark was executive producer with Gaga on Joanne, and every song on that album was produced by him. Even Angel Down, he reworked it. DJWS was never part of Joanne

I'm saying to the user who said the DJWS ASIB tracks have barely any production, that people praise Mark Ronson for his work on Joanne where similar tracks have less production too

21 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

And he was right. DWUW is one of Gaga's BEST singles. R. Kelly sounds amazing on it. 

Musically, he was right. I don't care what anyone thinks. 

Exactly. People keep leaving that part out for the sake of the anti-R Kelly narrative. Which is obviously warranted, he's a predatory ****, but the song is great and he's great on it. Now that song is removed from everywhere, which is a shame.

JustJames
15 hours ago, FameHookah said:

This.. thats why she self sabotaged the whole era, she was rebelling and hurting so bad, i still dont know WHY she renewed her contract...

I haven't read through the rest of the thread to know if anyone has said something similar; I probably shouldn't have used the word 'label,' because honestly, Interscope and their control of Gaga is in no way different to the way every corporation treats its capital and assets. You can find clips of 90% of musicians and actors/actresses saying something akin to "I signed my soul to the devil." If you believe that is just a coincidence and that the sample size of Hollywood is SO different that likely 0% of marketing or salespeople would ever say "I signed my soul to the devil,"  then... 

You can believe what you want as far as their definition or metaphor for/of the 'devil' in the quote above. No matter what it is, it's something pretty dark if the industry has cannibalized its greatest starts over the years all in the name of dollar bills. Gaga would not have never been able to release and promote songs that scratched anything beyond the surface of the message that she had in so many of her lyrics from this time period. As it were, she never ever referenced the girl underneath the aura, whose body was used and abused by the industry, who wanted to fire up the jets and live a Gypsy life, but had to find some sort of peace becoming the actualization of the decaying popstar she referred to so many times, living off of her fix of fame via IV and applause. 

Her intros to the ARTPOP songs were so, so superficial and shallow. Nobody was there holding a gun to her head. She knew by the time those songs were bastardized that her downfall had to have been premediated and that she was obliged to run with whatever plan was put in front of her per her record deal. She didn't go from someone whose excitement over their art prevented them from communicating a relatable concept to saying "it's just an explosion of adrenaline! hehe."

And, again, those saying to separate the music from the man, etc. are perpetuating the fallacy that R. Kelly added anything artistically to the actual song DWUW. Listen to her words (solo or as sung by Christina); then, listen to his. Please tell me how his addition had the same, but stronger, meaning. His verse is the only reason this song is even associated with sex at all. How is it artistic to remove a crucial verse and insert one that changes the song's meaning totally and completely? Without the overt sexual lyrics, 'Do What U Want' is amazing songwriting. With a sexualized verse, 'Do What U Want' becomes trite, try-hard, and creepy. No thank you.

Archived