Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

why continue pop?

giskardsb

Featured Posts

Lady Rah Rah

It's a little difficult to make a believable and coherent argument here, but tbh I think Gaga has always felt a deep connection with pop music. Whether it be due to the era she entered our worlds in, the fact she is a gay icon or how commercially and critically successful her pop music is. She will continue to create music in this genre, simply, I believe, cause she adores it. And who are we to tell her any different?

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sarahb

It always confuses me when fans of a woman that is known for her pop music and her flashy shows, where most of her discography is pop and most of her fanbase likes her because of pop, wants her to just... stop doing all that.

I don't get it 

skedaddleBItCh
30 minutes ago, sarahb said:

It always confuses me when fans of a woman that is known for her pop music and her flashy shows, where most of her discography is pop and most of her fanbase likes her because of pop, wants her to just... stop doing all that.

I don't get it 

And when she stops doing pop, they'll hate her for it:bradley:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

PartySick
6 hours ago, Erich Johnson said:

Honestly, if gaga new music sounds like SL

she can keep it, don't fu ck with your legacy bish

Idk, imo her leads are always a tad more basic than the rest of the album. Not to shade them, basic isn't an insult :poot:

BTW would probably be an exception to that but Just Dance, Bad Romance, Applause, and Perfect Illusion are easily among the most "basic" songs in her discography and from their respective albums.

I could see SL being a lead for the dance hit but we all know the rest of the album would be great. And hopefully she can break the 2nd single curse 'cause Venus and A-Yo are still mad :spin:

🖤

Idk... She is the one that knows what she wants to do, what she enjoys the most, what can give her satisfaction, drive, so idk if it's pop, rock, jazz, whatever. Ultimately i just want to watch where she wants to go. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

Because she is supposed to save it.

gosh she is all Pop music has tbh. she is supposed to be the whole pop culture deal. the whole package.

if she quits it we are all have to be settling for hip-hop, trap and electronic house music (which are the closest things)...

the other pop girls are cute but none of them have what it takes to be considered a real pop ARTIST.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

LilyLark

She obviously likes pop....Bowie and Queen are technically "pop" meets "glam rock" and even some of her early stuff was pop-ish, even if it wasn't dance pop. I think the problem is a big segment of the base expects a certain type of pop music and won't be satisfied with anything else. People always accuse Lana of sounding the same, but she moved from trip hop/dream pop to more of a rock sound back to pop and then back to soft rock/indie folk pop type of music...and her fans stayed. Taylor retained most of her fans moving from country to country pop to pop. I'm not sure Gaga can do the same considering the fan backlash and diminishing numbers (streaming is a huge issue for every artist, but it does seem like much of ASIB's success can be chalked up to the GP and not her hardcore, long time fans).....and I think she's aware of it.

But yeah, the pop industry is extremely ageist (look at Madonna, Robyn, Katy, etc....and what Taylor said in her recent documentary about the industry semi-ignoring stars once they hit 35) and this fan base is mostly terrible. It's not that they just go "okay, not for me anymore," but they actively trash and make sh*t go viral...which could hurt her future sales. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she just started doing whatever she wants, be it dance pop or more Speechless meets Future Love type of music, after LG6 because she has to realize the radio/fans are going to decrease a lot once she hits 35 and that she'll never satisfy that one group of fans.

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, sarahb said:

I don't get it 

I think OP meant to stop gunning for top 40. Like she can create pop music (because lord knows that’s a vast tent), but let herself explore instead of pandering to her audience with dance pop that sounds familiar. 

Ladle Ghoulash
29 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Idk, imo her leads are always a tad more basic than the rest of the album. Not to shade them, basic isn't an insult :poot:

BTW would probably be an exception to that but Just Dance, Bad Romance, Applause, and Perfect Illusion are easily among the most "basic" songs in her discography and from their respective albums.

I could see SL being a lead for the dance hit but we all know the rest of the album would be great. And hopefully she can break the 2nd single curse 'cause Venus and A-Yo are still mad :spin:

How is Perfect Illusion basic? The whole song is ****ing dissonant, is centered around a deceptive cadence, has extremely raw vocals, and has a hairpin key change into a key that is extremely jarring for a pop song. Perfect Illusion is basically an upside down pop song lmao 

giskardsb
2 hours ago, sarahb said:

I don't get it 

speaking only for myself, I'm a fan of Gaga's voice and musicianship.   The other stuff is extra and entertaining, but when it gets in the way of her voice and musicianship I'm fine with her skipping it.  Gaga has a large number of fans that are not actually general pop fans, many of us are Gaga fans *in spite* of her being a pop star.    

TWICE on hatius

Part of me doesn’t want her to make music and switch to acting full time cause we know how sexist music industry can be. We also see *******s switched all the time chasing who’s the most skinny and good looking in the game. Literally, zero female artists can have same support after they turned to certain age. And i don’t think Gaga will become an exception. Following a career in acting gives her the ability to follow art more (***freely***)

But then again no one is going to make feel adrenaline rush like Gaga. She made pop music so exciting whether it’s flop or bop. Even her haters know deep down music is more exciting with her. New wave of pop girls are no less talented as her. But they came and went. That is a more heathy culture but also a boring, inattentive one. 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

ryansamonster

Gaga makes Pop music.

Pop stands for Popular. It can be Country, Rap, Electronic, Jazz, Soul, Reggae, etc... 

She’ll never stop making pop music.

yes and

You are totally right. She does Enigma just for fans only, not because she is really into that. The same story with the coming LG6 which is gonna be a pop album; obviously, if she didn't care about fans, she would release Joanne 2.0.

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived