Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

why continue pop?

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I personally don't see any reason for Gaga to continue trying to be a "pop star."  It was a useful way for her to get into the business and has given her financial freedom, enough so that she really doesn't need to put up with the industry.   In many ways she has transcended her beginnings, no longer just being known as a pop star, but known to the public at large as a huge figure in entertainment in general, whether music or acting, and I imagine eventually Broadway.

The pop industry is fickle and her own fanbase is constantly judging her based on what their expectations of her are as a "pop star" in the pop industry.   Top 40 radio is not particularly adventurous although occasionally people like Adele, Billie, or even Gaga can become known doing something different then what's on the radio.   Because she is a "pop star" she is expected to put on these big shows with a ton of flash and bling that IMO actually distract from Gaga herself as a performer.  It's why her J&P show is basically the best show she's ever put on.    Gaga herself needs to be the draw, not a stage full of props, special effects, and dancers.   Not saying that those things need to be removed from her shows entirely, but the focus needs to be on Gaga herself singing and playing.

She should just put out whatever music she wants, when she wants.  Many fans may not have liked it, but Joanne was one of her most honest efforts IMO and has a vulnerability in it that I enjoy.  I need more of that, not necessarily in that style, but more of just Gaga showing us herself through her songs.   If radio likes it, great, if not, whatever.   Make music for herself and her own musical growth, and existing fans can either follow, or not, but she should make absolutely ZERO decisions based on what fans think they want (including me, of course :)).   Luckily Gaga post ARTPOP has mostly been on a "I'm in charge of my own career" mode that has largely been in opposition to what fans think she should be doing, and it's worked great for her so far.  I hope she has given herself permission to continue that path, and that LG6 isn't some misguided attempt to make the fans happy.   If she's feeling "pop" now, then great, but don't force it.  I like the Enigma show, but I'd personally be ok if that type of show is the "last gasp" of Gaga the pop star, and from now on we see more of just Gaga the musician, vocalist, and magnetic personality unconstrained and unimpeded by the demands of a big pop production that mostly gets in the way of Gaga herself.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

Tbh I think she is putting out the music she wants otherwise she maybe wouldn't have released Joanne (which I love) or the jazz album and would have continued putting out dancepop after dancepop album (or whatever the genre is).

Pop Music

I will be happy with whatever she releases 

I love all of her albums because you can tell whatever she is doing she is deeply passionate about and when you love someone so much and can feel their passion and artistry through multiple genres who am I to say she should only stick to pop 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Erich Johnson

Yeah i think it too

Nowdays Some girls can do it better than her 

Honestly, if gaga new music sounds like SL

she can keep it, don't fu ck with your legacy bish

Gaga cant release whatever she wants whenever she wants becuase she has a contract with interscope and they have the final say on it

Because when you exclude pop from the equation stan culture thinks you're talking about adult contemporary sh¡t forever and that'd be boring

i'd like her to explore a different genre each era tho

ice heard one side from above

Bambino

We became fans because she did pop music. I don't think she would've become this big if she started out as a jazz or country singer. She can serve all kinds of music genres so we should be fine.

SpookyKid

She needs to give me that rock / metal album already :giveup: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

FfFfFfFF

She is a pop star and almost her entire catalogue is pop with influences and hints of other genres. She can't and doubt she even wants to quit pop.

malazam

She wants to and that's all. She's been working hard.

And I can't twerk to INLA.

another shot before we kiss the other side

dynamite
7 minutes ago, Bambino said:

We became fans because she did pop music. I don't think she would've become this big if she started out as a jazz or country singer. She can serve all kinds of music genres so we should be fine.

This. Like, how well did Red and Blue do? :enigma:

not Chromatica

:golfclap:

I think trying to be a traditional pop star is only holding her back. And tbh I think she's having a hard time figuring out how she fits the role after all this time & doesn't even try to subvert the expectations (which is kinda necessary if you wanna keep on doing your own thing).

Archived