đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Joe Armstrong throws shade at Ariana when talking about Billie Eilis

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8
23 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I mean, if Billie is an "industry plant" then what do you call Ariana, a nearly complete product of the entertainment industry LOL.

Yes, because a girl who was part of a hit tv show (Not even the main star) who went on to do music with a major fan base already in tact is an industry plant...

I mean Ariana signed on for victorious only if her contract would let her sign to any record label she chose. If not she would of been with Columbia during her victorious/Sam & cat run.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation
11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Lady Gaga during her debut era:

Reveal hidden contents

- Interscope hired FlyLife and Coalition Media to help market her music and image to the gay community specifically (a strategy copied from the Scissor Sisters)

- Interscope paid/lobbied for gigs/appearances at Winter Music Conference, NowNowNext Awards, Fire Island, Berlin Fashion Week, The Hills, Miss Universe, San Francisco Gay Pride, Ellen, Brit Awards, So You Think You Can Dance, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, The View, and American Idol

- an Interscope paid features of three The Fame songs in mega hit series Gossip Girl

- a calculated friendship with Perez Hilton, who mass promoted Just Dance

- an Interscope paid position as opener for New Kids on the Block and Pussycat Dolls

- an Interscope lobbied for front cover of Rolling Stone

Relevant testimonials about this period:

Dave Mace, senior vice president of programming for Logo: "Interscope was really pushing this girl. She had the one video out, for 'Just Dance'. Interscope had clearly given her more money to work with than most developing artists."

James Diener, CEO of A&M/Octone Records: "Lady Gaga is probably the greatest artist development story we've seen in memorable history."

David Ciemny, ex-tour manager of Gaga: "She was very acutely aware of certain program directors. And if they didn't add the song [Just Dance], it was, 'What do we do?' She knew everyone at her label. If something wasn't happening, she'd say, 'Let me call that guy. What do I need to do? I'll show up at the station, I'll sing "Happy Birthday." I'll do whatever it takes."

Nicole Scherzinger, lead singer of Pussycat Dolls: "I believe it was Jimmy Iovine's idea [to book Gaga as the opener of their tour]. Keep in mind, Gaga wasn't... I think she might've had one single out. 'Just Dance'. No one had ever heard of her."

Bye.

Both Gaga and Billie are hard working, talented artists whose potential was discovered and exploited by a major record label who invested a ton into their career. The end. It's really not that complicated. No need for "industry plant" accusations. If Billie's music was garbage and she had no talent to convince her peers that she was worthy of so much acclaim and attention, she would have never made it big, OBVIOUSLY :rip:

- Gaga had already written songs for both New Kids on the Block and the Pussycat Dolls, which is why Jimmy Iovine decided to let her open for their tours

- Gaga had to pay for The Fame Ball and The Monster Ball tour with her own money

- I am glad Gaga got to do all of those promo spots you mentioned (Miss Universe, Brit Awards, Idol, SYTYCD etc) because it showcased Gaga as a live performer who worked her ass off from day one

- On the other hand, Billie Eilish’s first live TV performance was almost ONE YEAR after her album came out :rip:. 

- Billie’s industry plant suggestions have followed her since the beginning. No need to shoot the messenger.

Lord Temptation
23 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

She and Finneas became famous via a self produced songs on Soundcloud which is how they became noticed by labels.

"When you fall asleep, where do you Go" is completely self produced by Billie and Finneas in their small home studio and they refused outside production or label intervention producing the album.

The rest of that stuff is the result of becoming known and Interscope being Interscope.  Do you not remember Gaga's custom version of "Beats" lol?

I mean, if Billie is an "industry plant" then what do you call Ariana, a nearly complete product of the entertainment industry LOL.

Ariana is has had 8 years of artistic progression. When she debuted in 2012 she wasn’t thrust into all these sponsorship deals with Google/Apple/Variety/Gucci/Spotify. She worked her way up. And she has had to deal with lots of challenges in the public eye. 

Didymus
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

- Gaga had already written songs for both New Kids on the Block and the Pussycat Dolls, which is why Jimmy Iovine decided to let her open for their tours

:rip:

What do those two things have to do with each other? Nothing.

Just now, Lord Temptation said:

- Gaga had to pay for The Fame Ball and The Monster Ball tour with her own money

That's not true. It is true that she wasn't satisfied with the budget Interscope gave her and paid for things like Roy Bennett (her tour designer) and her appearance costumes with her own money but from the things I listed, it should be obvious that Interscope provided her plenty of opportunities to make that kind of money :toofunny:

9 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

- I am glad Gaga got to do all of those promo spots you mentioned (Miss Universe, Brit Awards, Idol, SYTYCD etc) because it showcased Gaga as a live performer who worked her ass off from day one

- On the other hand, Billie Eilish’s first live TV performance was almost ONE YEAR after her album came out :rip:.

But she was already touring a year before that :madge: Sis, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. First you're saying Billie appearing on tv at all is a bad thing 'cause it means she's an industry plant and now you're saying her not appearing on tv is a bad thing because it means she's not a hard worker? :lmao: You're really trying way too hard to diss her.

12 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

- Billie’s industry plant suggestions have followed her since the beginning. No need to shoot the messenger.

And plenty of music industry experts have stated that Interscope pushed Gaga to success with their intensive promo campaign, backed up by Gaga signing a 360 deal contract :laughga:

Anyway... back to the point: Billie being supported (yes, even prioritized) by her label (just like Gaga was in 2008-2009) does not mean she is not talented or respected, or that she doesn't deserve to be called talented or respected. When will you finally address that?

Morphine Prince
29 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Billie has already proven her worth to millions of people. It's only salty pop forum gays who seem to have a problem with her :ladyhaha: 

It's always the same people who RUN to any thread mentioning her name. It's hilarious how Billie has the haters flocking to her after every move.

That's what I call POWER.

Didymus
10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

When she debuted in 2012 she wasn’t thrust into all these sponsorship deals with Google/Apple/Variety/Gucci/Spotify. She worked her way up. And she has had to deal with lots of challenges in the public eye. 

Billie was signed in 2015 :rip: She officially debuted under Interscope in 2016. She didn't get a sponsorship until 2017 and most of the sponsorships you mentioned are only from last year :flop:

Didymus

Besides, what does "working your way up" have to do with talent? :messga: We're talking about a voice that became instantly viral on SoundCloud. Friggin' SoundCloud and radio stations are playing her little demo. Why blame her for such a reception and the commercial response that followed? :ladyhaha: Makes no sense.

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Besides, what does "working your way up" have to do with talent? :messga: We're talking about a voice that became instantly viral on SoundCloud. Friggin' SoundCloud and radio stations are playing her little demo. Why blame her for such a reception and the commercial response that followed? :ladyhaha: Makes no sense.

Plus, she DID work her way up. She was playing at small venues in 2018. She SLOWLY gained a following in 2017-2018 and she BOOMED in late 2018 and then 2019 was success after success. 

And in 2020 she will continue to have success. 

Uncalled for.

But i love the three artist. so go off i guess

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

In 10 years when people go “Billie Ellish who? “ or “Ariana grande who” or even “Gaga has been?” 

then you will understand the level of cringe 

Didymus
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Plus, she DID work her way up. She was playing at small venues in 2017. She SLOWLY gained a following in 2017-2018 and she BOOMED in late 2018 and then 2019 was success after success. 

And in 2020 she will continue to have success. 

Precisely. But apparently the two tours she did before she became famous don't matter :smh: Or the fact that, I dunno, people genuinely dig her music. Shocker.

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

:rip:

What do those two things have to do with each other? Nothing.

That's not true. It is true that she wasn't satisfied with the budget Interscope gave her and paid for things like Roy Bennett (her tour designer) and her appearance costumes with her own money but from the things I listed, it should be obvious that Interscope provided her plenty of opportunities to make that kind of money :toofunny:

But she was already touring a year before that :madge: Sis, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. First you're saying Billie appearing on tv at all is a bad thing 'cause it means she's an industry plant and now you're saying her not appearing on tv is a bad thing because it means she's not a hard worker? :lmao: You're really trying way too hard to diss her.

And plenty of music industry experts have stated that Interscope pushed Gaga to success with their intensive promo campaign, backed up by Gaga signing a 360 deal contract :laughga:

Anyway... back to the point: Billie being supported (yes, even prioritized) by her label (just like Gaga was in 2008-2009) does not mean she is not talented or respected, or that she doesn't deserve to be called talented or respected. When will you finally address that?

My point is that at every opportunity Gaga got to perform live she chose to sing live, performing for free almost weekly so that audiences could see her performance artistry. Billie only sang if she was getting paid for it. 

“Music industry experts” makes me laugh. Those idiots were the ones telling Gaga she was too this or not enough that. 

Anyway, I can see that you love dragging Gaga into all of this when she literally had nothing to do with poor old Billie Armstrong shading Ariana Grande.

As Gaga said to Zane Lowe, who on his own radio show talking to Gaga and comparing her to Madonna, “I wouldn’t make that comparison at all”.

Morphine Prince
Just now, Didymus said:

Precisely. But apparently the two tours she did before she became famous don't matter :smh: Or the fact that, I dunno, people genuinely dig her music. Shocker.

It's hilarious because I heard about Billie in early 2018 and I saw her on the iTunes charts and I saw some Spotify promo and I NEVER checked her out until November 2018 when I listened to when the party's over. 

I INSTANTLY fell in love. 

It was all organic, simply appreciated the music. Tons of people who like her are the same. 

"Industry plant" is such a non-insult. As if you're favorite artists aren't being promoted to death and still fail to get a following. All fake produced by labels. 

That's the difference. Bille and her brother make music themselves without any help. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

My point is that at every opportunity Gaga got to perform live she chose to sing live, performing for free almost weekly so that audiences could see her performance artistry. Billie only sang if she was getting paid for it.

:lmao: :lmao:

That is your biggest stretch to drag Billie to date. Wow. Keep 'em coming.

1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Anyway, I can see that you love dragging Gaga into all of this when she literally had nothing to do with poor old Billie Armstrong shading Ariana Grande.

But she does have something to do with your calling Billie an industry plant because her label tried to make her famous :ladyhaha: That has something to do with all pop stars. And you're judging unfairly because of your bias against Billie. That's the only reason I'm bringing up Gaga and you know it, bitch :madge:

Archived