💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Kesha’s ‘High Road’ Billboard 200 Debut

COOOK

Featured Posts

At #7, with 45K total units (35K pure sales), while ‘Funeral’ by Lil Wayne debuts at #1 with 139K total units.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/8550510/lil-wayne-funeral-fifth-no-1-billboard-200-album-chart

“Kesha snares her fourth top 10 album, as High Road bows at No. 7 with 45,000 equivalent album units. Of that starting sum, 35,000 were in album sales, aided by a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer with her upcoming tour, as well as merchandise/album bundle sales via her official website. Kesha previously clocked top 10s with Rainbow (No. 1 in 2017), Warrior (No. 6, 2012) and Animal (No. 1, 2010).”

That's............not bad at all for her actually. I was expecting much less, but this is kinda on par with pop releases now

That’s still 104 spots higher than Liam’s debut on the Billboard 200, so sis did THAT :whitney:

angels forever, forever angels

4 minutes ago, shame said:

That’s still 104 spots higher than Liam’s debut on the Billboard 200, so sis did THAT :whitney:

Girl even Wendy Williams can pull a feat like that :air:

ElectricKing
10 minutes ago, shame said:

I actually don't understand why his debut/peak position was so low.

Louis' debut: #9

Zayn's debut: #1

Harry's debut: #1

Niall's debut: #1

Liam's debut: #111 :air:

Even though I don't like his attitude, I'm confused as to why even though he was part of the biggest boyband only a few years ago, his album peaked so low.

2 minutes ago, Faded said:

I actually don't understand why his debut/peak position was so low.

Louis' debut: #9

Zayn's debut: #1

Harry's debut: #1

Niall's debut: #1

Liam's debut: #111 :air:

Even though I don't like his attitude, I'm confused as to why even though he was part of the biggest boyband only a few years ago, his album peaked so low.

Because for once, the charts reflected the GP’s decent taste :whitney:

angels forever, forever angels

ElectricKing
3 minutes ago, shame said:

Because for once, the charts reflected the GP’s decent taste :whitney:

But then aren't you surprised Louis' album charted so high? :reductive:

Wait a second so she only sold 3000 pure albums less than Wayne? Ok..

She is not getting enough attention for the greatness of the album tbh.. even Rainbow bowed at #1 and High Road is actually better. Why are people sleeping on the only great gay 2008/09 popstar putting out fun pop right now?

Oh well, maybe (hopefully) this entire defamation case attention scoops in some second week sales.

JustJames
13 minutes ago, Deagan said:

She is not getting enough attention for the greatness of the album tbh.. even Rainbow bowed at #1 and High Road is actually better. Why are people sleeping on the only great gay 2008/09 popstar putting out fun pop right now?

Oh well, maybe (hopefully) this entire defamation case attention scoops in some second week sales.

Preach. This album, and Kesha, are the only remnants of the pop magic of 2010ish. I’m not sure how or why the GP finds anything in the top ten of the Hot 100 more entertaining than the first three singles off this album.

I think the industry needs to be overhauled; I don’t care if kids don’t have the attention span to do anything other than stream or listen to songs longer than 2:45. Music as an art needs to be packaged in a medium similar to the album and the charts and trends need to reward and reflect this.

26 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Streaming is surpassing physical sales now in the difference it makes to the chart -- which tbh is a good thing cause its accurately reflecting the whole market and not the smaller and smaller amount of people buying physical albums

21 minutes ago, brownie said:

Streaming is surpassing physical sales now in the difference it makes to the chart -- which tbh is a good thing cause its accurately reflecting the whole market and not the smaller and smaller amount of people buying physical albums

I disagree. Digital album sales also fall under the pure album sales I believe.

And, as for streaming units, I for one don't want to buy into this "the market is streaming now" nonsense... it's much easier for fanbases to just spin on repeat and VPNs and whatever, and it's definitely not a metric for "how much they are selling"... an album is still a complete piece of work - artwork, lyric booklet, music videos, tour included.

I'm just saying though.. Wayne is considerably bigger than Kesha atm (I mean heck straight macho hip hop vs gay minority pop) but I still wonder how many people actually consume a Wayne record in the same way a Kesha record is received. That being said, 3k sales less is not that much of a difference and her fans do stick with her I guess. I know I do..

31 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Preach. This album, and Kesha, are the only remnants of the pop magic of 2010ish. I’m not sure how or why the GP finds anything in the top ten of the Hot 100 more entertaining than the first three singles off this album.

I think the industry needs to be overhauled; I don’t care if kids don’t have the attention span to do anything other than stream or listen to songs longer than 2:45. Music as an art needs to be packaged in a medium similar to the album and the charts and trends need to reward and reflect this.

I guess, actually, because it's too "gay". Dua Lipa does well, but she's doing mainstream so well right now with her disco edm stuff. And she's considered "hot", while Kesha is more of an "outcast" now.. they thought "Tik Tok" Kesha was still "****able".

It's "gettin' ready mani pedi fancy **** with the leatherz" vs "snort the coke off my d*ck b*tch".. sad.

12 minutes ago, Deagan said:

I disagree. Digital album sales also fall under the pure album sales I believe.

And, as for streaming units, I for one don't want to buy into this "the market is streaming now" nonsense... it's much easier for fanbases to just spin on repeat and VPNs and whatever, and it's definitely not a metric for "how much they are selling"... an album is still a complete piece of work - artwork, lyric booklet, music videos, tour included.

I'm just saying though.. Wayne is considerably bigger than Kesha atm (I mean heck straight macho hip hop vs gay minority pop) but I still wonder how many people actually consume a Wayne record in the same way a Kesha record is received. That being said, 3k sales less is not that much of a difference and her fans do stick with her I guess. I know I do..

I guess, actually, because it's too "gay". Dua Lipa does well, but she's doing mainstream so well right now with her disco edm stuff. And she's considered "hot", while Kesha is more of an "outcast" now.. they thought "Tik Tok" Kesha was still "****able".

It's "gettin' ready mani pedi fancy **** with the leatherz" vs "snort the coke off my d*ck b*tch".. sad.

Yes.  I will always support Kesha. :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived