💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How many Gaga collabs could have been?

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve done my own topic but I’m curious to talk about this.

Often as we know, artists get offered a LOT of collabs when they’re in their peaks. But how many collabs do you think Interscope might’ve tried to push or had other people reached out to Gaga to try and collaborate? 

I mean we know some of the obvious ones who definitely did or highly likely did want collabs like Cher, Elton John, MJ was probably inevitable had he lived, Madonna probably had at one point pre 2012 and Calvin Harris was also asked by Interscope about one in her debut era. 

But who else do you think probably tried to get a Gaga collab in her popularity peaks (2009-2012, 2017/18-2019)?

I think a Nicki collab was definitely on the table back in 2011 from Interscope, I also think David Guetta probably would’ve wanted a collab at one point. 

1 minute ago, gagzus said:

I also think David Guetta probably would’ve wanted a collab at one point. 

He’s in Fashion! :emma:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

gagzus
3 minutes ago, Red said:

He’s in Fashion! :emma:

Oh I know that but I mean during his Nothing But The Beat era. When he was everywhere on European radio, in clubs and what not. Like David Guetta ft Lady Gaga.

gagzus
2 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

Britney, but it didn't happen. 

Yeah I think she originally wanted her on Telephone but when Video Phone happened it seemed conceptually right for Beyoncé to be on it.

Then I think they tried to do a collab for either Glory or LG5’s early stages

Defmix100

also an official release of a track with Kendrick Lamar,

I feel like I'm the only one who would want a collab with Eminem

107270-eminem_lady_gaga_VMA_awards_617_4

and Kanye West, if their tour together went ahead I could see them working on music together during that time

gagzus
2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

also an official release of a track with Kendrick Lamar,

I feel like I'm the only one who would want a collab with Eminem

107270-eminem_lady_gaga_VMA_awards_617_4

and Kanye West, if their tour together went ahead I could see them working on music together during that time

I think had Fame Kills went ahead, Gaga and Kanye would’ve been great friends and would’ve made some great music together. It probably would’ve impacted her music and relationships more like I could see her having become friends with his fellow rappers and maybe even Nicki who knows. Maybe in an alternate universe haha

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I think had Fame Kills went ahead, Gaga and Kanye would’ve been great friends and would’ve made some great music together. It probably would’ve impacted her music and relationships more like I could see her having become friends with his fellow rappers and maybe even Nicki who knows. Maybe in an alternate universe haha

definitely, it also would have meant no BTW, ARTPOP, Joanne or ASIB though. Would be really interesting to peak into that alt universe and see where she would be now

Stephen

Known to exist-

Cher

Azealia Banks

Kendrick Lamar

Paul McCartney

Elton John (more)

what am I missing??

JustJames

I think Gaga’s lack of collabs in her discography is a little bit of a letdown and she definitely missed out on a lot of opportunities to break through into genres she’s always dabbled in. Her most famous collaboration - DWUW - was a song with lyrics and a message that made so much more sense as a solo. Meanwhile songs like Aura and Scheisse were screaming for a bridge/intro/powerful female artist feature.

Her leaked collabs with Kendrick would have smashed and given her a boost into the pop+hip hop market that exploded in the 20-teens. Her and Nicki could’ve been the legit version of what she tried with Azealia, and she could’ve gotten low key but acclaimed collaborators for Joanne to bring it more authenticity and reach country / Americana fanbases. “Hey Girl” was a total waste of two amazing talents; similar to how “Starstruck” was a wasted shot at getting a Kesha-level catapult in her early days.

Most definitely, a Guetta or Harris ft. Gaga would’ve slayed and let her keep dominating that category at the Grammys.

gagzus
5 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

definitely, it also would have meant no BTW, ARTPOP, Joanne or ASIB though. Would be really interesting to peak into that alt universe and see where she would be now

I think had she not been dropped and stay at Def Jam, and given the fact she loves hip-hop music, plus her early works with Fusari take heavily from hip-hop as inspiration she would’ve totally been a hip-hop/R&B artist instead of a dance one tbh

Zander
7 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Probably this.

Screenshot-2020-02-03-at-13-47-04.png

gagzus
5 minutes ago, JustJames said:

I think Gaga’s lack of collabs in her discography is a little bit of a letdown and she definitely missed out on a lot of opportunities to break through into genres she’s always dabbled in. Her most famous collaboration - DWUW - was a song with lyrics and a message that made so much more sense as a solo. Meanwhile songs like Aura and Scheisse were screaming for a bridge/intro/powerful female artist feature.

Her leaked collabs with Kendrick would have smashed and given her a boost into the pop+hip hop market that exploded in the 20-teens. Her and Nicki could’ve been the legit version of what she tried with Azealia, and she could’ve gotten low key but acclaimed collaborators for Joanne to bring it more authenticity and reach country / Americana fanbases. “Hey Girl” was a total waste of two amazing talents; similar to how “Starstruck” was a wasted shot at getting a Kesha-level catapult in her early days.

Most definitely, a Guetta or Harris ft. Gaga would’ve slayed and let her keep dominating that category at the Grammys.

I think she doesn’t like to relinquish control, and when someone else is involved and another management team is involved it becomes difficult.

Like the Kendrick collabs died because his team wanted the songs to be hip-hop and for her to distance from her gay imagery in BTW because he was starting out. Same with Kanye apparently asking her to make her segments of fame kills “less gay”.

Archived